test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Common cause" quest problem

titi227titi227 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
First of all, no idea if this is the right place to post this, if it is not i would nicely ask for this to be moved to the right section.

For the few last days, I cannot receive the mini-dungeon quest from the Tyranny of Dragons lower level zones campaign (quests like Mithral Mine, Ghost Stories etc.). I receive this quest inside the Common Cause bigger quest, can complete it but i cannot receive it separately (used to before this patch). Is this happening for anyone else? Am I doing something wrong?

This is important for me, as this quest was the one which gave Dragon Sigils as rewards, and these sigils are needed to further advance in the campaign.
Post edited by titi227 on

Comments

• kahfakahfa Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    check your quests, see if you missed doing a quest, today's quests won't show up unless you still have the past quests active, you can either do them or abandon them.
    Misfits
  • titi227titi227 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kahfa wrote: »
    check your quests, see if you missed doing a quest, today's quests won't show up unless you still have the past quests active, you can either do them or abandon them.

No other quests, my quest log was empty. Happened both today and yesterday, with different quests in different zones. I can do the quest as part of Common Cause, I just cannot take it separately :( and some people in my group said they had the same problem... was wondering if it is indeed a problem, if it is acknowledged and if we can do anything about it. Thanks for your answer though :)
  • wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I wonder if it's related to the issue where the question mark isn't showing over some of the npc's heads at times. I'd try talking to each WoD npc in PE, even if there is no "Question Mark" showing.
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've had an issue with the exclamation point icon not appearing above the quest givers for two of those dungeons. I believe one is the one in Whispering Caverns, the other was... Uhh. Hm. Mithral Mine, I believe? The ice one. If I go talk to the NPCs that normally give them, they'll have them. Have you tried that?
  • dragon20rodragon20ro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Make sure you talk to everyone near the Common Cause quest giver. There are 5 persons there, even the guy standing on the box behind the quest giver. They DO NOT have quest signs over them but always give quests. I think this is what you missed.
  • titi227titi227 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh, this might be it, i'll give it a try tomorrow guys and see how it goes and if it's fixed. Odd though, as I've did those quests before and it always was a question mark. I've spoken with only 3 people near the quest giver, might have missed a few. Thanks for the help :)

* Mithral Mine was the quest for today
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, the question mark issue is something I've only started noticing recently, also.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The quest markers are missing because the quests are flagged as level 60 - the level that you can begin doing the lair quests - so if you are ~65 or higher no quest marker will be visible (same as if you wanted to finish quests in Mt. Hotenow: you'd have to talk to NPCs to see if they have quests for you).

You don't need to talk to every NPC by Harper Broward; just read the Common Cause text and talk to the NPC associated with that area (Preceptor Theraclast for Ebon Downs, etc.).
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    titi227 wrote: »
    * Mithral Mine was the quest for today

There are 4 persons. One sits next to Harper. One behind the bench table. One in front of the bench table. One sits by the fire.
    For Mithral Mine, you need to talk to the guy in front of the bench table.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***