test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scourge Warlock Fury path creeping death

lordsied5lordsied5 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Nine Hells
Creeping death should proc from damage.Shouldn't need warlocks curse to activate creeping death. Sw should have a mini mechanic creeping death ,like targets take 10 percent of blablabla damage as necrotic damage over 6 seconds.Just like Cw can still do control and damage with either paths.When you pick fury the necrotic over time increases,but for the rest of the paths the class mechanic stays the same. Im not trying to make sw op but i think this is a good idea...sorry about my typing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i dont play sw often. but i agree completely with this. it seems kinda like a waste of time to have to put a curse on someone to stack creeping death. it would be great if it started right off the bat.
  • lordsied5lordsied5 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thank you :D
  • pycon929pycon929 Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2015
    Careful what you suggest towards SW improvements. They may nerf us again.
    edited May 2015
    lol i hope not :3
  • vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nah. CD mechanic is good as it is and interacts well with all-consuming curse.
    Just, you know.
    Make it 100% / 4 seconds instead of 60% / 8 sec.
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Actually it is not interacting at all with all-consuming curse. Lesser curses do not trigger creeping death, only the warlock's curse on tab. It's the only exception, all other powers that need a curse trigger from all types.
    And I don't know if it needs a damage increase, but it sure would be great if it could trigger off fire damage as well. We are warlocks, not necromancers...
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vaelynx wrote: »
    Nah. CD mechanic is good as it is and interacts well with all-consuming curse.
    Just, you know.
    Make it 100% / 4 seconds instead of 60% / 8 sec.

It does not, try it on dummies
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
    edited May 2015
    Actually it is not interacting at all with all-consuming curse. Lesser curses do not trigger creeping death, only the warlock's curse on tab. It's the only exception, all other powers that need a curse trigger from all types.
    And I don't know if it needs a damage increase, but it sure would be great if it could trigger off fire damage as well. We are warlocks, not necromancers...

why necromancer?
    edited May 2015
    lordsied5 wrote: »
    why necromancer?

I was thinking more along the lines of a "Blood Mage" archetype.
  • vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    denvald wrote: »
    It does not, try it on dummies

.... Derp.
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    pycon929 wrote: »
    Careful what you suggest towards SW improvements. They may nerf us again.

Slow casting, no dodge, buggy feats.
    Give me at least any other thing what dev could possible do in order make SW more crashed then it is now..
    In mod 5 sw where ok in pve and easy mark in pvp, only skilled guys where able to fight on pair with other classes.
    In mod 6 SW easy mark in pvp, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in pve. Tell me do SW have anything else to lose??? I think nop.

As creeping death.. U curse, cast warlock bargain, then DT or BoVA and u have it.. But its not good as it where in older patches..
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
    edited May 2015
    lordsied5 wrote: »
    why necromancer?

Because as a fury warlock all you ever use are your necrotic spells. Your fire spells are just much less effective. I find that very limiting.
    edited May 2015
    Because as a fury warlock all you ever use are your necrotic spells. Your fire spells are just much less effective. I find that very limiting.

is this joke???? Fire encounters have solid high damage. While necrotic encounters have smaller damage, but it do have extra effects. With necrotic encounters u stack creeping death, and when u build enough u can match fire encounters dps.. Buts since most encounters are CURSE CONSUME, u are forced use Warlock bargain as primary encounter and keep creeping death active, and with DT build stacks. Personally I ussed WB + DT + BoVA to stack this feat in mod 5, and I stack up to 180.

Also phoenix, Killing flame = fire enconter, arm of hadar also fire.. Only DT is one encounter who have bigger damage than other fire encounters..

in mod 6 I am furry hellbringer warlock and I skip creeping death... No point keep it. At least with my build and game style.

Best regards. Hades.
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

edited May 2015
    Maybe it's because I am soulbinder, but I would never take killing flames over soul scorch. Killing flames only does it's listed max damage at targets with almost no health left. And taking murderous flames would mean 5 less points for other feats.
    Everyone with the fury path uses warlock's bargain and dreadtheft. And what else would we use? Fiery bolt? Harrowstorm? Those are only good for trash mobs and you still wouldn't take wb and dt from your bar. Eldritch blast is dealing decent dps, but again it's useless for fury because blight hands and essence defiler get a 60% bonus through creeping death.
    No, I'd never go fury without creeping death and I'd never go creeping death without wb and dt plus one more necrotic spell. That's why all warlocks seem to be the same, there's just no room for variety.

I really would love it if they could just put the old accursed diabolist set bonus as the fury capstone. But that will never happen...
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Slow casting, no dodge, buggy feats.
    Give me at least any other thing what dev could possible do in order make SW more crashed then it is now..
    In mod 5 sw where ok in pve and easy mark in pvp, only skilled guys where able to fight on pair with other classes.
    In mod 6 SW easy mark in pvp, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in pve. Tell me do SW have anything else to lose??? I think nop.

As creeping death.. U curse, cast warlock bargain, then DT or BoVA and u have it.. But its not good as it where in older patches..

im not anti sw or anything but sw were GREAT in mod 5 pve.how do you think you guys got the nickname nuke?
    edited May 2015
    Maybe it's because I am soulbinder, but I would never take killing flames over soul scorch. Killing flames only does it's listed max damage at targets with almost no health left. And taking murderous flames would mean 5 less points for other feats.
    Everyone with the fury path uses warlock's bargain and dreadtheft. And what else would we use? Fiery bolt? Harrowstorm? Those are only good for trash mobs and you still wouldn't take wb and dt from your bar. Eldritch blast is dealing decent dps, but again it's useless for fury because blight hands and essence defiler get a 60% bonus through creeping death.
    No, I'd never go fury without creeping death and I'd never go creeping death without wb and dt plus one more necrotic spell. That's why all warlocks seem to be the same, there's just no room for variety.

