test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which DPS Class, Vorpal/Crit Severity Based Build

sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvE Discussion
Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to determine which class would be best to invest in for a DPS character.

Since.. you can potentially spend a lot of AD on a given character... (refining, Artifacts, Companions, etc)

I have a few items currently banked.. that make me think.. I should pick a class that has a high crit rate... and class feats that further boost Crit Severity. I currently can make a Pure Vorpal Weapon Enchant and have both plus Crit Severity Companions.

So that would be:

- GWF
- SW
- HR
- TR

I should also add.. that I primarly PUG and don't have a guild. Since my work schedule is dynamic.. and can't commit to playing at regular times or frequency. Before becoming a family man... I definitely was a "power gamer" in past MMORG's.. as a result... even though I play casual player hours... I still have a power gamer... looking to achieve BiS type of mentality when it comes to my characters.

So that might be something to take into account.

Thank you in advance for all advice.

Thanks.
-= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
- Apocalypse - (DC)
- Sadus (OP)
- Fireball (GWF)
- Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Great Guide,

Quick question - would you consider Tiefling a viable Race? For the 5% damage bonus sub 50% in conjunction with Fire Archon companion.

I'm just wondering if the 2% crit and 5% crit severity is greater than 5% overall damage increase as a result of Racial + Companion.

I would go Augment (Ion Stone of Might), Erinyes, Cambion Magus, Fire Archon, & Air Archon.

Thanks!
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....
  • gigarayzorgigarayzor Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd throw Control Wizard into the running. A tiefling (or dragonborn if you have it) Renegade Spellstorm wizard, specifically. The Storm Spell class feature makes high crit chance somewhat ridiculous.
    edited May 2015
    gigarayzor wrote: »
    I'd throw Control Wizard into the running. A tiefling (or dragonborn if you have it) Renegade Spellstorm wizard, specifically. The Storm Spell class feature makes high crit chance somewhat ridiculous.

It isn't storm spell, it's Eye of the Storm class feature which grants you 100% crit chance for a few seconds. My GWF can keep 95%-100% crit chance the whole fight. :D
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It isn't storm spell, it's Eye of the Storm class feature which grants you 100% crit chance for a few seconds. My GWF can keep 95%-100% crit chance the whole fight. :D

Plus lostmauth set....
    edited May 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Plus lostmauth set....

Even with almost 100% crit, losthmaut's set bonus is 2nd in damage below my WMS or SS. However, I don't like the damage done by the set and I've already stated this in my guide. It is also a funny fact that for me it represents much less overall damage for my GWF than Storm Spell for a CW.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Even with almost 100% crit, losthmaut's set bonus is 2nd in damage below my WMS or SS. However, I don't like the damage done by the set and I've already stated this in my guide. It is also a funny fact that for me it represents much less overall damage for my GWF than Storm Spell for a CW.
    Well, there is some hilarious thread that questions some stuff about procling overlords. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?918391-Hits-with-more-than-20-million-damage. I am not quite sure it's just they feytouched alone though since I've seen some CWs pulling the same stuff on heralds in WoD with some mediocre gear.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015

As a CW, I can say there are a few proc's that are ridiculous, not just Storm Spell. Abyss of Chaos (new paragon feat) does as much as storm spell, within 1% difference and the lostmauth set when used is about 2/3rds SS/abyss. There is also trans fey which is just......However, what I think he meant was that CW's benefit from having a high crit chance more then other classes because of storm spell, not that storm spell grants high crit.
  • theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sadus671 wrote: »
    Great Guide,

Quick question - would you consider Tiefling a viable Race? For the 5% damage bonus sub 50% in conjunction with Fire Archon companion.

I'm just wondering if the 2% crit and 5% crit severity is greater than 5% overall damage increase as a result of Racial + Companion.

I would go Augment (Ion Stone of Might), Erinyes, Cambion Magus, Fire Archon, & Air Archon.

Thanks!

I play a tiefling GWF and it seems to do just fine you wont have the abilty scores of another class like dragonborn or half orc but I have seen viable GWFs of all races

is it optimal for GWF? no but it works just fine

but if you are going for the best of the best then
    dragonborn(metallic) >dragonborn>half orc> human > tiefling
  • hallacatthallacatt Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2015
    2 things:

GWF is the best PVE DPS atm, hands down. Please refer to Lazaroth666's guide.

Abyss of chaos isn't even 1/6th the damage of spellstorm OR lostmauth's set bonus, that is just an outright lie.

For reference this is an act parse of a cw who did 3 ECC runs with me today that I tanked. His gear/enchants/companions were rather poor and probably the best thing he did have going for him was the lostmauth set. Make special note of the average damage between the Lostmauth's set bonus, the spellstorm procs, and Abyss of chaos. The latter isn't even close to the two former despite proc'ing three times as often.

nbut0z.jpg