test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

to everyone out there stop trying to face tank everything unless your a gf or pally.

blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvP Discussion
this message goes to everyone but esp trs your days of tanking everything in pvp is over stop doing it. i see time and time again trs trying to face tank enemies like gwfs and gfs and pallys and hrs and sw's stop doing it it doesnt work its not smart and its asking to be killed. its really easy to stun lock someone when there sitting still for you trying to just out dps you to survive longer. unless you have trans negation this tactic is very bad and not smart. any tips youd like to share please comment below.
Post edited by blackxxwolf3 on

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My GF can't even facetank a TR. They just ITC to negate my CC then murder me with DF.
  • thirty6chambersthirty6chambers Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sup.

I face tank everything on my CDub. Then again, only started doing it because my T. Negation made me lazy. Sorry.

Hit me up for some PvP ----> SORCERER SUPREME.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    so i dont attack cw with negation thanks for the info ( you said tanks:))
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015

XD that works too.
  • thirty6chambersthirty6chambers Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015

By all means, don't attack me! I prefer to go untouched as I nuke.

It would be a great change of pace since T. Negation is a free targeting reticle that says "Kill this guy".
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sup.

I face tank everything on my CDub. Then again, only started doing it because my T. Negation made me lazy. Sorry.

Hit me up for some PvP ----> SORCERER SUPREME.

I've seen you. Tabbed shield + T negation on a CW is absolutely ridiculous. Practically impossible to kill unless there's 4 of you chain stunning and ccing
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
    edited May 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    I've seen you. Tabbed shield + T negation on a CW is absolutely ridiculous. Practically impossible to kill unless there's 4 of you chain stunning and ccing
    unless your an hr. where they cant hit back sure it will take years to kill them cause of arm pen bug. but at least we kill them.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    unless your an hr. where they cant hit back sure it will take years to kill them cause of arm pen bug. but at least we kill them.

yeah haha. well I'm a GWF. so I see my IBS crit reduced to like 7-8k even with broken shield. haha
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
    edited May 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    yeah haha. well I'm a GWF. so I see my IBS crit reduced to like 7-8k even with broken shield. haha

ouch. yeah i get that. it sucks a bunch. hopefully theyll fix it.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    this message goes to everyone but esp trs your days of tanking everything in pvp is over stop doing it. i see time and time again trs trying to face tank enemies like gwfs and gfs and pallys and hrs and sw's stop doing it it doesnt work its not smart and its asking to be killed. its really easy to stun lock someone when there sitting still for you trying to just out dps you to survive longer. unless you have trans negation this tactic is very bad and not smart. any tips youd like to share please comment below.
    depends on the situation.

I like to get up in the face of people on my tr, in pvp. But I make sure itc is up or I am doing it from stealth. It isn't tough to get a 8 tick 10k+ duelists flurry bleed. So it is kind of just the opposite from my point of view- anything that is going to just stand there while I unload a full df into them 1v1 is just suicidal. I've had my sf pop while doing this against decent tanks, but it pops I hit itc and waters arty and am back in business at near full strength while they are down to almost nothing.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    depends on the situation.

I like to get up in the face of people on my tr, in pvp. But I make sure itc is up or I am doing it from stealth. It isn't tough to get a 8 tick 10k+ duelists flurry bleed. So it is kind of just the opposite from my point of view- anything that is going to just stand there while I unload a full df into them 1v1 is just suicidal. I've had my sf pop while doing this against decent tanks, but it pops I hit itc and waters arty and am back in business at near full strength while they are down to almost nothing.

And do you find that a TR is supposed to be able to facetank a fighter and win?

I don't think so.

Another proof that TR survivability is too much.

I see TRs facetanking often and the reason is they are immune while doing this or can just, as you say, unload a full df, get the damage and then roll away/ pop ITC/ get away with it easily.

Plain and simple, too many cheesy tools together on some builds that allow too much survivability.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    pando83 wrote: »
    And do you find that a TR is supposed to be able to facetank a fighter and win?

I don't think so.

Another proof that TR survivability is too much.

I see TRs facetanking often and the reason is they are immune while doing this or can just, as you say, unload a full df, get the damage and then roll away/ pop ITC/ get away with it easily.

Plain and simple, too many cheesy tools together on some builds that allow too much survivability.

I can't say what is right, just what is. This is a fairly broken game and between piercing damage, enchants that process over and over again or are just easy to exploit, majority of damage coming from passives and so on, you have people using what the game gives them, to do the best they can do to win.

One thing I will definitely agree with is that all of the things people complain about TRs are things the devs seem to feel are wai. That isn't right.