test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

storm spell suggestion

mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
I AM control wizard spellstorm mage and i dont really like my enemy to die from stormspell before even finish my rotation just ray of frost take a lot of his life with the storm spells procs.
MY suggestion is the storm spell to have 100% chance to procs but once per encounter and dailies.and when encounter or daily criticals the storm spell to critiical too.

AND we have nice recovery to have our encounters up so why to have storm spells and to att wills?
skill to kill enemy:)

AND also skill to do pve not the storm spell do the job for wizard.(spam opressive if critical storm spell storm spell storm spell).
Post edited by mamalion1234 on

Comments

• Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    so basically just make it a 35-40% damage increase as a feature? so it only procs on encounters / dailies not at-wills.

could go even simpler and keep it strong. and just make it so it adds 5/10/15/20/25% crit severity and 1/2/3/4/5% crit chance or something. then its not an extra damage source. just makes existing numbers stronger.

If a flat Crit severity on every crit is too strong. make it build up. Every 2 seconds without a crit it adds 5% crit severity and 2% crit up to a max of 10/15/20/25/30% and 2/4/6/8/10% crit. but once you crit, it drops 1 stacks lower again and starts building again. this way multiple crits in a row drop it back to 0% . but while you're not critting or not in combat. it builds up too max waiting for that first crit. this removes the crazy synergy with EotS, but keeps Stormspell as a strong standalone feature for increasing personal dps.

But I dont play CW that much anymore, so I cant really judge what needs to be changed, just can judge my own experiences vs them.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    so basically just make it a 35-40% damage increase as a feature? so it only procs on encounters / dailies not at-wills.

could go even simpler and keep it strong. and just make it so it adds 5/10/15/20/25% crit severity and 1/2/3/4/5% crit chance or something. then its not an extra damage source. just makes existing numbers stronger.

If a flat Crit severity on every crit is too strong. make it build up. Every 2 seconds without a crit it adds 5% crit severity and 2% crit up to a max of 10/15/20/25/30% and 2/4/6/8/10% crit. but once you crit, it drops 2 stacks lower again and starts building again. this way multiple crits in a row drop it back to 0% . but while you're not critting or not in combat. it builds up too max waiting for that first crit. this removes the crazy synergy with EotS, but keeps Stormspell as a strong standalone feature for increasing personal dps.

But I dont play CW that much anymore, so I cant really judge what needs to be changed, just can judge my own experiences vs them.

just is annoying and for me and for the enemy to melt to ray of frost.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    just is annoying and for me and for the enemy to melt to ray of frost.

Trust me. It's VERY Frustrating/annoying for us Non CW players who die in that ray of frost, Although I dont seem to have that problem much anymore due to my tankiness, BUT I have the problem of CW's with shield+negation taking next to no damage from anything I throw at them due to having like 50% + DR even with broken shield.

what are your opinions of my suggestions for stormspell? though I don't feel stormspell is as big a problem anymore.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    soo....it bothers you know when mobs or enemies die?? Is it not the point of the game to kill things before they kill you? Why draw the fight out, kill things as quick as possible.

the annoying is i dont need to do something else than ray of frost ( my storm spell do the job for me ) i never saw that thing before or i have seen intimitation and got tone down i want to do more than ray of frost to beat my enemies that is not fun.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Trust me. It's VERY Frustrating/annoying for us Non CW players who die in that ray of frost, Although I dont seem to have that problem much anymore due to my tankiness, BUT I have the problem of CW's with shield+negation taking next to no damage from anything I throw at them due to having like 50% + DR even with broken shield.

what are your opinions of my suggestions for stormspell? though I don't feel stormspell is as big a problem anymore.

and when negation get a fix tone down you will have again problem with storm spell as i say even if ray frost dont kill you you will already lose many hp from the storm spells.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015

If a flat Crit severity on every crit is too strong. make it build up. Every 2 seconds without a crit it adds 5% crit severity and 2% crit up to a max of 10/15/20/25/30% and 2/4/6/8/10% crit. but once you crit, it drops 1 stacks lower again and starts building again. this way multiple crits in a row drop it back to 0% . but while you're not critting or not in combat. it builds up too max waiting for that first crit. this removes the crazy synergy with EotS, but keeps Stormspell as a strong standalone feature for increasing personal dps.

