test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A letter to neverwinter developers from a lowly GWF.

blitzknightblitzknight Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Militia Barracks
To neverwinter developers,
My gwf is lvl 70 with about 1.6k item level and is at the stage where he starts to find gear and gear up while completing dailies in campaign but when I reached dread ring, sharandar, well of dragons, I am literally screwed. My GWF does not have much survivability as it does in mod5, it does not even last like 10s in a match against a normal group of 4 mobs even with unstoppable and potions. For the same amount of defence in mod 5, I can get like 45% damage resistance but now? 23% even with me picking gears with high defence stats among the rest of the stats just to get myself to survive a bit longer to kill 1 mob.

To you, unstoppable might seem like the way to survive but it is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I need to take damage and deal damage to gain it but I am not receiving enough determination quick enough to pop that unstoppable so I can hold out a bit long to damage. You increase the mobs damage, lower my defence so much so that I cannot survive long enough to kill. My encounter cd is around 10s or more and I need them to gain that pathetic small amount of determination to pop unstoppable or to kill 1 of the mobs fast enough with enough hp and defence to last long against the rest. With all 3 encounters used up, I am nowhere near getting enough determination to pop stoppable to survive. Oh by the way, I am destroyer GWF and well, I gain more determination from getting hit by a 25% hp reduction attack than me using up 2 encounters. Just one powerful hit from 1 non-giant mob and almost 25% of my hp is gone and look, I am dealing with 3 or 4 mobs and that is like 75% reduction to my hp at 1 time with me using high defence gear. Also, I can't gain determination when I pop unstoppable. This isn't even an epic dungeon where I am trying hard to get epic gear, it is normal questing. To top it up, I am dealing with the lag from the game. Did you even try to play the game after you come up with mod 6? You have the preview server and perhaps some veteran players are looking for challenging stuffs when they are already equipped with super nice gears so you heed their advices and increase the difficulty level in campaign regions?

The one thing good about mod 6 for GWF is the damage boost from hidden daggers that make it a "GWF". The other new fissure encounter is just another useless aoe with low damage. If I haven't like this game, I won't even bother about commenting here. Because I like it and knowing that if the game continues down this path for long, it might turn me off and quit, I decided to do this.
Post edited by blitzknight on

Comments

• Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi, what is your total HP and which items are you using?

You will receive determination based in the amount of damage that you deal, so which Destroyer feats are you using? Class features? Are you using Daring Shout?.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I have about 60k hp, blue artifact weapon. Using all the blue equipments with rank 5 or 6 azure for defence given to gwf during spinward rise quests and purple cloak at level 70. I heeded your advice and tried daring shout, it works much better but I am gonna give up on this game because of 3 very important factors, crazy mobs spawning, lag and rubberbanding in this fast-pace game. There is a dungeon instance quest in 1 of well of dragons ---> thayan magical something, I soloed past to the boss with a couple of dying but I can't kill the boss grand summoner because of the constant rubberbanding and lag. On my screen I moved away quite a distance away from the boss line of fire but the damage still hits me. The boss's charged-attack named disintegrate took away 50k of my hp in one shot and with all the mobs spawning, they chew on my remaining 10k hp in just 2s. All that terrain skills that causes dot damage at a spot, mobs, rubberbanding makes it unplayable in this fast-paced game. This game is no longer a fast-paced dodging, it is guessing game. Guess where my gwf is positioned, guess which mobs will be hit by my skills, guess if the server will lag at this moment.

If the developers want a bit more info on which region is affected by the lag, I am currently residing in singapore which is an asian country.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    -snip-

Go full HP in defensive slots. The higher your HP, easier the content.
    Use Azure in your Offensive slots. IBS+Hidden Daggers+Daring Shout.

Regarding to the lag/rubberbanding, in your launcher go to Gameplay Proxy and change to US or EU (test both).

I hope this help you a bit, let me know how it goes for you. Good luck.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Regarding to the lag/rubberbanding, in your launcher go to Gameplay Proxy and change to US or EU (test both).

I hope this help you a bit, let me know how it goes for you. Good luck.

