test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ZEN - zero available on market ?

nonamedamnnonamedamn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Is it just me or there is no more zen to buy ingame on the zen market ?

And i mean since days and weeks... nothing, no zen available to buy.
Is it that bad situation that no one is selling zen anymore ? Or buying with real $$$ ?

Its a display-bug or what ?
Cant believe how zero is the available zen !
Post edited by nonamedamn on

Comments

• thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    maybe no one wants to buy zen till they see what changes to the game are made in a few weeks?

It would be pretty silly to buy a bunch of zen to sell, then get soaked because no one will buy due to a dead game.
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Zen price is capped at 500ad/zen in zax while buying zen items from store and selling them on AH makes it worth up to 600 ad/zen (minus ah charge) in normal circumstances and as high as 800ad/zen during some events that rise demand on certain store items, so far less people sell zen via zax than before (actually, only people that didnt figure what items to buy and sell on ah). I think that could be partially because of few people buying zen but also because mod 5 generated a lot of AD
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A.... there is no right for you to get free zen, ever. This is the biggest misnomer in the game. If you want something out of the zen store, buy it.
    B.... There is zero reason for must of us to EVER sell zen, if they just removed the ability to post ANYTHING to the AH, many of us would just buy what we wanted, and never sell anything. The return of AD for zen sold has always been way , WAY to low. Its a artificial cap, my money is worth way more then your digital currency. Just because the game company says its not, doesn't mean its not. In fact the ONLY time I even put stuff in the AH is when I get a coupon , at least 20%.. though 25 or 50% is better, otherwise, again not worth my time to post.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    LOL. I just did my part and sold some Zen to buy another few million AD literally ten minutes ago. You're welcome.

Only because I found some stuff in the AH that I actually want - which is becoming rare. And this is the problem; Zen is more valuable than AD right now (and has been for a long time) so more people want to buy Zen with AD than the other way around.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,374 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nonamedamn wrote: »
    Is it just me or there is no more zen to buy ingame on the zen market ?

And i mean since days and weeks... nothing, no zen available to buy.
    Is it that bad situation that no one is selling zen anymore ? Or buying with real $$$ ?

Its a display-bug or what ?
    Cant believe how zero is the available zen !

It is just you because in over a year, 90% of the time, this is the situation. More people wants to exchange AD to Zen than to exchange Zen to AD.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No Zen available in the ZAX just means when people put Zen for sale on the exchange, it immediately gets exchanged for the backlog of orders. It doesn't mean that no one is posting Zen, it just gets moved out immediately.

The rule of thumb is wait one day for your Zen for every million in orders at 500 AD/Zen. So a day or so right now.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My last Zen purchase on the ZAX took just over 24 hours. It still works.
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have used the exchange for 2500zen in two chunks in the last few weeks. it still works you just have to be patient. first one took 10 days the second half took 4 days.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ...As a rough rule of thumb, it's typically ca. 1 day wait per 1 million ZEN backlog.

Obvious demand boosters like the 2x RP WE or discounts like the recent "15% extra ZEN" flush it fast, be that due to withdrawal of buy orders, due to people spending hoarded ZEN, or due to people buying ZEN I know not. Probably a good chunk of each. After that it most often starts to slowly climb again.
  • bumfluffbobbumfluffbob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    A.... there is no right for you to get free zen, ever. This is the biggest misnomer in the game. If you want something out of the zen store, buy it.

Depends what you mean by free. The game as been advertised as fully free to play meaning that anything in the game can be obtained without paying real cash, and this has been reiterated many times by cryptic/pwe. As some items can only be obtained from the zen market, there has to be a mechanism to allow ftp players to obtain zen. ie, to get free zen.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I had 400 Zen on the market about 2 weeks ago and the listing expired

I think I had set the price at about 400-450

I don't think I will bother for awhile
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    urlord283 wrote: »
    I had 400 Zen on the market about 2 weeks ago and the listing expired

I think I had set the price at about 400-450

LOL. If no zen in direct sell, price is 500 ad for 1 zen. Nobody will sell you something at 400-450 when he can sell 500, in theory...

If you want to buy zen :

Make an offer at 500ad /1 zen, and be patient ( between 1 day and 1 week ). No other choice.

When there are zens in direct sell (during events like Sublix2, Solstices..), price can be down to 480-499 ad/1 zen.

Since mod 3, the price never fell below 470, i think.

We should wait, but it works, it stay a pay2fast but free2play game.

If you want to sell zens :

Sell at 500/1, is instantly sold if no zen in direct sell ( millions zens on demand ).
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    LOL. I just did my part and sold some Zen to buy another few million AD literally ten minutes ago. You're welcome.

Only because I found some stuff in the AH that I actually want - which is becoming rare. And this is the problem; Zen is more valuable than AD right now (and has been for a long time) so more people want to buy Zen with AD than the other way around.

AngrySprite and I have been on the same page regarding this for a long, long time now.

There's always Zen and AD being transferred back and forth. Problem is AD is not very valuable to players and in much higher quantity so the exchange tends to remain empty due to the 500 AD : Zen cap. It ends up being an order queue rather than a bid...which is good for free to play players as it puts a minimum value on their time (AD = Time = Money) although it would be beyond ideal for Cryptic to try to balance the shop to not be so one sided.
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Maybe some dungeon drops that arent BoP/BoA (and are actually useful) would help to solve this situation? People would like to gear their characters by spending AD (and Zen = AD) and players would like to earn AD by running dungeons. I think times ~mod 2 were most healthy for economy - u had dungeon end chest that had BoE purple item you could sell. Some were worthless. Some were mediocre. Some were BiS they could all be sold. Yes, that rised a problem of very well geared toons that dont actually know how to use their skills but... I prefered that over having everything BoP and green items toons that still dont know how to use their skills. Plus running T2s now is close to pointless after u get your daily cache... And after you, eventually, get protector set it will be absolutely pointless. People prefer to whine that they are too hard without even trying to complete them, because EVEN if they did they would be rewarded with Peridot.
    edited May 2015
    Depends what you mean by free. The game as been advertised as fully free to play meaning that anything in the game can be obtained without paying real cash, and this has been reiterated many times by cryptic/pwe. As some items can only be obtained from the zen market, there has to be a mechanism to allow ftp players to obtain zen. ie, to get free zen.

and it is..

ALL content is free to access, the zen mark only gives advantages in certain areas, there is no need for you to buy it, so its neither misleading or erroneous.

They are VERY generous in allowing the zen exchange at all imo.

and.. trust me, I am no fan boy. They have heard my share of critiques and criticisms throughout the years.
    edited May 2015
    AngrySprite and I have been on the same page regarding this for a long, long time now.

There's always Zen and AD being transferred back and forth. Problem is AD is not very valuable to players and in much higher quantity so the exchange tends to remain empty due to the 500 AD : Zen cap. It ends up being an order queue rather than a bid...which is good for free to play players as it puts a minimum value on their time (AD = Time = Money) although it would be beyond ideal for Cryptic to try to balance the shop to not be so one sided.

and.. so have I. It has no place.. if they floated, it would be a huge sell off at first.. probably spiking at 3-4k ad.. but it would settle down in the 1-2 range most of the time.

This is a much better value add for people who want to buy thier way into the game and not spend 3000.00 which is ridiculous amount.. IT would also be much more competitive against black market prices if you could get a vast amount of AD for a better value then what is currently listed.

The people hoarding AD can convert it to zen and some of us who could use more AD can garner it.

I think it could benefit lots of people. But at the paltry 500 per.. Im never going to list AD, I never have and I never will.. the most benefit you will see from me is a few purchased items (did a stone once, a few lesser bonding, a few dyes and the like.. WHEN i get a coupon, as even that conversion rate doesnt thrill me)

If we knew in advance like 3 months, I would stock up on zen to sell.. win/win for everyone..
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If it's one day or so .. that's actually pretty healthy.

However, most the things I want to do with Zen .. involves buying things with Zen. I haven't exchanged for AD in a long time.
    edited May 2015
    I always exchange and keep extra Zen in bank so that I won't lose the opportunity when Zen store is on sale.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited May 2015
    [...]the 500 AD : Zen cap. It ends up being an order queue rather than a bid...which is good for free to play players as it puts a minimum value on their time (AD = Time = Money) although it would be beyond ideal for Cryptic to try to balance the shop to not be so one sided.

It's first of all a safety measure against market manipulation. Also adds to the convenience of the cash-4-ZEN buyers - always ready to be served.

And you might or might not notice it, but Cryptic has ways to manipulate the amount of AD and ZEN in the market (rare LS tasks e.g.), and IMHO they do use these. After more than a year of douing LS to get my AD I think I can maintain that now: When there's no or low backlog, e.g. Protect Diamond Shipment pops up more often than when there's an eight digit backlog... ...and when ZEN prices fall below the 500 mark (or the ZEN purchase income is too low), they put out some cool deal...
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    I am absolutely certain you are being a bit too cynical. ;)

Your first bit has nothing to do with convenience for cash payers. Cash payers could and would get more than 500 ad per Zen. If they really wanted to cater to cash payers they would remove the limit. That limit is there to protect the value of AD for non-cash paying players. No ifs, ands or buts.

And the second bit is just looking for patterns where there is none.
  • forcemajureforcemajure Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The tradeoff in the trade cap is just like most minimum wage rules. It has ambiguous benefit as it ensures you get "more" for your time IF you can get a trade, but it makes finding a trade less likely. The only thing that would relieve this situation is if you increase the overall health of the economy so there is more real value in labor. But, labor looks a lot like bots....

Basically, what will kill the economy in this game eventually is that Cryptic keeps strangling the returns on time/labor as a way to reduce the returns for bots. You don't need a conspiracy theory to explain a queue.
    edited May 2015
    Oh, you read me wrong there: My comment was in no way meant negatively.Cynical? Well, some habits are hard to kill :^)

I think that Cryptic here does what every nation's Federal/Republic's/National/Royal Reserve/Bank/Mint does: The increase or decrease of the currency circulation volume to stabilize the economy. No foul wide and far.

And re "*** hoc ergo propter hoc": a) it's always there when there's 2x RP WE, and b) normally I get 2-3 PDS per 20char rota, rarely 4, even rarer only 1, and the 5th is sonething like a once in a quarter event - outside those event weekends. On the recent 2xRP I got 5-8 PDS tasks five times in a row, the ones before were accompanied by less marked frequency raises. Peaks of that size are really difficult to explain away.

<Simple solution to the removed paragraph: don't use latin. Many profane words have uses which are not profane. If the normal use is profanity it needs to be filtered.>
  • bernatkbernatk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The tradeoff in the trade cap is just like most minimum wage rules. It has ambiguous benefit as it ensures you get "more" for your time IF you can get a trade, but it makes finding a trade less likely. The only thing that would relieve this situation is if you increase the overall health of the economy so there is more real value in labor. But, labor looks a lot like bots....

Basically, what will kill the economy in this game eventually is that Cryptic keeps strangling the returns on time/labor as a way to reduce the returns for bots. You don't need a conspiracy theory to explain a queue.

Well, one thing. Blizzard managed to push out the bot out of the market with their recent ban wave. Cryptic could do the same, too. The very same company makes that nasty bot for NW. So, should Cryptic consult with Blizzard? I think absolutely.
    JMYwySk.jpg
    edited May 2015
    Why would Blizzard help a competitor?
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Member Posts: 2,617 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Because hackers are bad for the entire industry, and Blizzard being pretty much the leader, they have the most to lose from it. The more work you force those sites to have to do, the better it is for absolutely everyone involved.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ppl are getting smarter