test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Since when is beating a dungeon worth it's own multi page thread?

ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvE Discussion
Is this game really so hard that when some beats (allegedly) a dungeon it's such an event, it's worthy of it's own thread? Shouldn't beating a dungeon be commonplace? Especially for a well geared team?

*shakes head*

I've invested too much of my life into this game to turn back now. I feel bad for the new players. My only enjoyment now, is riding around in lower level zones helping others. (Not so much because I'm a good guy, but because being the hero makes my ego swell)
Post edited by ph33rm3 on

Comments

• blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    oh they beat it believe me they wouldnt lie. but yes its that **** hard.
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I tried for two day in LFG looking for a group to do GWD. I've since decided I don't care. I don't care about it or any of the dungeons. This game is just a time sink for me now. Something to do when there's nothing else to do. I (used to) farm all day for RP. Now that' that's dead most of my enjoyment in this game comes from trolling the forums. Haha. 4k and given the choice of running a dungeon or complaining on the forums, I choose the latter. I get more satisfaction here than I do in game.
  • pycon929pycon929 Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2015
    I have yet to partake in a dungeon since mod 6 release. Ever since they took out all the fun dungeons I just don't see the appeal anymore. It's just another grind for gear like every other aspect of the game.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The point of the thread was to share the strategy that was used, which was shared... Pretty simple concept. I do believe you're intelligent enough to see that, and that is meant without sarcasm, really.

I'm not seeing the point in a thread about another thread, in such a context, but whatever floats your boat mi amigo.

Keep on rocking! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • herpnderp2herpnderp2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The point of the thread was to share the strategy that was used, which was shared... Pretty simple concept. I do believe you're intelligent enough to see that, and that is meant without sarcasm, really.

I'm not seeing the point in a thread about another thread, in such a context, but whatever floats your boat mi amigo.

Keep on rocking! :cool:

I don't think the OP was trying to flame you or w/e you think, just using your thread as an example of the sad truth that the games end game is a joke. The dungeons aren't a commonplace anymore, I mean what do you do at 70 if you don't have the super high tier equipment needed to complete them and then what else is there to do, farm RP ? (oh wait...). Don't forget how some classes are more wanted than others... (DC/OP/CW) Mod 6 slaughtered much of what you could do at max level, it's the sad truth.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    herpnderp2 wrote: »
    Mod 6 slaughtered much of what you could do at max level, it's the sad truth.
    I'm having more fun in End Game content, post Mod 6, then before. However, to each their own, and whatever happens I truly hope everyone can enjoy the game... Because that's what matters in the end. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
    edited May 2015
    I don't think the OP was trying to flame you or w/e you think, just using your thread as an example of the sad truth that the games end game is a joke. The dungeons aren't a commonplace anymore, I mean what do you do at 70 if you don't have the super high tier equipment needed to complete them and then what else is there to do, farm RP ? (oh wait...). Don't forget how some classes are more wanted than others... (DC/OP/CW) Mod 6 slaughtered much of what you could do at max level, it's the sad truth.

^This^

10char
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    oh well, with seemingly less new posts each day, I welcome any post that shares just about anything, I welcome the post :D
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Not true. As a DC player I prefer healing a GF over an OP, they're much easier to take care of and have much more practice too, which helps. I'm also glad to invite HRs and GWFs too, as long as they can carry their own weight. SWs are welcome too. Why not? I've beaten T2s with various group comps and all it takes is dedicated people willing to learn the fight and to learn more about game mechanics in general.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    there are thousands off mmorpg-guilds taken f.e. WOW, where its all about "First Kills" and the score your guild has on the server, these dudes doesn´t care about anything else than beating new bosses the fastes they can since its more points and more glory etc
    very exhausting or say pure stress playing in these guilds
    so this thread is all about one strategy to make things more comfortable
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ph33rm3 wrote: »
    Is this game really so hard that when some beats (allegedly) a dungeon it's such an event, it's worthy of it's own thread? Shouldn't beating a dungeon be commonplace? Especially for a well geared team?

