test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why does NW maitenance take so long?

seanrenzseanrenz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
My God cant wait anymore.... The maintenance should be finished 2 hours ago (1400-1600) its already 1825.... why... why... why????????????????:(
Post edited by seanrenz on

Comments

• Options
    wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    seanrenz wrote: »
    My God cant wait anymore.... The maintenance should be finished 2 hours ago (1400-1600) its already 1825.... why... why... why????????????????:(
    Back in the day WoW weekly maintenance was always 4 hours long... just saying.
  • Options
    yllenyllen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2015

And then the login servers would be overloaded and you couldn't get in for hours

And then when you did get in the lag was unplayable and then you'd dc and have to login again

And then they implemented queuing so at least you knew how many people were in front of you. Hours I spent on ventrillo relaying how long I had left in the queue before I could join the raid...
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Because it isn't as simple as flipping a switch or hitting "start > restart" on your own PC. The integrity of the servers need to be checked, databases verified, that sort of thing. Just because there aren't any patch notes for a maintenance doesn't mean that backend maintenance isn't being done. It just means that the client isn't affected.

Where technology is involved, maintenance is never "simple".
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    r3ppartr3ppart Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I remember Star Wars Galaxies maintenance took a day a few times lol
  • Options
    reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015

Why did you necro a 3-week old useless thread?
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They take as long as they need to be

I would rather wait a while for a successful and helpful The last one ha fast worthless one

The last one seemed to help a tad.... which is better than nothing

Urlord
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why did you necro a 3-week old useless thread?

3 weeks isn't a necro, under RoC. If more than 30 days have passed, THEN it's a necro.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    traumapaladintraumapaladin Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2015
    It is still useless though right?
  • Options
    mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Go look at how long the Defiance servers were down for maintenance. sometimes 18+ hours and heck thats even with a DAILY server reset
  • Options
    projectdannyprojectdanny Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And have you noticed with every maintenance... nothing happens... thy fix nothing... The vote to kick is still being abused and lag and fps and disconnects is still here... useless company...