test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vote Kicking and Dungeons you need a healer for.

mesoecmesoec Member Posts: 13 Arc User
This isn't really a kicking rant its more of a, you do not need a DC healer for any dungeon in this game. You also do not need a Tank currently (mod 6 will change this). So for the love of god, stop just kicking every swining d*** that joins. Also before you go kick that warlock looking for a healer, take a second to ask if s/he is tempt spec'd. If played properly they will provide more than enough healing for anything in this game.
Post edited by mesoec on

Comments

• thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Save your breath. The people you're trying to educate won't ever change, and the ones who already know what you said don't need to be convinced. For now, just be sure to run with at least two other people until they fix the VTK system.
  • mesoecmesoec Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Its not even the VTK system that bothers me, I only run in groups of 3-5 (wish I could run some dungeons in just a group of 3 with no LFG people added but that is a diff story)

What really bugs me is Name 1 Epic dungeon that requires a certain team to be able to beat. I routinly run CN with 1 warlock and what ever else is on, if its a dc or a GF they are spec'd dps or buffs not heals/tanks. I've done it with a DC 2 hr's and 2 tr's. Its not group comp its player skill that is the big problem, the majority of players are so inept at this game and they over inflate there GS to seem special. If I see any class with two diff t2 sets (t1-t2 is fine as you could be working to t2) I will instantly vote kick that person regardless of GS or class. It is more important to know how to play and gear your class than anythin else. Some advice, finish your T1 to do T2 and than T2 for CN unless you have friends who will carry. This is not because the dungeons are hard its because it makes it smoother for everyone involved. Do not be selfish and force people to carry you through something when you are at an 8300 GS in blues and greens through a T2 when 10k or higher is easily gained.

T1 - rank 6 enchants , 1 Artifact = 10kish GS
    T2 - Rank 7 Enchants , 1 Artifact = 12kish GS
    13k GS atleast 2 Artifacts, armor augments, rank 7 and 8 enchants.
  • xjayscxjaysc Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mesoec wrote: »
    If I see any class with two diff t2 sets (t1-t2 is fine as you could be working to t2) I will instantly vote kick that person regardless of GS or class.
    It is known in some cases that some 4 set bonuses are not as good as two 2 set bonuses. (I.E. one hunter set gives something for at wills. I;m a trapper so I don't use at wills very often. So I use the 2 set for crit and the other 2 set for armor pen.)
    So ummm....
    Also, my gear score might not be high but my ioun stone is also in all epics and rank 7 enchants which doesn't show in GS....
    So please kick me if I show up in your group. Didn't want to play with you anyway :P
  • monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Its not even the VTK system that bothers me, I only run in groups of 3-5 (wish I could run some dungeons in just a group of 3 with no LFG people added but that is a diff story)

What really bugs me is Name 1 Epic dungeon that requires a certain team to be able to beat. I routinly run CN with 1 warlock and what ever else is on, if its a dc or a GF they are spec'd dps or buffs not heals/tanks. I've done it with a DC 2 hr's and 2 tr's. Its not group comp its player skill that is the big problem, the majority of players are so inept at this game and they over inflate there GS to seem special. If I see any class with two diff t2 sets (t1-t2 is fine as you could be working to t2) I will instantly vote kick that person regardless of GS or class. It is more important to know how to play and gear your class than anythin else. Some advice, finish your T1 to do T2 and than T2 for CN unless you have friends who will carry. This is not because the dungeons are hard its because it makes it smoother for everyone involved. Do not be selfish and force people to carry you through something when you are at an 8300 GS in blues and greens through a T2 when 10k or higher is easily gained.

T1 - rank 6 enchants , 1 Artifact = 10kish GS
    T2 - Rank 7 Enchants , 1 Artifact = 12kish GS
    13k GS atleast 2 Artifacts, armor augments, rank 7 and 8 enchants.

Sounds like you dont know jack squat. Full t1 or t2 sets are not always the best

Another reason to remove vote kicking...because of this guy
  • getphazedgetphazed Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This isn't really a kicking rant its more of a, you do not need a DC healer for any dungeon in this game. You also do not need a Tank currently (mod 6 will change this). So for the love of god, stop just kicking every swining d*** that joins. Also before you go kick that warlock looking for a healer, take a second to ask if s/he is tempt spec'd. If played properly they will provide more than enough healing for anything in this game.

May not be an absolute necessity to have a healer or a tank but it makes things run a lot smoother and faster, would rather have them in team than run without.
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No T2, other then perhaps Castle Never, requires a tank or a healer.
    Last night we were rolling with a GWF, 2x HR, CW and a TR (one was minimum GS and two others had under 9.5k GS) - and there were no issues at all.
    I thought of the forum as we plowed through the Spider dungeon and grabbed a quick clip for proof.