Yeah....no. Whilst I agree storm spell should be changed, what you advocating makes it worse then evocation.
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A 1 second icd would do a lot here... or make it not do critical damage... or make the chance for it to trigger lower. Or maybe all of those?
    I just know there's something wrong when basically noone takes the other paragon path or any other class features.
  • Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I AM control wizard spellstorm mage and i dont really like my enemy to die from stormspell before even finish my rotation just ray of frost take a lot of his life with the storm spells procs.
    MY suggestion is the storm spell to have 100% chance to procs but once per encounter and dailies.and when encounter or daily criticals the storm spell to critiical too.

Not everybody has your item level and stats buddy.

Please.

When you suggest changes think across the board an not only about yourself.

There's other players in this game who find it really useful especially in lower iL's and overall levels and much more for players moving for lvl 60 to 70 who need that raw power to kill the overpowered mobs.

If you don't like the dmg your storm spell procs do go ahead and remove it from your slots.

Just saying it's a much easier solution to your problem than asking it to change which would mean it should change for other players too.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The day they will touch cws, stormspell is the first thing they will nerf.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    lowendus wrote: »
    Not everybody has your item level and stats buddy.

Please.

When you suggest changes think across the board an not only about yourself.

There's other players in this game who find it really useful especially in lower iL's and overall levels and much more for players moving for lvl 60 to 70 who need that raw power to kill the overpowered mobs.

If you don't like the dmg your storm spell procs do go ahead and remove it from your slots.

Just saying it's a much easier solution to your problem than asking it to change which would mean it should change for other players too.

xm like is hard a player to add charisma to his build get critical boons and voila a new player with storm spells on ray of frost .and if opressive critical ox ox;p come on stop the silly defence run an advanced combat tracker to a fresh 70 wizard and you will see which feat is the top source of damage:).
  • Options
    x3n0forumx3n0forum Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh come on, Storm Spell represents an absolutely humongus amount of the damage a CW deals. It shapes the entire way wizards deal damage, whether they are Renegade, Oppressor or Thaumaturge.

In PvP, the theory goes like this:
    - Have Storm Spell + Eye of the Storm as you currently active class features
    - Slot as many DoTs as possible in encounter slots
    - Find a target
    - Fire a shot at said target to activate EotS
    -- If there is more than one target, Oppressive Force
    - Cast Ray of Enfeeblement, Conduit of Ice & Icy Rays (or disintegrate) - takes about 2-3 seconds
    (- Optional: Ice Knife)
    - Spend the remaining time on EotS casting Ray of Frost

In PvE, that's OF, Icy Terrain, Steal Time, Conduit & Sudden Storm.

The only thing that really change as you gear up is that you may consider replacing Eye of the Storm with another class feature (probably the one that deals damage on daily activation) if you think your crit rate is high enough.

As a result, there's little diversity in builds and play styles. Even as a control-spec'd CW, not slotting Storm Spell is not negociable, it simply represents too much of my damage dealing ability, even without EotS's help. It was already the case back in mod2, and I'd say it's become worse since then.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    x3n0forum wrote: »
    Oh come on, Storm Spell represents an absolutely humongus amount of the damage a CW deals. It shapes the entire way wizards deal damage, whether they are Renegade, Oppressor or Thaumaturge.

In PvP, the theory goes like this:
    - Have Storm Spell + Eye of the Storm as you currently active class features
    - Slot as many DoTs as possible in encounter slots
    - Find a target
    - Fire a shot at said target to activate EotS
    -- If there is more than one target, Oppressive Force
    - Cast Ray of Enfeeblement, Conduit of Ice & Icy Rays (or disintegrate) - takes about 2-3 seconds
    (- Optional: Ice Knife)
    - Spend the remaining time on EotS casting Ray of Frost

In PvE, that's OF, Icy Terrain, Steal Time, Conduit & Sudden Storm.

