test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aura of Solitude and companions

burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Citadel
does it ignore companion as "an ally" or is it completely useless ?

there was also a similar feat in Justice
Paladin Master Race
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Technically your companion is an ally. Most powers and feats and whatnot that affect "allies" usually apply to your companion also and anyone else that is not a mob (in PvE) or not on the hostile team (PvP; Iceland Dale for example). An incredibly few are specifically for team members, but not very many. Sorry I don't know which ones. I do know they mentioned one of the new artifacts for example - an Elemental that tosses out spheres does not work on companions, or other friendless, but must be in your party. It's actually rare that it must be a party, though.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd like to know this also. Because if it counts companions the feat is as you say, practically useless (except for PVP 1v1's with noone else around lol), as would be aura be also.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've got the Justice feat Stem the Tide and can confirm this does count the companion as an ally.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Companions are only counted when not in a party. When in a party the party members take priority, unless your (feat, encounter power, whatever) affects more than five others. Human allies always get priority over NPC companions. This is a "fix" several patches ago. Too long ago to dig-up the old patch notes to show you.

I am not saying this is definitive, but it was pretty clear at the time and this is how I remember it.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    id like to know who came up with this bright idea - class feature that does nothing whatsoever, in party ppl shouldnt be further and solo you have a companion that spins around your head

its even more useless than this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqAUmgE3WyM
    Paladin Master Race
  • handofdonkhandofdonk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I could be mistaken, but it does *seem* to be working fine with augment pets as, as far as I can tell, they are effectively you in the game engine's eyes.

Of course, if I am talking a huge load of cack, and someone can find evidence that it isn't working...

Well, what are you waiting for? Get your "down with this sort of thing" placards out.