test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do I heal?

xalabixalabi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Citadel
Which encounters do OP use to heal in Dungeons?

Divine touch seems to give really high healing numbers, so I was thinking Divine touch/Cleansing touch/Bond of Virtue would be best, does anyone think differently?

Any other tip for beginner OPs trying to heal dungeons?
Post edited by xalabi on

Comments

• Options
    pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you can't take the time to read the tooltips, you shouldn't play the game. Tooltips for the OP are very straightforward, which is rare.
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Divine Touch and Cleansing touch would tend to overheal. I'd suggest trying Bond of Virtue and Vow of Emnity for a constant stream of small heals to the entire team. Cleansing Touch is good if anyone requires a burst heal or needs to break free from a hold. Note that Cleansing Touch can always be cast: even when you are CC'd or proned. Bond of Virtue will do all the heavy lifting for you, provided your teammates don't scatter around too much. Even though the 60' is huge, I've had people run out of it.

However, after you become more adapt at keeping your party going, the third encounter slot is probably best used for more utility encounters like Bane, which increases your party's damage by a lot (when casted on the mob. It's potential is wasted when you cast it on a teammate) or even Blinding Light, to provide a bit of CC yourself. BL even heals.

After a bit you'll find even having Bond of Virtue active with Cure Wounds at-will will be sufficient for trash encounters. You wont be hitting the mobs yourself, just standing off to the side and healing your tank with Cure Wounds. Our damage is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-poor anyway, and you more than make up for it by having Aura of Courage slotted. Also, the heal you receive when activating Sanctuary, our block, gets spread around by Bond of Virtue. It's actually a great heal, and can provide a bit of DR for your teammates if they are in the blue circle.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you can't take the time to read the tooltips, you shouldn't play the game. Tooltips for the OP are very straightforward, which is rare.

Yes, because tooltips are totally the same as the experience of Devotion OP's that have already run dungeons. Oh, wait, it's not.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Hmm, somehow I don't think the tooltips are sufficient. For example:

Divine Touch:
    (Melee, 15' Blast, 10s cooldown) Deal heavy Radiant damage to all foes in an area around the target.
    Oath of Devotion: Allies near the target are healed as well.

Smite:
    Smash a target, igniting them with holy fire for 15 seconds. They burn so hot that enemies within 15' of them are also damaged by this effect.
    Oath of Devotion: Allies near the target are healed as well.

From the tooltips I cant tell which heals more. Experience tells me Smite barely heals at all, while divine touch heals people from near death to full health in 1 hit....

Anyhow I just wanted to hear what other people say, start a discussion. No reason to be so hostile.
  • Options
    jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    xalabi wrote: »
    Anyhow I just wanted to hear what other people say, start a discussion. No reason to be so hostile.

People are very hostile in here, especially when you ask for help/build suggestion, so many PGM here telling you to do your own testings and stuff.
    Anyway, you want Vow of enmity for boss encounters, the aoe heals (the circle one that heals constantly, can't check the name as the server is down) and third one is up to you/what your team may need, cleansing is nice for the heal/high temp hp).
    And for the angry mob: the tooltip for paladins are just as awful as for other classes. I had to go to preview to test skills and avoid respeccing badly ; the shielding skill, it can't even shield dread ring mobs dmg for more than a sec, totally useless.
    Divine touch : heavy radiant damage = 1k aoe dmg at lvl70, best misleading tool tip ever.
    If you don't wanna help get out, hug a tree, whatever.
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jharlis wrote: »
    People are very hostile in here, especially when you ask for help/build suggestion, so many PGM here telling you to do your own testings and stuff.

Quite agreed, jharlis. Inexperienced players get abused in zone chat ("stfu and check the forums") and then they bring legitimate questions here and get screeched at? I'm sorry, but are we wasting someone's precious electrons by offering advice instead of scorn?

I try to be helpful in my own limited way and I always appreciate it when persons of a more detail-oriented bent bring their expertise to bear on complex issues. Vicious dismissive attacks have no place here.
  • Options
    s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jaegernl wrote: »
    Divine Touch and Cleansing touch would tend to overheal. I'd suggest trying Bond of Virtue and Vow of Emnity for a constant stream of small heals to the entire team. Cleansing Touch is good if anyone requires a burst heal or needs to break free from a hold. Note that Cleansing Touch can always be cast: even when you are CC'd or proned. Bond of Virtue will do all the heavy lifting for you, provided your teammates don't scatter around too much. Even though the 60' is huge, I've had people run out of it.