The only thing that really change as you gear up is that you may consider replacing Eye of the Storm with another class feature (probably the one that deals damage on daily activation) if you think your crit rate is high enough.

As a result, there's little diversity in builds and play styles. Even as a control-spec'd CW, not slotting Storm Spell is not negociable, it simply represents too much of my damage dealing ability, even without EotS's help. It was already the case back in mod2, and I'd say it's become worse since then.

is even worse with chilling presence on renegade for each chill starts to deal additional damage that means on criticals storm spell will deal even more damage.
  • Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    xm like is hard a player to add charisma to his build get critical boons and voila a new player with storm spells on ray of frost .and if opressive critical ox ox;p come on stop the silly defence run an advanced combat tracker to a fresh 70 wizard and you will see which feat is the top source of damage:).

Dude.

Please.

You have a complete build (and a very good one I happen to have seen) which ultimately is the source of these hard hitting procs.

9 out of 10 players especially new ones may never be able (especially considering mod 6 changes) or will have to grind their minds out to reach that point IF they reach it considering you can no longer get decent endgame items via the AH as you used to etc etc.

What's your point ?

Reduce the damage of YOUR build ?

As I said before, there are other players using it (especially low lvl ones) and it's helping them heaps why kill it for them because you're just feeling too powerful ?

It's just a trigger that procs the power of the stats you've built into your toon.

Just remove it from your slot and use sth else. simple as that.
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This guy is a troll that try to get CWs nerfed for no reason. Shut up.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Dude.

Please.

You have a complete build (and a very good one I happen to have seen) which ultimately is the source of these hard hitting procs.

9 out of 10 players especially new ones may never be able (especially considering mod 6 changes) or will have to grind their minds out to reach that point IF they reach it considering you can no longer get decent endgame items via the AH as you used to etc etc.

What's your point ?

Reduce the damage of YOUR build ?

As I said before, there are other players using it (especially low lvl ones) and it's helping them heaps why kill it for them because you're just feeling too powerful ?

It's just a trigger that procs the power of the stats you've built into your toon.

its not about build the same build if use the master of flame you will see the most damage will not come from class feature.+ dont need a lot imagination to put points to charisma and become a renegade to get the 5% critical feat the 10% feat chilling advantage and capstone nexus.a new player cant do that?:P i have all characters and i try find flat damage from a feature on an another class guess i cant find .
  • Options
    bastardangelbastardangel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    (...)
    (...)

Exactly!
    Cryptic should fix bugs ASAP, after that we can talk about changes... :mad:
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    obvious troll thread is obvious.

ss was buffed as a token when they nerfed the * out of every other CW spell last year.

if it's "too easy" simple, don't use it. /thread
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I like your thinking OP. I made a post before about this, I would RATHER (I dont main CW so take this FWIW) see SS more restricted to a specific path.

So what I would suggest is nerfing stormspell's damage by like 35% and the %chance to something like 20-25% Then adding a FEAT in a specific tree to BUFF it back up to its current values.

Now its more tree specific and not something that is just a "must slot" for all CW paths.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    So what I would suggest is nerfing stormspell's damage by like 35% and the %chance to something like 20-25% Then adding a FEAT in a specific tree to BUFF it back up to its current values.

Now its more tree specific and not something that is just a "must slot" for all CW paths.

lol it's already 30% ONLY on CRITS (so 10-15% for most ppl with around 40% crit) so what you want would actually make it proc MORE lol
    as for FEAT there is already a FEAT that works with SS it's called Eye of the Storm and it gives you 100% crit for a short time. this is really the only thing that makes SS worth a slot, otherwise there are better. what you want would nerf SS into the ground. well BACK into the ground as nobody used it before the buff which already said was a token gesture when they nerfed other skills like Shard of the Useless Avalanche into the ground...

really it sounds more like you have no idea what you are talking about...
    (I dont play a CW
    #smf
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    walk2k wrote: »
    lol it's already 30% ONLY on CRITS (so 10-15% for most ppl with around 40% crit) so what you want would actually make it proc MORE lol
    as for FEAT there is already a FEAT that works with SS it's called Eye of the Storm and it gives you 100% crit for a short time. this is really the only thing that makes SS worth a slot, otherwise there are better. what you want would nerf SS into the ground. well BACK into the ground as nobody used it before the buff which already said was a token gesture when they nerfed other skills like Shard of the Useless Avalanche into the ground...

