test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR's lvl60 abilities need rework

quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Thieves' Den
How could you relase so bad abilities so high in the tree? Even our very first 3 encounters are 100 times better. Im kinda tired of not getting any alternative builds. It feels like you just wanted to throw w/e ability just to fil the slot.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think the state of mod 5 TR made them give us weaker skills along with nerfs to balance TRs. Especially that some skills (Oppressive Darkness, for example) was OP when released on preview, but then it was nerfed way too hard to be effective. I hope when ppl chill a bit after TR dominance they will be buffed to be useful, since they have potential, just numbers are too low.
  • Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Smoke Bomb and Shocking Execution at level 60 is good. So is Invisible Infiltrator if you are MI. I agree the ones after that suck. My power set up has not changed from Mod 5 to 6.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    wentris wrote: »
    I think the state of mod 5 TR made them give us weaker skills along with nerfs to balance TRs. Especially that some skills (Oppressive Darkness, for example) was OP when released on preview, but then it was nerfed way too hard to be effective. I hope when ppl chill a bit after TR dominance they will be buffed to be useful, since they have potential, just numbers are too low.

I can understand that some people may have issues with TR in pvp, however they could always put pvp reductions like on DHS (WK at will dot) instead of making the ability completely useless even in pve.
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    How could you relase so bad abilities so high in the tree? Even our very first 3 encounters are 100 times better. Im kinda tired of not getting any alternative builds. It feels like you just wanted to throw w/e ability just to fil the slot.

Agreed.

All of the post-60 encounters lack any serious utility. I'd use some of them if we had like 5 encounter slots, but when things are down to three, for both PvP/PvE purposes, none of those are good enough to take any kind of priority over what we were already using.

These new encounters...

(1) don't have any real damage potential
    (2) don't serve any real utilitarian purpose
    (3) aren't even fun to use and have weak/bland function

So it doesn't hit hard, doesn't have any noticeable utilities, and aren't even cool visually.

On the flip side, it does make things easier for us to save up power points and invest it into rank4s. LOL
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    After further testing i can confirm that Shadowy Disappearance doesnt belong to the game and was poorly implemented.

This ability allow you to jump over to places which were never intended to go in the first place or even allow bugging in some sitautions. For example you can use it to jump over to enemy spawn on GG map (but you cant go deep inside as you will get one shoted) There are also other bugs which i wont mention here to prevent further abuse.

I just try to avoid rants, so here's my constructive suggestion:

Rework the ability to mark spot on the ground (where rogue is standing) and allow rogue to teleport to this mark if he's within the teleport range (I suggest something around 150'-200') + remove any CC effects upon activation. This will prevent abuse which exist now and in the same time it will stay unique and fun to use. Each upgrade rank should lower the CD and increase the teleport range. CC removal should be available only at rank 4 (imo).
  • Options
    trill34trill34 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think Blade Flurry has potential for PVE Executioners. I've long felt like the TR needed an AOE at-will, similar to Reaping Strike or Weapon Master's Strike for the GWF, and this is as close as we're probably ever going to get.

My usual multi-target DPS rotation is Stealth>Blitz>Smoke Bomb. I follow it up with Duelist's Flurry until stealth regenerates and I can use my third encounter (Dazing Strike or Lashing Blade) unless I have a good opportunity to use that third encounter before stealth refills.

In my tests I'm going Stealth>Blitz>Smoke Bomb and then immediately launching into Blade Flurry. My first impression is that it's great from a timing/flow-of-combat perspective but probably needs to do a bit more damage (or have some minor control effect) before it surpasses Dazing Strike or Lashing Blade.

I haven't taken Blade Flurry into any dungeons yet but I'm going to keep testing it and I'll let ya'll know what happens.
  • Options
    lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    stop crying, trs power and feats are fine as they are. we are strong dps with huge amount of abilities compered to other classes no need to make the entire community rage on us again for been to op.
  • Options
    s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I feel for you guys.. but all of this was already said in the preview feedback. I personally reported that Shadowy Disappearance had absolutely no use .. not for damage or utility. It's a gimmick that Cryptic planned their new maps around - but the old one's are incredibly vulnerable to the player going where he shouldnt. I've been under PE, all around WoD and in places that really look weird in Sharandar. It's fun for a time but gets boring quickly - and does NOTHING to further my character's ability to fulfill a role in party play.

Blade Flurry, like everyone has said is much too low damage to ever supplant dazing strike or blitz. Most Sab's carry smokebomb, (encounter) and Shadow Strike. The 2nd damage encounter is usually Lashing blade, dazing strike, blitz or wicked reminder. If you cant do better than those 4 attacks (they each have a niche role) then what's the point of adding another placeholder?

Oppresive Darkness had SUCH potential. GWF's absolutely CRIED (QQ) when it was tested in preview and it got nerfed beyond belief. Was it balanced then? probably not, is it now? I havnt seen any way it is now either. First strike, Tenacious Concealment and skillful infiltrator are still the only class features I use. (Invisi infiltrator lost a lot of it's usefulness when stealth perma stealth became much harder to accomplish; and when DC bugs get fixed it will probably fall out of use a lot more).

I dont even know the name of the lvl 65 class feature, and while one person said it was a good cover for Sab's in between "One with the Shadow" stealth refreshes, it certainly isnt a better option than our other features.

Bottom line, I agree that TR got nerfed hard because the playerbase (non-TR) demanded it. To be honest, just about every TR who played in mod 5 knew it was coming.
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    It's funny. I rarely ever use ITC. It used to be great in Draco fight; but in Lostmauth and because of the general OP'ness of damage done in dungeons it's rather useless to slot now.

My class is percieved and balanced according to a measure THAT I NEVER PLAY. In fact, someone once said that only about 10% of players actually PVP.

How is this fair?
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ya lets not mess around with ITC. Not happy with some other classes uber damage one shot encounter?- ITC, not happy with being left behind the curve of the new gear/$$ gap?-ITC, not happy with the krazy kontrol powers of some classes?- ITC. ITC the shadowy wiggle dance as 8 players with three times your income each try to hit you at the same time in gg, smoke bomb stealth seeya.

And yet, at those upper tiers of p$v$p the MI is balanced against other equally OP specs/classes.

I am happy with TR (mi at least) as they are now, shoddy upper tier powers or not.
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am curious, does anyone at all use any of the new powers or class features? The only use I found for any was to do things you were not supposed to do. Maybe I will start a poll or someone else will but I just realized that I have never seen a bit of value in any of them but wondered if anyone else had.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    started using Opp Darkness alot. other than that no.
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    I am curious, does anyone at all use any of the new powers or class features? The only use I found for any was to do things you were not supposed to do. Maybe I will start a poll or someone else will but I just realized that I have never seen a bit of value in any of them but wondered if anyone else had.

Non of those are even remotely viable for PvP, except Oppressive Darkness which adds a small piercing damage which can come in handy at certain times. No significant damage, no real function, no originality, and no fun = useless.

I'd be tempted to use Blade Flurry if it had a better passive effect, ... like maybe a stun, or even a slow, or some sort of a potent debuff, when used from stealth... but.. one extra attack... no use at all in PvP.