test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Xbox One: Double XP Weekend and More to Follow!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Greetings adventurers,

‪NWXbox‬ is having a Double XP Weekend to continue the celebration of its success!

Start: May 15 at 10AM PDT
End: May 18 at 10AM PDT

As Lord Neverember decrees, the celebration won't stop there. We'll be bringing in a Midweek Double Refinement Point event and Tymora's Gift, as well! More information at the link below:

http://bit.ly/1ID12dv

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Greetings adventurers,

‪NWXbox‬ is having a Double XP Weekend to continue the celebration of its success!

Start: May 15 at 10AM PDT
    End: May 18 at 10AM PDT

As Lord Neverember decrees, the celebration won't stop there. We'll be bringing in a Midweek Double Refinement Point event and Tymora's Gift, as well! More information at the link below:

http://bit.ly/1ID12dv
    MIND BLOWN! This is an excellent olive branch to all those poor souls that became trapped in Lostmauth's lair. Awesome to the Nth. Love you guys! Keep up the great work!
  • zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thank you for catering to my addiction!

Alt and #5 Level 60 here I come!
  • attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    may want to remove this from the announcement:

XP rewards from completed Foundry missions.
  • trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Ugh, now I feel obligated to power level again lol. That is straight up torture to me.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Massively disappointed.
    Huge slap in the face for all people awaiting the AU version to start playing seriously. On top of that, no incentive to purchase extra character slots to even pass the time leveling and deleting alt characters. And still no word on when the AU version will be classified, meanwhile for whatever reason, the PC version got a classification in AU on the 27th when it already has been rated here since its release years ago.

This has only caused most people I know to be driven away from the game, myself included. I refuse to reach Lv30 with any character until the AU version is available.

Also we have no indication whether we will lose anything once the AU version does release, will all our effort be for nothing?
    Will we have to start from scratch?

I honestly expected much better.
  • dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What about the Companion experience tomes? Will they grant 2000 XP instead of 1000 for the active Companion?
    Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+
  • convictcsconvictcs Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So let me get this straight. Instead of giving us this while Lostmauth is actually down so that players that have reached the end-game content actually have something to do while the end-game content is unavailable; you then decide to give us this AFTER Lostmauth is brought back up so that we then have to decide between actually playing the end-game content we worked hard to achieve, or to level new characters? To say the least..I am not impressed.
  • danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    convictcs wrote: »
    So let me get this straight. Instead of giving us this while Lostmauth is actually down so that players that have reached the end-game content actually have something to do while the end-game content is unavailable; you then decide to give us this AFTER Lostmauth is brought back up so that we then have to decide between actually playing the end-game content we worked hard to achieve, or to level new characters? To say the least..I am not impressed.

Hello, if you read there blog post! There is other stuff comeing midweek I hope you understand that game like this take a lot of time and effort for there dev's and then feedback for the game takes time So you'll just have to wait and see for more updates and patches for the near future thanks.
  • pufpuffpasspufpuffpass Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2015
    Hahahahahaha. Double XP. More like double the kicking if your trying to queue. This is sad.

Devs "Ok guys, this game is pretty rocky on console version. What can we do to fix it? Draw the players back? Make them spend more money."

That one Dev. "well, we could fix it guys....just saying some people on the forums have some good ideas..."

Devs "uhhhh, your fired. Lets blind them with events so they won't notice the problems. Yes that's it. Double the XP, double the refinement. Double the not fixing the problems."

Seriously, everyone that's happy with these events, yeh they are swell. But the constant disconects, the chat, the v2k...these problems are not new. Why not skip events one week n give the players what the really want. Fixes.
  • crazymadlaxcrazymadlax Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Make them spend more money

No one is forced to spend money on this game.
    Yes it is a free to pay game that means they know basic psychology to manipulate "event/sales.." money is nr1 after all for any free to pay game.

Also I have never played any free to pay game, that didn't feel like a beta for at least the first year after launch. We can only hoop they fix things but most of the time its not priority. (players getting stuck, most likely is. If the problem is widespread)

Anyway I like the double xp for my second character. :)
  • majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tgwolf wrote: »
    Massively disappointed.
    Huge slap in the face for all people awaiting the AU version to start playing seriously. On top of that, no incentive to purchase extra character slots to even pass the time leveling and deleting alt characters. And still no word on when the AU version will be classified, meanwhile for whatever reason, the PC version got a classification in AU on the 27th when it already has been rated here since its release years ago.

This has only caused most people I know to be driven away from the game, myself included. I refuse to reach Lv30 with any character until the AU version is available.

Also we have no indication whether we will lose anything once the AU version does release, will all our effort be for nothing?
    Will we have to start from scratch?

I honestly expected much better.

I clearly remember my first goal in neverwinter, collect enough ad to convert to Zen to buy character slots. Then bam 90% off when I was just 100 Zen shy of full price. It was awesome. I still have that Zen and have been saving to retrain, and champion of the north. Now what makes you so sure that with such a large change to character progression stats and options, they wouldn't quite possibly, just maybe, have an awesome sale on retrain tokens....like 90%? They already gave us one dollar character packs. I have faith that these guys know what they are doing and when all the bugs are worked out I see a smooth running, content rich atmosphere that keeps people playing. Yes old game on PC, new on the one. Aka just a lil baby. Gotta let her grow into potential. Except the whole still selling broken things thing, again, will likely be fixed and compensated for, this game is great fun
  • dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can't wait for the double refinement days, I have a ton of refinement material saved up already. :-)
    Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+
  • danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I like these double XP weekends now and then they really, do help when you are low levels :)
  • cptoscarcptoscar Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    convictcs wrote: »

Just because you have reached the end game content, doesn't mean that the other 1.6 million have. This is a game for everyone, not made specially for you.
  • daztripdaztrip Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nice to have a double exp weekend. But it would be much nicer if the screen freeze/ frame-rate drops were sorted instead. If anything it's become worse since release. Getting fed-up now.
  • mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    daztrip wrote: »
    Nice to have a double exp weekend. But it would be much nicer if the screen freeze/ frame-rate drops were sorted instead. If anything it's become worse since release. Getting fed-up now.

Been out little over a month. Give it some **** time. Go take a look at some other games of the sort. Defiance for example even with it being last gen ran like complete trash 90% of the time even after a year
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the awesome update! Looking forward to getting my hands on that coin and/or the fancy horse next weekend. (It's so fancy)
    I really appreciate getting the schedule.

Devs "uhhhh, your fired. Lets blind them with events so they won't notice the problems. Yes that's it. Double the XP, double the refinement. Double the not fixing the problems."

They aren't mutually exclusive, as it's highly unlikely that the people doing the events (content) are the same as the people doing the bug-fixes (engine and tool-set). It's a pretty good chance that the people managing the game via the toolset doesn't have the skill to pop the hood and tinker underneath.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • bossmchoggbossmchogg Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Character slot sale. Make it happen again. More characters = more likely to spend money outfitting them. Besides we need more lower level characters so we have something to do once we hit the T2 dungeon kick problem at 60.
  • crazymadlaxcrazymadlax Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bossmchogg wrote: »
    Character slot sale. Make it happen again. More characters = more likely to spend money outfitting them. Besides we need more lower level characters so we have something to do once we hit the T2 dungeon kick problem at 60.

Hear, hear
    More characters == more chance to milk money