test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please make Gauntlgrym solo queue only

nallifnallif Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvP Discussion
Gauntlgrym (GG) PvP is lots of fun for me and, I hope, others. Making it available all day was a stroke of genius. The problem now is the premades that destroy PUGs in Domination are joining GG to destroy PUGs here, too. Let's keep GG fun and casual by only allowing solo queuing. If people want to play with their friends, they can join Domination.
Post edited by nallif on

Comments

• Options
    vitizaxvitizax Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What about doing the other way around? what about making it aviable to 10 ppl queue to face other 10 ppl party?
  • Options
    nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, because we all have 9 people that want to do GG anytime we plan on doing it. Think, then post. The first suggestion actually makes sense, your's... not so much. Premades should be excluded from any PvP queue in my opinion and there should be a separated queue for those who wish to do premade. If it takes 1 hour to find another team, well that's tragic but justified.

So I'm not allowed to play with my friends in a MMO? Interesting story.
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nuudlz wrote: »
    So I'm not allowed to play with my friends in a MMO? Interesting story.

By playing MMO with friends you mean "facerolling pugs with a 10 man premade"? Nice concept.
  • Options
    nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    By playing MMO with friends you mean "facerolling pugs with a 10 man premade"? Nice concept.

No - I mean playing with friends - that's one reason I play online games. What you interpret into it is not my business.
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
  • Options
    nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nallif wrote: »
    Gauntlgrym (GG) PvP is lots of fun for me and, I hope, others. Making it available all day was a stroke of genius. The problem now is the premades that destroy PUGs in Domination are joining GG to destroy PUGs here, too. Let's keep GG fun and casual by only allowing solo queuing. If people want to play with their friends, they can join Domination.

Actually it should be exactly the other way round. Domination should be the competitive format for solo and full premade queues and GG the casual format without restrictions, matchmaking and the leaver penalty.

GG is fine as it is. In case you are in one of those lopsided affairs, you can quickly drop out and re-enter.
  • Options
    nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zvieris wrote: »

I think it has been stated by most people that the joy they are getting out of it is minimal. I personally would think those premades would actually queue up for Domination if it was guaranteed they'd face another premade. Nobody has fun walking around the battleground just waiting for the match to get over. That's wasted time.
  • Options
    flyofavalonflyofavalon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nuudlz wrote: »
    No - I mean playing with friends - that's one reason I play online games. What you interpret into it is not my business.

+1. If i wanted to play by myself I would not be playing an MMO. When this MMO does not let me play with friends is when im done and onto the next one.
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I always find it a little amusing when people que solo for a TEAM game and then get upset when beat by people who qued as a team.

It would make more sense to ask for a non-team game.
  • Options
    looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think it's the most obvious solution:
    Neverwinter should offer both - premade/single domination/gg. Independent from queue time.

And of course I want to play with my Neverwinter friends, but I don't have a single one :D mod6 yah!
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We actually had 10 people, 2 teams of 5s, that sync queued a few times for GG, and it kept putting our 2 teams to go up against each other. Not sure if it's WAI, but if it is, it's awesome. My side lost both times as the teams weren't so balance, but didn't really care, it's great fun.

So to the pugs complaining, we don't enjoy getting a full premade to destroy your 2k gear level 0 tenacity char. I bet some of the times, you were probably only up against 3 or 4 people that queued up together and you kept running into them.

This game does need better match making for both domination and GG, but it's not that easy. So even if your wish of only allowing people to solo queue, next you'll be asking for players to be forced to stripped down to your gear level once they have entered. So perhaps make some better suggestions to balance GG out for EVERYONE, instead of altering the game for YOUR own benefits only.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    No, it would make more sense to have friggin queue for premades, a queue for solo and a lobby where people can chat and pick teams.

How does playing a team game as a solo player make more sense than playing a solo game as a solo player?
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You're always going to be at a disadvantage if you go up against a premade with PuGs. And then said premade isn't just a motley crew of guildies looking for some fun but a fully-kitted out juggernaut of death. Yeah always fun to run into those.

I've suggested it before and I'll say it again: 5v5 domination should be solely tied into leaderboard and let the pvp guild premades queue for that because, after all, they only care about the size of their epeens. Give GG to the casuals, who are just there to experience another fun element of the game. Coz face it, pvp is a lot more fun without all those exploiting, bug-abusing @ssclowns who think they actually contribute something meaningful to this game.

Edited to add: pvp in this game can and should learn from WoW, which had 2 modes of queuing: one for casuals (normal battlegrounds) and one (two) for the hardcore pvp'ers (arena/rated battlegrounds).

The first mode did nothing but record your kill/death ratio and flag-capping etc for achievements, while the second mode was completely tied into the leaderboard and rankings for end-of-season rewards.

I can't see why something similar would not work in NW.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »
    You're always going to be at a disadvantage if you go up against a premade with PuGs. And then said premade isn't just a motley crew of guildies looking for some fun but a fully-kitted out juggernaut of death. Yeah always fun to run into those.

I've suggested it before and I'll say it again: 5v5 domination should be solely tied into leaderboard and let the pvp guild premades queue for that because, after all, they only care about the size of their epeens. Give GG to the casuals, who are just there to experience another fun element of the game. Coz face it, pvp is a lot more fun without all those exploiting, bug-abusing @ssclowns who think they actually contribute something meaningful to this game.

Edited to add: pvp in this game can and should learn from WoW, which had 2 modes of queuing: one for casuals (normal battlegrounds) and one (two) for the hardcore pvp'ers (arena/rated battlegrounds).

The first mode did nothing but record your kill/death ratio and flag-capping etc for achievements, while the second mode was completely tied into the leaderboard and rankings for end-of-season rewards.

I can't see why something similar would not work in NW.

I agree with you about a separate que system but really, slamming the entire competitive pvp community with insults accomplishes absolutely nothing.