*shakes head*

I've invested too much of my life into this game to turn back now. I feel bad for the new players. My only enjoyment now, is riding around in lower level zones helping others. (Not so much because I'm a good guy, but because being the hero makes my ego swell)

How broken the game is, when a simple thing until Mod 5 is now a world guiness record worthy thing and with no proof at all, that it was a legit run, with no hocus pocus.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?925591-Epic-GWD-Conquered-by-Win-or-Lose-We-Booze!/page5

My comment there. Overall i don't like people and guildes, who are showing off, it's not a gentleman style.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• nasfaelnasfael Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    there are thousands off mmorpg-guilds taken f.e. WOW, where its all about "First Kills" and the score your guild has on the server, these dudes doesn´t care about anything else than beating new bosses the fastes they can since its more points and more glory etc
    very exhausting or say pure stress playing in these guilds
    so this thread is all about one strategy to make things more comfortable

That's where I come from, lot of years ago, founded and co-leaded a raid guild during the early Everquest days, by then having a blog showing your exploits was the visit card of any successful guild.

That was good times, MMO player base was quite different than nowadays (or maybe it's me who became older...), but never would I invest that much time and energy in a videogame anymore, EQ needed a real collective effort to succeed, and life was like I was leading a elite sport team every night.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    post made me chuckled by ph33rm3.
    the score of 1 to 10, i give perfect 10! congratz :)
    edited May 2015
    nasfael wrote: »
    That's where I come from, lot of years ago, founded and co-leaded a raid guild during the early Everquest days, by then having a blog showing your exploits was the visit card of any successful guild.

That was good times, MMO player base was quite different than nowadays (or maybe it's me who became older...), but never would I invest that much time and energy in a videogame anymore, EQ needed a real collective effort to succeed, and life was like I was leading a elite sport team every night.

I was in elite sports, was in MTB sports and jumped out, cause elite sports means everywhere- nowadays sadly- cheating. So is this with these elitist guilds here, who polish their ranking board positions with huge exploits, so long i could write a bigger book, than Hobbit.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

edited May 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Not true. As a DC player I prefer healing a GF over an OP, they're much easier to take care of and have much more practice too, which helps. I'm also glad to invite HRs and GWFs too, as long as they can carry their own weight. SWs are welcome too. Why not? I've beaten T2s with various group comps and all it takes is dedicated people willing to learn the fight and to learn more about game mechanics in general.

Mate you can not learn, if people don't take your toon on a run, just cause you are one of the loser classes of this fantastic Mod.

Hell i waited over 50 mins in LFG for a team to be able to show my metal with my poor GWF, only classes needed are DC, GF/Pali and CW, end of line.

Oh yeah, i could have run with a guild, but sadly my 4th guild is now dead since Mod 6, so i may have to find a 5th.

BUT this shouldn't be so, in a DnD style game diversity should rule and no class should stay on the line waiting for others or matchmaking to allow them in.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• leafusleafus Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ph33rm3 wrote: »

*shakes head*

I completed a Kessels Retreat with a pug. Only used 15 major injury kits too. Took a little longer than 15 minutes. Haven't gone back since and won't do any dungeons either. They ruined queuing for anything with mod 6. Haven't spent another $ either on zen.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's not about gear it's about completing the game gradually and then learning the fights.

First do your campaign and gather all the boons. Get everything you can from solo content.
    Learn your class in the meanwhile.

Then go run some kessel skirmish and get rings/neck/belt lvl 70.
    Then start doing VT and ELoL, these dungeons are quite doable.

You don't need 405839939 HP, but a healer and a tank who know what they are doing. It's the only way to survive the high damage, there's no other way, it's al about teamwork and knowing the fights.
    No amount of gear will make you win current dungeons. Teamwork and knowledge/ skills, on the other hand, allow you to complete most of the content.

Yesterday completed eToS (T2) with a team that was in blue PvE gear from 1600 iLvL dungeons, and we didn't wipe not even once.
    Before that, my only other attempt was with a team much more geared, some players with elven armors and much better gear, but we wiped 5 times and gave up.

It's not gear, it's teamwork and everyone doing his own class job.
    That's why you can't do group content with pug groups, cause there most of the time you get players who do not care about teamwork and don't know the fights cause they have no real experience and never tried to play in a group.
    And with "play in a group" i mean with real teamwork and planning the fight, not 5 players pushing ahead with every member just doing what he wants.

Module 6 just requires organization, teamwork and building up knowledge about how each fight works.

My experience/ impression btw.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Since Mod 6
    edited May 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Somehow I seem unable to grasp the OPs point really

You took the words right out of my mouth.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If I ever beat a T2 you will hear about it
    edited May 2015
    urlord283 wrote: »
    If I ever beat a T2 you will hear about it

My point exactly. This game is broken.