[video]https://t.co/yHglS3jsyM[/video]
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • obliviouslusterobliviousluster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Any player can gear their Guardian Fighter towards dps and still be able to maintain hate so long as they build it correctly. Devoted Clerics tend to make things easier and offer Astral Shield which is a nice buff. In truth though? The two classes pretty much exist to make things much easier on the rest of the party, which isn't awful by any means. Its nice to know that if you do happen to get unlucky (I.E. Getting stunned by Mob A, then taking a powerful hit by Boss, only then to be stunned by Mob B...) then there's someone there who is capable of healing you when you cant use a potion. Scourge Warlock is a a great healer as well which sadly forces many to take the Tempest (is that the right path?) side and build it a certain way because players will expect you to deliver what they want. Anyway, I digress... You don't need to have a Devoted Cleric or Guardian Fighter to "tank" or "heal", the classes are just there because this is a generic MMORPG based on Dungeons and Dragons. Honestly though? If there was Guardian Fighter or Devoted Cleric, you can bet that rear-end of yours that every player would be going "Wtf? A game with no healer/tank class? This is stupid.." simply because they are normally standard requirements for running the lower tier dungeons to get players up in the game. Try running Lair of the Mad Dragon with a group of players with no epic gear/no "healer" class. Those two classes, Guardian Fighter and Devoted Cleric, are there because not everyone is familiar with running epic dungeons, and are often prone to making mistakes.

So in short? They're nice to have in a dungeon to make things go smoother (and save your moneybags from being totally depleted on potions and injury kits), but they aren't a requirement for running the dungeons at all, even the heavier dungeons like CN and LoL. Appreciate that they're there, and know in your heart that if there wasn't a standard "healer" or "tanking" class, then everyone would be all up-in-arms about not being able to complete the epic dungeons.
    Walk on wandering souls
    For your respite we pray
    Let our humble song clear your hearts of dismay,
    Rekindle the flame in your souls and set you free
    So walk on and become the light that guides the way~
  • cybergutscyberguts Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    getphazed wrote: »
    May not be an absolute necessity to have a healer or a tank but it makes things run a lot smoother and faster, would rather have them in team than run without.

But yet people kick before they see what build the incomers have like the OP said.... Tunnel vision comes to mind....
    Having that mentality is what's causing issues with the game
    Erdan Darksbane - Lvl 60 Soulbinder Fury SW
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
  • getphazedgetphazed Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Any player can gear their Guardian Fighter towards dps and still be able to maintain hate so long as they build it correctly. Devoted Clerics tend to make things easier and offer Astral Shield which is a nice buff. In truth though? The two classes pretty much exist to make things much easier on the rest of the party, which isn't awful by any means. Its nice to know that if you do happen to get unlucky (I.E. Getting stunned by Mob A, then taking a powerful hit by Boss, only then to be stunned by Mob B...) then there's someone there who is capable of healing you when you cant use a potion. Scourge Warlock is a a great healer as well which sadly forces many to take the Tempest (is that the right path?) side and build it a certain way because players will expect you to deliver what they want. Anyway, I digress... You don't need to have a Devoted Cleric or Guardian Fighter to "tank" or "heal", the classes are just there because this is a generic MMORPG based on Dungeons and Dragons. Honestly though? If there was Guardian Fighter or Devoted Cleric, you can bet that rear-end of yours that every player would be going "Wtf? A game with no healer/tank class? This is stupid.." simply because they are normally standard requirements for running the lower tier dungeons to get players up in the game. Try running Lair of the Mad Dragon with a group of players with no epic gear/no "healer" class. Those two classes, Guardian Fighter and Devoted Cleric, are there because not everyone is familiar with running epic dungeons, and are often prone to making mistakes.

So in short? They're nice to have in a dungeon to make things go smoother (and save your moneybags from being totally depleted on potions and injury kits), but they aren't a requirement for running the dungeons at all, even the heavier dungeons like CN and LoL. Appreciate that they're there, and know in your heart that if there wasn't a standard "healer" or "tanking" class, then everyone would be all up-in-arms about not being able to complete the epic dungeons.

If a tank or healer isn't needed to run the dungeons then they are obviously to easy to run and should have the difficulty increased. Speed is also a factor for wanting them in team, faster you finish the faster you move on to the next dungeon.
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    getphazed wrote: »
    This......

And I still stand by the argument that anybody claiming that you don't need a healer for anything hasn't defeated the Dracolich or is going in there with 15k+ DPS and is having a much harder time than they would with heals.