test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Full dps paladin

hellxherehellxhere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 41
edited May 2015 in The Citadel
Hi folks,

Currently i m playing a full tank OP and i was wondering if someone chose to play a full dps/crit OP (more like a gwf style)?

If yes can you give us a feedback on it?

Thanks!
Post edited by hellxhere on

Comments

• equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hellxhere wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Currently i m playing a full tank OP and i was wondering if someone chose to play a full dps/crit OP (more like a gwf style)?

If yes can you give us a feedback on it?

Thanks!

Yes its as tanky as one aside from that my damage goes higher. Im one of those whom choose to play full dps/critical OP like a gwf style. Assist to heal while dealing lots of damage. :cool:
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi, yea, I'm building one. Planning to go for 60% crit for pvp and maybe 65-70% for pve.
  • hellxherehellxhere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2015
    When you say as tanky is it thanks to templars wrath? What is your average dps in donjon compare to GWF/CW etc?
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You can try VoE, Bane + Circle of Power but i doubt you will reach the same numbers as real dps in similar gear.
  • hellxherehellxhere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    You can try VoE, Bane + Circle of Power but i doubt you will reach the same numbers as real dps in similar gear.

That s what i m wondering. Compare to a DPS class and a tank where a full dps OP is?

Does he deals same amounts of damage as a GWF? half of it? Compare to a tank?

equ4lizer do you do t2 easily?
    edited May 2015
    hellxhere wrote: »
    That s what i m wondering. Compare to a DPS class and a tank where a full dps OP is?

Does he deals same amounts of damage as a GWF? half of it? Compare to a tank?

equ4lizer do you do t2 easily?

Its not because of templar's wrath though sometimes I used it as a control for mobs and to boost hitpoints for the party.

Yup T2 is easy. My favourite runs are epic lostmauth and epic temple of spiders.
    Tanky was because of the constant healing output, moving around and avoiding some but not all red spots. And output damage like around 3/4 of a gwf or cw, however if they are geared lesser it puts you on top dps chart. If they were well equiped, you'll either be 2nd or 3rd place.
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开

edited May 2015
    quspiv wrote: »

3 buff encounters, seriously? What will you do the damage with then? At-wills? lol
  • kolbathinkolbathin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I run 70%ish crit and P.vorpal.

Dps tank build.

I run templars, relentless and binding oath.

Dump stated con and maxed cha/wis, and use a legendary blink dog with 3 greater bonding stones. When I get CA which I do alot, my damage goes up with around 42%.

My actives slots are:
    Rust monster.
    Blacksmith.
    Earth archon( cause I am always at full health since I tank with temp hp)
    Air archon.
    Blink dog.
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kolbathin wrote: »
    I run 70%ish crit and P.vorpal.

Dps tank build.

I run templars, relentless and binding oath.

Dump stated con and maxed cha/wis, and use a legendary blink dog with 3 greater bonding stones. When I get CA which I do alot, my damage goes up with around 42%.

My actives slots are:
    Rust monster.
    Blacksmith.
    Earth archon( cause I am always at full health since I tank with temp hp)
    Air archon.
    Blink dog.

Can you share how you reach 70% crit? I've respecced a couple of times, but the highest i can get (with limited gear, of course) is 40%.
  • kolbathinkolbathin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tonyswu wrote: »
    Can you share how you reach 70% crit? I've respecced a couple of times, but the highest i can get (with limited gear, of course) is 40%.

Basically I run around 55% crit and with companions gifts buffs up from my pet I reach around 70%ish crit.

Or you could use a Priestess of Sehanine for her flat +20% crit modifier buff at pet lvl 40.

Many ways to reach the same goal :)
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    3 buff encounters, seriously? What will you do the damage with then? At-wills? lol

I believe with Lostmauth set + at-wills. Pally has some crazy crit + power + damage + arpen stereoids. The reason his damage is low is because his base encounter/at-will damage is very low, but that doesnt matter for lol set. Combine it with 3 damage buff encounters and tada your lol procs hit like a truck. For trash mobs I'd swap VoE with Burning light, though, great control in t2 (its not normal daze which duration is reduced by 90% in t2, its more like dazing debuff that is refreshing itself, similar to smoke bomb) and an aoe crit dot.
    edited May 2015
    wentris wrote: »
    I believe with Lostmauth set + at-wills. Pally has some crazy crit + power + damage + arpen stereoids. The reason his damage is low is because his base encounter/at-will damage is very low, but that doesnt matter for lol set. Combine it with 3 damage buff encounters and tada your lol procs hit like a truck. For trash mobs I'd swap VoE with Burning light, though, great control in t2 (its not normal daze which duration is reduced by 90% in t2, its more like dazing debuff that is refreshing itself, similar to smoke bomb) and an aoe crit dot.