Try both proxy but I can't enter the game with the proxy, it always says connection with account server timeout. RIP my gwf...... ;_;
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Go full HP in defensive slots. The higher your HP, easier the content.
    Use Azure in your Offensive slots. IBS+Hidden Daggers+Daring Shout.
    gemming for HP isnt viable you have max 6 def slots which means even with rank 9s you are only getting about 8100 hp and 10320 for rank 10s so dropping your DR for hp is pretty much gonna be a wash for the most part but until they un nerf out DR we are just gonna have to live with being Papier-mâché weapon fighters a melee class that cant survive in melee range for very long

the only thing that makes us even viable is hidden daggers and being able to hit something from range
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    theoddis1 wrote: »
    gemming for HP isnt viable you have max 6 def slots which means even with rank 9s you are only getting about 8100 hp and 10320 for rank 10s so dropping your DR for hp is pretty much gonna be a wash for the most part but until they un nerf out DR we are just gonna have to live with being Papier-mâché weapon fighters a melee class that cant survive in melee range for very long

the only thing that makes us even viable is hidden daggers and being able to hit something from range

More HP in defensive slots means more Temp HP which is refreshed everytime you hit TAB. This Temp HP is affected by every damage bonus in your character so even a minor investment in HP can be a lot. Please, read my guide for GWF. :)
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    theoddis1 wrote: »

Which is a trolling power, making us a second-rate TR in disguise. It's clearly the power that belongs the least to the gwf class.

Blitzknight unfortunately you may be right when you say "RIP my gwf". For this class there is no cheap build. Wearing what you drop when playing the game, blue gear, rank 5 enchants, well, you die against any group of foes. As for the lag, gwf is vulnerable in this respect and lag will kill you very often.
    The GF class has builds of the Iron Maiden type when the foes basically kill themselves while the player is AFK. Not sure really, and the GF class also has its own issues (power bugged and so on) but, at least potentially, for GFs there are lag-proof, f2p builds.
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    More HP in defensive slots means more Temp HP which is refreshed everytime you hit TAB. This Temp HP is affected by every damage bonus in your character so even a minor investment in HP can be a lot. Please, read my guide for GWF. :)

I looked at it and you may be on to somthing ill give it a go and see how it feels
  • Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yes blitzknight, it is either you have enough real life dollars to afford the 500-million-AD build by Lazaroth, or you just cannot play the game at all. Here is a 2400 llvl gwf in a group fight in WoD:

[Combat (Self)] Glycamerax deals 217457 (444924) Physical Damage to you with Tail Swipe.

[
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Kessell's Retreat

I give up on dps and slotted flourish, takedown and battle fury to control and damage boost my team but... overall.... the picture below shows what I am better off doing....

tumblr_n0pzocG6Jd1sgymg2o1_400_zpsgagg0fb0.gif
  • Options
    eyceaethereyceaether Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You can do the content with level 70 greens and blues without enchantments or artifacts.

If you're playing solo you need to abuse every single feat interaction you can, and really think about what your feats are doing. Your class mechanic will also greatly help in survival/boom booming stuff. You also should slot more defensive powers.

If you're playing in a group you need to figure out what role isn't covered and cover that role (If your class/build is able to).

I've been in groups with blues/greens/some t1 gear that did just fine in high end content. Minus the rubberbanding and lag...

Slamming your keyboard to do big <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> damage does nothing (I swear the people that play this game have the exact same mindset), you only have 7 skills! (8 if you're Control Wizard/10 if you're Hunter Ranger) You have to use them intelligently.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    eyceaether wrote: »
    I've been in groups with blues/greens/some t1 gear that did just fine in high end content. Minus the rubberbanding and lag...

Yea, the joy in playing the game lies when you are able to conquer the challenges in game content but rubberbanding and lag are not part of it. Unfortunately, I can no longer enjoy this game as it can no longer keep up with some of the basic things like dodging as and when I like it to and that is the crucial to playing this game. I have tried to adapt to the game content and the current state of the game by setting everything to low, slotting battle fury and some control skills to assist the team since it is hard for me to dodge with that lag.

Read the latest recent mod 6 patch which claimed that they have resolved 1 of the many causes of lag and made some server adjustment to combat rubberbanding? I patched and entered the game, specifically Kessell's Retreat, guess what? I rubberband and lag in that instance like nobody's business or 5 times more of what I have experienced before the patch.

It has been like almost 1 week since my last log with that latest "patch". Man ain't even gonna care much about it anymore till I have received the "Holy" patch to smite all that rubberband and lag. That will take quite a few more patches or eternity perhaps.

Just gonna wait, patch, play the game, problems persists? Log off and wait for new patch.