test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF tanking

friedarmenianfriedarmenian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
So I roll through Epic Idris anytime I want a mindless dungeon run because, let's face it, there is no need for strategy there. Many times I look for one and seem to jump in right before the final boss. How, as a GWF do they expect me to tank the mobs? Somehow my butt seems to be constantly on the line and I only have one knockdown per 11 seconds. Hard to keep five Hulks at bay while I try to dps the boss. If your team doesn't know the classes, rest assured I AM NOT A TANK. I swing my telephone pole sized sword and swallow potions because I get everyone's aggro attention.

Anyone looking for a 10.5k DPS beast, call me!
Xbox one gamertag. FriedArmenian
Huh....I thought Ballsdeep was a location in Lord of the Rings.

Xbox Avatar=FriedArmenian
Level 60 GWF=Buckaroofury
Post edited by friedarmenian on

Comments

• lalashidoelalashidoe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    When you run into a horde of groups, the first thing you want to use is ''daring shout'', this marks all the mobs and gives you the center of attention. Considering you get 15% more damage against marked targets it's a very usefull way to play if you're a DPS build. If you want to keep the mobs on you for a while, use ''wicked strike'' to keep damaging them. Wicked strike also procs ''Destroyer'', which gives a lot more damage output.

if there's a CW who does way more damage you'll probably lose the adds anyway, but before the adds reach the CW they'll usually be dead.
  • goetzymamagoetzymama Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can off-tank ok in some situations, but not all :) I like playing my GWF. It definitely helps if there is a control wizard with growth, or a good cleric. I love the circle of life :)
    Yes, I'm female. No, you can't see my HAMSTER.

Level 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Caimeta
    Level 60 Guardian Fighter - Princess Clappy
    Level 60 Control Wizard - Rashenbo
    Next up... Butcher of Lock Love
    I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    CWs make everything easier. Give them time to cast and do what you can to keep aggro off of them and adds aren't a problem in the slightest. CWs are a must in any party, IMO.