test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DDoS Attack on PVP Domination

clonkyo1clonkyo1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,553 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi all, i always suspected something like this is "active" in PVP Domination due "misterious disconnections" most of times on winning teams but now, i can confirm it exists in PWE due i were DDoSed, DCed from game, and my whole internet were down until i reseted it.

Can you check this out?? is a VERY dangerous exploit and admins/devs should check this ASAP.
Random Quotes:
- "perfect vorpal on TR with 100% crit chance is flat 50% dmg increase"
- "30% defense reduction does not necessarily mean 30% damage increase"
- "Oh!! 'Professions!!' :facepalm: , Good luck!"
- "For anyone who wants to change their enchants but wants unbound ones, trading with players/using the auction house is the way to go"
- About Barb's Avalanche of Steel: "Basically a perfect daily attack. That's the problem; it is immaculately PERFECT."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rhinefordrhineford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Hi all, i always suspected something like this is "active" in PVP Domination due "misterious disconnections" most of times on winning teams but now, i can confirm it exists in PWE due i were DDoSed, DCed from game, and my whole internet were down until i reseted it.

Can you check this out?? is a VERY dangerous exploit and admins/devs should check this ASAP.

This should be checked and be given a concern by the dev, since this game has no GAME GUARD at all. I've been experiencing the same sometime when i had premades with. I was suspecting that it was a DOS attack when i go to a node where my enemy is at when it gave me a terrible LAG, and when i left from him, the lag was gone.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    All I know if open browser with neverwinter's site at least once, my next pvp domination match will be rubberbanding like hell. Relog used to help though, till they added that autokick thing.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i were DDoSed
    can you translate please?
    you mean a DOS based attack on your PC/router while you were in Domination, that made your i-net break down for some time?
    How long did it take to relog into game?
    Does it happen time to time or is it always against same ppl or guild?
    I experienced something strange myself, could not restart my router after breakdown, 5 min before this happend, i had a disput with a player from a PVP guild who was pug-stomping like crazy and behaved like a a..hole, TR class , someone say he is "known to-be a hacker with a bad reputation"
    maybe it was nothing else than a meaningless coincidence, but in years I never experienced something compareable
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You do realize this thread is almost a year old?..
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Closing this down as the OP before today's posts is almost a year old. Please check last post dates before posting in a thread. If more than 30 days have elapsed, the thread is to be considered "dead" and should be allowed to rest in peace.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.