#smf

LOL wait to edit my quote... I HAVE a cw I dont MAIN a CW... Yeah and now that ir procs off crits it ONLY crits... So the actual effectiveness was BOOSTED with the change.

The issue is a LARGE LARGE LARGE majority of CW damage comes from SS yet it requires ZERO path specific focus to utilize. So the crux of "damage versus control versus utility" - there is none.

Again, seems you didnt read what I said, nerf the ability in general and then provide a feat in a SPECIFIC PATH that brings it back to current levels.

Now it would be more a choice to use.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

#smf

Renegade CW uses chilling presence with chilling advantage feat and storm spell, they contribute more to the party with renegade buffs and tbh with bis endgame gear they can achieve a close to 100% crit chance without eots. Eots is in no way necessary, its only necessary if you play thaum. Personally I would like the damage SS adds to be massively reduced and in compensation, either given back by distributing it amongst the skilled encounters (shard for example) or for it to manifest as buffs to control instead of buffs to damage.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Renegade CW uses chilling presence with chilling advantage feat and storm spell, they contribute more to the party with renegade buffs and tbh with bis endgame gear they can achieve a close to 100% crit chance without eots. Eots is in no way necessary, its only necessary if you play thaum. Personally I would like the damage SS adds to be massively reduced and in compensation, either given back by distributing it amongst the skilled encounters (shard for example) or for it to manifest as buffs to control instead of buffs to damage.

Or we can start to fix the reasons for it to be broken.
    It shouldnt crit.
    It shouldnt proc more than once for encounter application/at will.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    SS adds to be massively reduced and in compensation, either given back by distributing it amongst the skilled encounters (shard for example) or for it to manifest as buffs to control instead of buffs to damage.

rofl in that case you should get a time machine and go back to 2013-2014 because SS was buffed at the same time when Shard and many many others were nerfed into the ground! try to keep up!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Or we can start to fix the reasons for it to be broken.
    It shouldnt crit.
    It shouldnt proc more than once for encounter application/at will.

lol WHAT??? WHY? utter nonsense. it procs on crits only, during eots everything crits. every.thing. do you understand? how can you make it non crit during eots... ridiculous. it only procs on encounters, like every other proc if it's a dot like Ray or Icy terrain then it has a chance to proc on every tic of the dot, like every other dot in the game. really sounds more like you want them to write a whole other game for you to play...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    rofl in that case you should get a time machine and go back to 2013-2014 because SS was buffed at the same time when Shard and many many others were nerfed into the ground! try to keep up!

Actually, the main damage nerfs were evocation plus a bunch of damage feats, shard was completely unnecessary. Fyi I was around then and whilst some of those changes can be justified, shard was not one of them.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    lol WHAT??? WHY? utter nonsense. it procs on crits only, during eots everything crits. every.thing. do you understand? how can you make it non crit during eots... ridiculous. it only procs on encounters, like every other proc if it's a dot like Ray or Icy terrain then it has a chance to proc on every tic of the dot, like every other dot in the game. really sounds more like you want them to write a whole other game for you to play...

You shouldnt be surprised if i tell you that stormspell is indeed the only thing able to do what you said.
  • Options
    arakk00arakk00 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    smulch wrote: »
    This guy is a troll that try to get CWs nerfed for no reason. Shut up.

Rofl. I agree with him. Storm Spell needs to go. Also, you guys, you CONTROL Wizards, need to get some more 'oomph' for your CC. Meanwhile, the Striker primary caster, the Scourge Warlock, needs.. Oomph. Period.
    A <Friendly Dragon>!
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There's a perfectly good reason to get rid of storm spell. Just look at all the MoF wizards. Oh right, there are none...