Well, VoE looks bugged for me, with rank 3 I'm getting like 10-20% damage increase instead of 40%. Check this out:

Without VoE:

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Oath Strike deals 3913 (3726) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Lostmauth's Vengeance deals 2662 (2535) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Aura of Courage deals 1801 (1715) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Purifying Fire deals 237 (226) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Elven Ferocity deals 21000 (20000) Arcane Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Oath Strike deals 1986 (1892) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Aura of Courage deals 1801 (1715) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Purifying Fire deals 421 (401) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Oath Strike deals 1881 (1791) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Purifying Fire deals 901 (858) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Oath Strike deals 4067 (3874) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Lostmauth's Vengeance deals 2428 (2312) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Purifying Fire deals 1599 (1523) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Oath Strike deals 1994 (1899) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Purifying Fire deals 3785 (3604) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

With WoE:

[Combat (Self)] Your Aura of Courage deals 1972 (1715) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Oath Strike deals 1982 (1723) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Aura of Courage deals 1972 (1715) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Purifying Fire deals 247 (214) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Oath Strike deals 4675 (4066) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Lostmauth's Vengeance deals 2738 (2381) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Purifying Fire deals 463 (403) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Oath Strike deals 4765 (4144) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Lostmauth's Vengeance deals 2714 (2360) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Purifying Fire deals 1156 (1005) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Oath Strike deals 2009 (1747) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Purifying Fire deals 2065 (1796) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Oath Strike deals 4658 (4051) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Lostmauth's Vengeance deals 2801 (2436) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Purifying Fire deals 3801 (3305) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

So I would not slot it at all. Sacred Weapon is much better as a buff encounter instead as it gives a flat 4k damage with at-wills, smite, RA. And since it an crit and gets affected by damage modifiers I often see it reach 20k.

Moreover, Bane is only good with a team otherwise it's much better slotting Smite for single target dps. One reason is because Bane doesn't have uptime with all 3 stacks, you'll have mostly 2 up at rank 4 which is a measly 20% damage increase. And another point is that it doesn't reset encounters when you have echo up, neither does it give you divine call charges with Justice capstone. The more divine call charges, the longer can you keep Judge buff up, the faster your encounters will cool-off, the more divine call charges you'll get... See the pattern?

Now with VoE which can be applied once a minute and has no cooldown, Bane that doesn't work with Justice tree feats, and Circle of Power which has a huge cooldown this 3 buff encounter combo doesn't look like a good idea at all.
    edited May 2015
    Well, VoE looks bugged for me, with rank 3 I'm getting like 10-20% damage increase instead of 40%. Check this out:

Without VoE:

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Oath Strike deals 3913 (3726) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Lostmauth's Vengeance deals 2662 (2535) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Purifying Fire deals 237 (226) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Elven Ferocity deals 21000 (20000) Arcane Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Oath Strike deals 1986 (1892) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Purifying Fire deals 421 (401) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Oath Strike deals 1881 (1791) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Purifying Fire deals 901 (858) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Oath Strike deals 4067 (3874) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Lostmauth's Vengeance deals 2428 (2312) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Purifying Fire deals 1599 (1523) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Oath Strike deals 1994 (1899) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Purifying Fire deals 3785 (3604) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

With WoE:

[Combat (Self)] Your Oath Strike deals 1982 (1723) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Purifying Fire deals 247 (214) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Oath Strike deals 4675 (4066) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Lostmauth's Vengeance deals 2738 (2381) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Purifying Fire deals 463 (403) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Oath Strike deals 4765 (4144) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Lostmauth's Vengeance deals 2714 (2360) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Purifying Fire deals 1156 (1005) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Oath Strike deals 2009 (1747) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Purifying Fire deals 2065 (1796) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Oath Strike deals 4658 (4051) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Lostmauth's Vengeance deals 2801 (2436) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Purifying Fire deals 3801 (3305) Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

So I would not slot it at all. Sacred Weapon is much better as a buff encounter instead as it gives a flat 4k damage with at-wills, smite, RA. And since it an crit and gets affected by damage modifiers I often see it reach 20k.

Moreover, Bane is only good with a team otherwise it's much better slotting Smite for single target dps. One reason is because Bane doesn't have uptime with all 3 stacks, you'll have mostly 2 up at rank 4 which is a measly 20% damage increase. And another point is that it doesn't reset encounters when you have echo up, neither does it give you divine call charges with Justice capstone. The more divine call charges, the longer can you keep Judge buff up, the faster your encounters will cool-off, the more divine call charges you'll get... See the pattern?

Now with VoE which can be applied once a minute and has no cooldown, Bane that doesn't work with Justice tree feats, and Circle of Power which has a huge cooldown this 3 buff encounter combo doesn't look like a good idea at all.

I hope they fix vow of enmity soon as I'm already dishing out lots of damage with at-wills alone, the fix will ease all my dungeon runs even more. I will still keep it slotted though :D
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开

• quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Without VoE:

With WoE:

You do realize that you start Bane with 3 charges right? then you just keep refreshing them.