test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is the Moonshae Druid any good?

ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
I won a Druid in the last CTA but I haven't binded it yet as I don't know if its worth keeping or just selling?
Post edited by ancojo on

Comments

• thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    He has a decent Active Bonus, so he might be worth throwing into an active slot. He might be cool to run until you get an Ioun Stone, but once you get one it's the only companion you (or anyone) should have summoned. Augmentation companions just can't beat. I wish someone had explained them to me sooner so I could've avoided converting AD to Zen to buy other companions that I don't even use now.
  • ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the quick reply, I think I'll list it on the AH. Am I right in thing the Ioun Stone of Allure is the one I should get and is it bought or dropped? Thanks again.
  • traumapaladintraumapaladin Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2015
    ancojo wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply, I think I'll list it on the AH. Am I right in thing the Ioun Stone of Allure is the one I should get and is it bought or dropped? Thanks again.

As far as I am aware it is only available through the zen store. It may also be worthwhile to hang onto the druid until it becomes a little more scarce and then sell it when the prices rise a little bit.
  • ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Good idea, I was just about to go list it! Into the bank it goes, thanks again for replies peeps.
  • skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ok, so what makes the Ioun Stone so good? Shouldn't we have the active companion slots filled with other companions at least?
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
    edited May 2015
    skeld11 wrote: »
    Ok, so what makes the Ioun Stone so good? Shouldn't we have the active companion slots filled with other companions at least?

yes you benefit from all your active bonuses. The Ioun stone is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good, and it is really as good as all those o's imply, because any and all stats it has are conferred to your character. so if you increase its power by 1000 and its crit by 1500 you now have 1000 more power and 1500 more crit. One important thing to remember though is that while you are conferred the bonuses of these stats they do not impact your gearscore like the active bonuses of other companions do.
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What traumapaladin said. Everything you put on an augmentation companion -- runestones, gear, enchantments in gear slots -- applies directly to you. It's like getting three extra gear slots with each piece of gear having two enchantment slots. Oh, and an Ioun Stone doesn't ever take damage or die, so you never again have to worry about running around the battlefield reviving companions. Augmentation companions are incredibly powerful and valuable.
  • quebraregraquebraregra Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sorry for this LORE question, but is the Moonshae Druid a gnome? He's smaller than my halfling.

If so, with some of the modeling existing, does this mean we might get a gnome player race at some point?
    edited May 2015
    I don't recall any D&D references to gnomes really. I think they more or less filled that niche with halflings. Also the moonshae druid seems to be more on par with a leprechaun from what I have seen of him.
    edited May 2015
    Take that back there totally were gnomes according to my buddy.
    edited May 2015
    I don't recall any D&D references to gnomes really. I think they more or less filled that niche with halflings. Also the moonshae druid seems to be more on par with a leprechaun from what I have seen of him.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply, but I assure you they have been in D&D since I started playing in the 80's.

he's very gnomelike IMHO
    edited May 2015
    I don't know how inclined gnomes would of been to being a druid or how to really determine whether the druid looks more like a Halfling or more like a gnome, but what I would say is a fair bet is that the relative lack of enthusiasm (at least on xbox) for halflings and dwarves makes me feel that its pretty unlikely they will be incorporating another short race anytime soon.
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The druid is excellent for DC and GF classes. If you're either of those, you should bind him right now.
    If you're a CW, you should still consider him for the recovery boost.
    The other four classes won't get much out of him.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • deiracheldeirachel Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    He's a halfling. There isn't a community of gnomes on the Moonshae Isles. About 4% of the population are Halflings though. Gnomes are most commonly found in Western Heartlands, Elturgard, and along the coastline of the Shining Sea, and some deep Gnomes (svirfneblin) are found in the Underdark, but they are very secretive (to avoid the Drow and Duergar).
    edited May 2015
    deirachel wrote: »
    He's a halfling. There isn't a community of gnomes on the Moonshae Isles. About 4% of the population are Halflings though. Gnomes are most commonly found in Western Heartlands, Elturgard, and along the coastline of the Shining Sea, and some deep Gnomes (svirfneblin) are found in the Underdark, but they are very secretive (to avoid the Drow and Duergar).

Hmm, his nose wasn't quite right for a gnome.... But the beard? bearded halflings almost unheard of. Good lore tho, thanks.