test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

is this item legit

kickinchicken80kickinchicken80 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
First this is not a trade thread,

but i had some one in game offer me a epic lantern of revelation for an item i have and am trying to find out if it is even legit?

he says he got it from a developer of the game

he has shown me in trade window but seems risky to me

thoughts
Neverwinters Fan site trading forum http://neverwintertradeforum.com/index.php
Post edited by kickinchicken80 on

Comments

• blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    First this is not a trade thread,

but i had some one in game offer me a epic lantern of revelation for an item i have and am trying to find out if it is even legit?

he says he got it from a developer of the game

he has shown me in trade window but seems risky to me

thoughts
    what item?it is a real item its a artifact. its very nice gives power and arm pen.but he didnt get it from a dev he got it from a lockbox.
  • kickinchicken80kickinchicken80 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    this is a purple(epic) version not a blue version from lockbox
    edited May 2015

wow. is it unbound? did you check? cause i dont believe its possible to even trade that.
    edited May 2015
    wow. is it unbound? did you check? cause i dont believe its possible to even trade that.

Yes it was unbound. Still said bind in equip
    edited May 2015
    thats trippy. ive never heard of such a thing. idk if you should trust it or not.i wouldnt do it.
  • tkhbecker74tkhbecker74 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You can upgrade any item to EPIC or LEGENDARY before you equip it. More than likely he received it from a lockbox or drop had it in his inventory and just upgraded it along the way. I have done this with all my artifacts prior to equiping or selling.

Dont be fooled by "Hey I got this from a dev member"
  • grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You can upgrade any item to EPIC or LEGENDARY before you equip it. More than likely he received it from a lockbox or drop had it in his inventory and just upgraded it along the way. I have done this with all my artifacts prior to equiping or selling.

Dont be fooled by "Hey I got this from a dev member"

This is NOT the case, at least not on PC version!

As soon as you start investing the first point of RP into that artifact, it gets bound to charakter.
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
    edited May 2015
    pretty certain is same on xbox, if you upgrade it it becomes bound
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The moment someone says they got something from a dev, and cant tell you what contest or give-away was involved. Consider it a complete scam.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Don't trust it, there aren't any legit unbound epic lanterns that I know of, at least not in the PC version. And devs don't "give" free stuff to people, that isn't how it works.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker