test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Bug] Cleansing Touch (Oathbound Paladin- Protection)

coramac9799coramac9799 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
There appear to be two bugs with Cleansing Touch that I have encountered on my Oathbound Paladin who is Protection path.

1.) Incorrect healing of allies. I don't have actual "proof" of this one as I do not know what the incoming healing bonuses of my party members are; however, it looks like this ability heals allies for somewhere around double what it is supposed to.

2.) Incorrect temporary hit point value. I have tested this one and believe I know what the error is. I tested with high levels of bonus incoming heals and extremely low levels of bonus incoming heals. There was no difference between the two. The temporary hit point value seems to be derived from the outgoing heal value only rather than the actual value healed.
Post edited by coramac9799 on

Comments

• schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There appear to be two bugs with Cleansing Touch that I have encountered on my Oathbound Paladin who is Protection path.

1.) Incorrect healing of allies. I don't have actual "proof" of this one as I do not know what the incoming healing bonuses of my party members are; however, it looks like this ability heals allies for somewhere around double what it is supposed to.

2.) Incorrect temporary hit point value. I have tested this one and believe I know what the error is. I tested with high levels of bonus incoming heals and extremely low levels of bonus incoming heals. There was no difference between the two. The temporary hit point value seems to be derived from the outgoing heal value only rather than the actual value healed.

I can tell y there is zero bug with cleansing touch.
    You have forget the healing bonus from power and crit heals.
    So lets say you heal 1000 hp and you have + 20% bonus from power =1200 heal now lets say you do crit 75% + vorpal +50% this is total 2700 heal * 300% 8100 temp. Bonus
    But those numers are much greater if i remeber rigth my heal is around 9000 my. Power bonus is around 40% so i can heal around 20-27k =arund 70 k temp hp.

I wrote it from my i phone .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • coramac9799coramac9799 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can tell y there is zero bug with cleansing touch.
    You have forget the healing bonus from power and crit heals.
    So lets say you heal 1000 hp and you have + 20% bonus from power =1200 heal now lets say you do crit 75% + vorpal +50% this is total 2700 heal * 300% 8100 temp. Bonus
    But those numers are much greater if i remeber rigth my heal is around 9000 my. Power bonus is around 40% so i can heal around 20-27k =arund 70 k temp hp.

I wrote it from my i phone .

You did not address anything related to what I have described as the bug.

Using your example:

1000 HP * 20% Power Bonus = 1200 heal
    Crit with Vorpal = 2700 HP healed which becomes 8100 Temporary HP.

What I have tested as a bug would be this:

100 HP * 20% Power Bonus = 1200 heal
    Crit with Vorpal = 2700 HP
    20% Incoming Healing Bonus = 3240 HP BUT with a 8100 Temporary Hit Point bonus instead of 9720.

I specifically addressed this in my post:
    The temporary hit point value seems to be derived from the outgoing heal value only rather than the actual value healed.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My cleansing touch heals ~20k and ~40k crit, this number gets slightly adjusted depending on buffs present. I've never seen any abnormal numbers. Also, when I crit I get more temp hp. Dunno where do you see a problem.
    edited May 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    My cleansing touch heals ~20k and ~40k crit, this number gets slightly adjusted depending on buffs present. I've never seen any abnormal numbers. Also, when I crit I get more temp hp. Dunno where do you see a problem.

I've only noticed abnormal heals on other players and as I said I do not know what modifications they would have had to an incoming heal.

As to where I see a problem? I have stated it multiple times. Incoming healing bonuses do not appear to factor into the temporary hit points. It is trivially easy to test this. I don't know why you are talking about criticals. They are irrelevant to the issue I have brought up.
    edited May 2015
    zvieris wrote: »

I was exploring some possibilities tonight.

It does indeed heal more when used on others and is, in fact, double the amount. You can verify this easily.

Make sure you are targeting no one. Mouse over the tooltip, check the values of the heal.
    Target someone (or an NPC). Mouse over the tooltip, check the values. They are doubled. However, you don't gain temporary hit points for the extra healing when you heal someone else.