test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Xbox One Maintenance - 5/14 7AM PDT (Pacific)

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

Update 9:23 AM: Maintenance is complete!

Greetings adventurers,

NWXbox will have another maintenance tomorrow 5/14 at 7AM PDT for roughly 2 hours to bring back the Lair of Lostmauth. He's finally ready to eat people again. Care to whet his appetite?

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What is this going to before :).
  • crazymadlaxcrazymadlax Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Im wondering what event will be this weekend :p
    Maybe double xp/sales for the 1.6 million Adventurers?..

I guess we will find out, later today :cool:
  • ladysctyxladysctyx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't understand what is so important about this that we have to have 2 maintenance this week instead of waiting for Tuesday.
  • mizdovemizdove Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ladysctyx wrote: »
    I don't understand what is so important about this that we have to have 2 maintenance this week instead of waiting for Tuesday.

It's my understanding that it was pretty important. If I have this right, there are actually players whose characters are stuck in that dungeon and can't get out until it was fixed. I think this is the one.

So if that's right, it's a pretty big deal. :D
  • breedhate68breedhate68 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    how about fixing the 3 unobtainable achievements, since last patch, im level 60 and 15 and done probably close to 60 or more dungeons and stuck at 80% for almost 2 weeks now
  • unepitaphedunepitaphed Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mizdove wrote: »
    It's my understanding that it was pretty important. If I have this right, there are actually players whose characters are stuck in that dungeon and can't get out until it was fixed. I think this is the one.

So if that's right, it's a pretty big deal. :D

I was wondering what was wrong with that dungeon.
  • sl33pyninjathcsl33pyninjathc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think the biggest issue of all is the disconnects and fps drop without this problem being fixed the game is extremely aggravating to play and stay patient with.bringing a new dungeon with same old problems does nothing but keep our interest for another week.
  • feileacan1967feileacan1967 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hopefully you also fixed the status text issues with things like "Tricked" no longer being blank text boxes.
  • synge27synge27 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think the biggest issue of all is the disconnects and fps drop without this problem being fixed the game is extremely aggravating to play and stay patient with.bringing a new dungeon with same old problems does nothing but keep our interest for another week.

Couldn't Agree More With This Statement. Would Be Nice To Walk Over A Trap And Not Get Locked Up for 15-30 Sec. Not To Mention The Frame-rate Drop That Powers Like Tyrannical Threat Cause. As Far AS DC's Go Not Gonna Touch That One, Seems Like I Spend More Time Reconnecting Than Playing.

(I Do Greatly Appreciate The New Content But Like The Quote Said It Only Keeps Your Attention For So Long)
  • fireballs69fireballs69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015

+1 on this at times I want to just stop playing this game as it feels like a lag guessing game (will I be dead or alive when I am done lagging?) Or a reconnect game of maybe this time the instance will not time out when I try and load into it. I just want to play....
  • danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There are more updates and patches to come in the near future so just keep an eye out. PW: are good with there games. And I know they cannot add or fix everything in one week and one day. So please let the get on with there work , as with all our help this game is getting better as they days go by thanks. ;)
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Updates and bugfixes are highly appreciated as always.

Any info if the laggy behavior and freezes are getting fixed? I see this happens to be server side and/or many many people connecting to the game but I know the PC version and it never has been like that.

Thanks
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • killobot5000killobot5000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Seems like the wording of the post indicates that they are bringing BACK something that was broken already, not introducing new content with this patch.
    So yeah, it is a bug fix dudes.
    While constantly having to reset my Xbox from them system menu in order to keep the time out thing from happening at every loading screen is annoying, at least it seems to work for a few hours.
    With any luck it has a high priority on their bug tracker's to-do list, and will be patched up soon as well.
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ladysctyx wrote: »

LOL? This dungeon is half of the current endgame. If you don't realize why it's important to get it running again you're not there yet... but there are many players who have nothing left to do until the next module other than work at getting the gear from this dungeon - and therefore haven't had anything to do for weeks. I'm among them. Trust me, it's been painful not having access to Lostmauth. I consider this way more important than any lag issues, and trust they are working on those as well since they mention them with every patch and update. This dungeon being disabled was due to a programming mistake and much more easily fixed than any persistent back-end issues causing general poor game performance.
  • gaanjaa81gaanjaa81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cant log in since this maintenance, keep getting - ''the console was unable to retrieve security token'' please try again later or something like that =/
    Devoted cleric rule number one = We cant cure stupidity so no heals for fools ^.^
  • ghostnldghostnld Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gaanjaa81 wrote: »
    cant log in since this maintenance, keep getting - ''the console was unable to retrieve security token'' please try again later or something like that =/

Same here. What does that even mean?
  • gaanjaa81gaanjaa81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    think i found the fix.. i cleared my cache... turned xbox back on and now its updating neverwinter :)
    Devoted cleric rule number one = We cant cure stupidity so no heals for fools ^.^
  • ghostnldghostnld Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gaanjaa81 wrote: »
    ghostnld wrote: »

think i found the fix.. i cleared my cache... turned xbox back on and now its updating neverwinter :)

Ill try that. What is it with this game and that cache? This is the only game I've ever played that you needed to do this.
    edited May 2015
    another patch and more broken ****, they screw things up more than they fix. My game keep says trying to sync data, then 2 minutes later "we couldn't get your latest save ****", someone posted clear cache. My question is what the hell is a cache and how do you clear it
    edited May 2015
    well found out how to clear cache, did it 5 times in a row now and this POS still doesn't synch, gonna delete entire game and if that ****s up my save, well at least it didn't cost me a dime, just wasted time getting 2 60's done.
  • obliviouslusterobliviousluster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    well found out how to clear cache, did it 5 times in a row now and this POS still doesn't synch, gonna delete entire game and if that ****s up my save, well at least it didn't cost me a dime, just wasted time getting 2 60's done.
    Clearing the cache wont actually fix it, the other guy probably just got lucky. Deleting the game and re-downloading it wont normally fix it either. This is an issue with the game itself, and some players are just going to be more affected by the outcomes than others. Be patient and give the DEVs until tomorrow to sort this out. I honestly believe the DEVs are just as unhappy with this as we are (if not more so annoyed since as you say, more things seem to break than work in their luck), so lay off the rage for a bit and just play something else.
    Walk on wandering souls
    For your respite we pray
    Let our humble song clear your hearts of dismay,
    Rekindle the flame in your souls and set you free
    So walk on and become the light that guides the way~
  • draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Characters arent saved on your Xbox so no worries on losing them. I frequently switch between Xbox's in my house (living room to bedroom etc) and all characters are always intact.