However, after you become more adapt at keeping your party going, the third encounter slot is probably best used for more utility encounters like Bane, which increases your party's damage by a lot (when casted on the mob. It's potential is wasted when you cast it on a teammate) or even Blinding Light, to provide a bit of CC yourself. BL even heals.

After a bit you'll find even having Bond of Virtue active with Cure Wounds at-will will be sufficient for trash encounters. You wont be hitting the mobs yourself, just standing off to the side and healing your tank with Cure Wounds. Our damage is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-poor anyway, and you more than make up for it by having Aura of Courage slotted. Also, the heal you receive when activating Sanctuary, our block, gets spread around by Bond of Virtue. It's actually a great heal, and can provide a bit of DR for your teammates if they are in the blue circle.

One of the best things I've done while leveling was go out and buy a companion. Healadin was MADE for using a companion (not that you will use one in dungeons, you have party members so dont forget your augment). Because of my companion I have gotten some experience with how the different encounters work.

Here's some advice.

1. Bond of Virtue is always going to be on your bar. It's just one of your core abilities. You can lock this into a slot (when partied) and never look back.

2. Cleansing touch is situational. If you're in a dungeon with a lot of CC (like ToS) then sure, slot it and use it when necessary but IMO this should be a third slot kind of thing.

3. Dont forget Healadins have the at-will heal.

4. Divine Touch (iirc is the melee based AoE encounter?) heals a massive amount. I've had heals of over 60k per ally. It's problem tho, is you have to be hitting an enemy to get the heal. This would be my 2nd Encounter as long as I can handle getting into melee range. I would swap this with Banishment if I cant reliably take the hits.

5. I quoted the above because I question this one, to me Bane is phenomenal. It will decrease defense on a mob OR it will increase Dmg AND DR on an Ally. During trash mobs put this on your #1 dmg dealer. During boss fights, put it on boss. I would swap this in and out with Cleansing touch for your third encounter.
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I did end up with Bond of Virtue/Bane/Vow of Enmity on many of my healing dungeon runs, which has the following side-effects:

1) Recovery is meaningless. While the Light feat tree seems to suggest recovery would be important for us with 2 feats improving it, and "restoration" sets having it as well, since 2 of our encounters are always on, and bane doesn't really need a lower CD, recovery is pretty much a deadweight for healing like this.

2) "Divine call energy" (for tab ability) is regenerated extremely slowly, especially noticeable if you die and get resurrected (which resets your energy to 0). With just at-wills you're unlikely to even get a single charge back up during that battle, and none of the encounters I mentioned build any divine call energy back. This means that the light capstone is rarely used in long fights. Makes me wonder if it's even needed.

3) Most healing comes from Bond of Virtue. I'm not sure if it triggers heals due to other player's life-steal, or if it only reflects and amplifies heals from "vow of enmity". Healing seems to be something that just happens around me rather than something I do. Just drop vow of enmity on a foe that's gonna be attacked alot, keep the bond up, and try not to die. Healing occurs automatically in the background.
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    xalabi wrote: »
    3) Most healing comes from Bond of Virtue. I'm not sure if it triggers heals due to other player's life-steal, or if it only reflects and amplifies heals from "vow of enmity". Healing seems to be something that just happens around me rather than something I do. Just drop vow of enmity on a foe that's gonna be attacked alot, keep the bond up, and try not to die. Healing occurs automatically in the background.

My pally end up same as this point, vow of entimy + virtue done all the job, cleansing touch use for emergency or break feel from boss cc, than rest of time keep myself alive and ensure my teammate or tank under my range so my aura of live can be use as soulforge.

Divine touch is a good healing encounter, i think its more for solo or pvp, i don't want to get close to the mobs where i may instantly dead by their aoe attack.

blind also is a good healing encounter too, but its slow to activate and getting unnecessary aggro
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Bond of Virtue, healing touch, sacred weapon. Switch HT or SW to vow of enmity for boss fights.