test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PoV HR perma-lock

ryfghbvryfghbv Member Posts: 51 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvP Discussion
As you usually see in my threads, im a HR Trapper, i used to be a Combat (melee) hunter back in mod 4-5 but Fluffle Puff is rudest than that, anyway i make a video showing a relatively easy match. Crushing Roots (rank 3), first i like to let you know how this feat works:
It Daze your target when Grasping Roots(Mechanic) are applied. Weak Grasping Roots, root players for 1.5 seconds and Dazes for 0.2 seconds (about the time of a long blink), Strong Grasping Roots, root players for 3 seconds and Dazes for 0.4 seconds.
I have slotted:
Hindering Shot which gives 3 charges of Weak Grasping Roots plus a melee of Strong Grasping Roots.
Constricing Arrow, which applies Strong Grasping Roots.
Cordon Of Arrows: Only deals damage, Melee instance: Root foes around you (out of rooting mechanic)
"if you damage the foes while this "OoRM" power is running, it will be cancelled."
Disruptive Shot (daily): stun players for 2 seconds.

Now the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMfGbfagj5c
Post edited by ryfghbv on

Comments

• Options
    erpuma91erpuma91 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This video show me just, that ur doing pvp whit blu items, whit wrong skills, whit pve potion... nothing more to say.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    erpuma91 wrote: »
    This video show me just, that ur doing pvp whit blu items, whit wrong skills, whit pve potion... nothing more to say.

Blue items yes, since there are not lvl 65 purple or something, i don't know what other skills i can use then ;), i don't use potions on pvp.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    and then you got killed by a TR after 1 min... so much for perma lock

I don't know what you're trying to prove here, that HRs are squishy and has no defensive mechanism?
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    jaotut wrote: »
    I don't know what you're trying to prove here, that HRs are squishy and has no defensive mechanism?

You get a point but no, im giving a pov of what a "permalock hr" is like, even when this is the best path of feats, now try it with archer or combat HR that are not benefiting from crushing roots.
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Totally Offtopic comment: At last, a video where someone kept the original recording sound over a custom selected music. Well done.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ryfghbv wrote: »
    You get a point but no, im giving a pov of what a "permalock hr" is like, even when this is the best path of feats, now try it with archer or combat HR that are not benefiting from crushing roots.

seriously what was the point of this thread again?
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ? NEED HELP POINTERS OR WHAT

Looks like you got the playing down pat so need to increase your gear to PVP gear you might change your rotation swap to fox from cordon may help a little with surviving and closing. Since Gushing exploit was fixed couple of days ago the daze seems to be about right. Hopefully the arm pen gets fixed them maybe you will have a chance against the TR and CW throw some disruptive in and forest ghost this will help with the CW but if they get that repel 1st you done because next they cc you they have greater reach than you do. Not much you can do about the TR or GF till you get BIS PVP armor

good start and keep it up
    jhp
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    jhpnw wrote: »
    ? NEED HELP POINTERS OR WHAT

Looks like you got the playing down pat so need to increase your gear to PVP gear you might change your rotation swap to fox from cordon may help a little with surviving and closing. Since Gushing exploit was fixed couple of days ago the daze seems to be about right. Hopefully the arm pen gets fixed them maybe you will have a chance against the TR and CW throw some disruptive in and forest ghost this will help with the CW but if they get that repel 1st you done because next they cc you they have greater reach than you do. Not much you can do about the TR or GF till you get BIS PVP armor

good start and keep it up
    jhp

Im not a new player, i already try all the encounters/feats, paths and combinations for pvp, before crushing roots, i do use fox cunning instead of cordon and pathfinder action as class feature for a total of 50% chance deflection, fox cunning only dodge 1 hit, even when it says dodge you still get controlled, so i figure out that cordon deal alot more damage and give me a little bit of overall control.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Im not a new player, i already try all the encounters/feats, paths and combinations for pvp, before crushing roots, i do use fox cunning instead of cordon and pathfinder action as class feature for a total of 50% chance deflection, fox cunning only dodge 1 hit, even when it says dodge you still get controlled, so i figure out that cordon deal alot more damage and give me a little bit of overall control.

cordons good but not against others with BIS showed no damage on me several times. but in GG might be a good thing where have more going o will have to try it
    look forward to video with you and burning pvp gear

jhp
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I had more wins in pvp Melee but could not survive in PVE is why I went trapper
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    jhpnw wrote: »
    I had more wins in pvp Melee but could not survive in PVE is why I went trapper

I do better with melee too, back in mod 4-5 i was on the 3rd page of kills, or the 6th hunter with most kills on the server.
    Note that this pvp domination is lvl 60-69, i already have my lvl 70 purple glory set for pvp (not the burning one since it only gives you about 10% more stats.) and i don't have enough glory for the lvl 65 one thats why im fighting with lvl 68 normal blues.