I really would love it if they could just put the old accursed diabolist set bonus as the fury capstone. But that will never happen...

Well if u have soul scorch thats mean u are soulbinder. And I am hellbringer.

Well in mod 5 I had 3 encounter sets.

1) pve . BoVA + DT + KF
    2) pve/boss. WB + DT + KF
    3) Pvp Harrowstorm + KF + WB

In current mod 6

I go with
    pve Arm of hadar + DT + KF. (DT only 1 necrotic)
    for pvp. don't even bother go there anymore.

And funny thing happening with current life steal mechanic. Like I hit KF and vollia full HP restored.. XD way better than WB + DT.

Murderous flames 30% of killing flame damage split to close monsters. if there are non mobs arround. Primary target take all damage. i so countless times like I hit with KF and i did lets say big dmg, and mobs stay with little bit of Hp and bang he die. Due murderous flame..
    Also I prefer it because, DT is for clearing trashes, and KF for stronger monsters. Since arm of hadar is fire encounter I skip creeping death.

Accursed diabolic set.. A lot of SW used it. But I didn't. :P it didn't fit my game style.

Actually warlock encounters and feats where not good. but where OK for mod 5. But with current mod 6 its do not fit. Its almost look like developers dropping new stuffs in game, like trashes in bin and hopping all gona be OK.
    SW need more less rebuild, encounters need some slight changes, and feats rebuild from scratch.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    scip creeping death?
    no i use SS and it beats KF ten times if you can build your spark in fight
    boss encounter WB--> selfheal, DT defence stacks , Soul scorch heavy damage
    only problem I have is trash mobs
    even running T2 it takes short time to kill the mobs with a strong party, my dots sometimes even don´t began to tick, so my damage is bah
    doing trash it would probably be better using KF FS + Hadars hand, can´t say depends on the party and i have no points in HH and morderous flames since I took dark revelry (+20% movespeed and power to allies) as a strong party buff, KF was an option mod 5 but now I normally run trash WB DT + HS/BOVA (most time I can´t go infight), probabaly I will test firy bolt these days, but it gives no sparks and sparks are important using dust to dust effectively
    TT seems to be delayed and bugged most times, since it takes age before damage ticks
    if low dps its better with necrotic, but if mobs fall in few seconds cuas you have a CW or a GWF that nearly oneshots T2 mobs firedamage may be the better choice

PVP is ok being SB using HG HS and some other encounter , I really like Wraith shadow, so you hav 3 cc encounter with DOt damage very good on 1 vs 1 as long as no perma stealth TR comes along
    Hellbringer is a no go for PVP since no selfheal
    edited May 2015

This pretty much made my day. Thanx ^^
    edited May 2015
    im not anti sw or anything but sw were GREAT in mod 5 pve.how do you think you guys got the nickname nuke?
    Nickname nuke is myth. Its keep since first patch where warlock where added to game and players so warlocks TT daily power. Since that all calls SW as nuke. While CW doing same or more dps.
    If SW is nuke, the CW is ultra thermo nuke bomb... Also this so called NUKE have no avoid/dodge/block mechanic and forced to eat all incoming hits like it would be close range combat character..... Even couple days ago I read in chat that some CW's called SW OP and SW should get nerf.

scip creeping death?
    no i use SS and it beats KF ten times if you can build your spark in fight
    boss encounter WB--> selfheal, DT defence stacks , Soul scorch heavy damage
    only problem I have is trash mobs
    even running T2 it takes short time to kill the mobs with a strong party, my dots sometimes even don´t began to tick, so my damage is bah
    doing trash it would probably be better using KF FS + Hadars hand, can´t say depends on the party and i have no points in HH and morderous flames since I took dark revelry (+20% movespeed and power to allies) as a strong party buff, KF was an option mod 5 but now I normally run trash WB DT + HS/BOVA (most time I can´t go infight), probabaly I will test firy bolt these days, but it gives no sparks and sparks are important using dust to dust effectively
    TT seems to be delayed and bugged most times, since it takes age before damage ticks
    if low dps its better with necrotic, but if mobs fall in few seconds cuas you have a CW or a GWF that nearly oneshots T2 mobs firedamage may be the better choice

PVP is ok being SB using HG HS and some other encounter , I really like Wraith shadow, so you hav 3 cc encounter with DOt damage very good on 1 vs 1 as long as no perma stealth TR comes along

Well u are Soulbinder, I am Hellbringer. So naturally our builds are different. Hellbringer more offensive, Soulbinder more survivalbility.

As for peoples who say that in mod 5 Sw where bad, are morrons. I could dance with 2 rogues in same time and they both lay dead. I could fight against GWF without sweating. Only Rangers where some pain in ***. As for Rogues, they all move in same template ways. Also TR do not require any skills, easy gameplay. I had enough domination fights where on top by kills, assist. I remember even one kinda funny domination fight.. 3 from my team skipped fight, because other team had 2 Rogues, 1 CW 1 DC and 1 GWF.
    SO me as SW, and 1 rogues which usually stay away from fight. We win battle. How? Simply I annihilated enemy gang XD Too bad I didn't record that fight..

Simply SW is hardest character in game when comes pvp, and now in mod 6 pve.
    Gustave Le Bon.