test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lesser Dragon's Hoard Enchantment

guruoftimeguruoftime Member Posts: 52
Are these necessary for completing the % in the Campaign? This is where I am at right now.
If it isn't, is it worth investing extra Campaign currency to get the enchantments?
Are the Refining Stones it drops for the Artifact weapons?
Any and all information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by guruoftime on

Comments

• obliviouslusterobliviousluster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    guruoftime wrote: »
    Are these necessary for completing the % in the Campaign? This is where I am at right now.
    If it isn't, is it worth investing extra Campaign currency to get the enchantments?
    Are the Refining Stones it drops for the Artifact weapons?
    Any and all information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Nope. However, they are very useful for gathering refining items like pearls/aquamarines/peridots. You only have to finish assisting each of the clans to max to get 100%, then you can unlock SoT and LoL. If you have extra campaign items, go ahead and get a dragon hoard enchantment or two~ They honestly proc often as long as you're the one getting the killing blow. The refining stones can be used to upgrade all artifact equipment- though some say they are better suited to a particular type.

For the sake of knowledge for those who wish to know:

Enchantments/Runestones: Can be used to upgrade Artifacts like Lantern of Revelation and Belial's Portal Stone.

Gems (Pearls/Aquamarines/Peridots/Blood Ruby): Can be used to upgrade all Artifacts- including artifact equipment.

Stones (Resonance Stones): Can be used to upgrade all Artifacts. Some will mention they are better suited to upgrade a certain artifact over others. (I.E. A stone can give 500 refinement for one type of artifact, but may give 2500 refinement to another)

Shard Enchantments (Shard of Holy Avenger/Blood Theft/ etc.): Can either be refined into an enchantment or used to refine Artifacts such as Lantern of Revelation and Belial's Portal Stone.

Hope this helps~ :)
    Walk on wandering souls
    For your respite we pray
    Let our humble song clear your hearts of dismay,
    Rekindle the flame in your souls and set you free
    So walk on and become the light that guides the way~
  • guruoftimeguruoftime Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2015
    Nope. However, they are very useful for gathering refining items like pearls/aquamarines/peridots. You only have to finish assisting each of the clans to max to get 100%, then you can unlock SoT and LoL. If you have extra campaign items, go ahead and get a dragon hoard enchantment or two~ They honestly proc often as long as you're the one getting the killing blow. The refining stones can be used to upgrade all artifact equipment- though some say they are better suited to a particular type.

For the sake of knowledge for those who wish to know:

Enchantments/Runestones: Can be used to upgrade Artifacts like Lantern of Revelation and Belial's Portal Stone.

Gems (Pearls/Aquamarines/Peridots/Blood Ruby): Can be used to upgrade all Artifacts- including artifact equipment.

Stones (Resonance Stones): Can be used to upgrade all Artifacts. Some will mention they are better suited to upgrade a certain artifact over others. (I.E. A stone can give 500 refinement for one type of artifact, but may give 2500 refinement to another)

Shard Enchantments (Shard of Holy Avenger/Blood Theft/ etc.): Can either be refined into an enchantment or used to refine Artifacts such as Lantern of Revelation and Belial's Portal Stone.

Hope this helps~ :)

Helps immensely!
    Thanks for the great detail and friendly response!
  • rrdklrrdkl Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A quick tip.. i have seperate gear set w 4 hoard ench. Total i put on when not doing harder runs. 4% is better than 1!
  • valkyria9001valkyria9001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you look at an artifact it will tell you what stones work better with what example Artifact of Union works well with union stones. Though one thing I dont think is mentioned on gear is Resonance, but resonance stones help a lot with artifact equipment mentioned above like the artifact weapons and belts. I'm at 8% on dragon hoard enchantments at the moment and will say they drop nearly every time the cooldown resets (30 seconds) the list is:
    White Pearl: 100
    Peridot: 500
    Aquamarine: 1500
    Flawless Sapphire: 5000
    Blood Opal: 10000
    Minor Resonance stone: 100 or 500 on Artifact Equipment
    Lesser Resonance stone:500 or 2500 on Artifact Equipment

Hope that helps too. Otherwise another useful website to use is - http://neverwinter.wikia.com/wiki/Neverwinter_Wiki

but related to question - Only the "assist the" count towards campaign % the rest is optional

Edit: I should also mention when it comes to refining artifact equipment it's not just gems or stones that work, also level 60 gear for example a level 60 green item will give you 100 and a level 60 blue will give you 300, level 60 epic will give you 600 though it doubles if it's the same slot, so if you use a level 60 mainhand epic on a mainhand artifact equipment you get around 1200 refining points instead.
  • brandonv516brandonv516 Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2015
    Edit: I should also mention when it comes to refining artifact equipment it's not just gems or stones that work, also level 60 gear for example a level 60 green item will give you 100 and a level 60 blue will give you 300, level 60 epic will give you 600 though it doubles if it's the same slot, so if you use a level 60 mainhand epic on a mainhand artifact equipment you get around 1200 refining points instead.

And I will expand on this. They cannot be greens you get from treasure bags (from turning in the various zone currencies), blues or greens that you craft, or blues or greens that you purchase in the AH. Therefore they must be looted and identified (if not already).

I was going to buy hundreds of blue pact blades (give about 500-600 RP) and they are cheap, but this idea was thrown out the window lol.
  • quaffliciousquafflicious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This enchant is by far the best to have in your utility slots as getting an artifact to legendary is far more important than getting more gold/xp/glory.
  • liefglindeliefglinde Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And I will expand on this. They cannot be greens you get from treasure bags (from turning in the various zone currencies), blues or greens that you craft, or blues or greens that you purchase in the AH. Therefore they must be looted and identified (if not already).

I was going to buy hundreds of blue pact blades (give about 500-600 RP) and they are cheap, but this idea was thrown out the window lol.

Wait what? I've been buying blues off the AH for the past week and they've all gone straight toward my artifact belt. They work just fine.
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    these single handedly will be the most important investment you will ever have in neverwinter. you can get anything from black opals to aquamarines to lesser resonance stones to pearls to peridots and all of them can go into either artifact equipment or artifacts themselves. save all your rp as much as you can and hopefully theyll have a double rp event on xbone you can use them in and youll be set. if not just wait a few weeks of gathering and use them all at once its nice to see the outcome.
  • quaffliciousquafflicious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    these single handedly will be the most important investment you will ever have in neverwinter. you can get anything from black opals to aquamarines to lesser resonance stones to pearls to peridots and all of them can go into either artifact equipment or artifacts themselves. save all your rp as much as you can and hopefully theyll have a double rp event on xbone you can use them in and youll be set. if not just wait a few weeks of gathering and use them all at once its nice to see the outcome.

^ This! Everyone needs to do this.
    edited May 2015
    liefglinde wrote: »
    Wait what? I've been buying blues off the AH for the past week and they've all gone straight toward my artifact belt. They work just fine.

Please test this on an artifact weapon. I should have clarified. The ones I purchase don't even show up in the item selection under refinement, even though they are in my inventory.
    edited May 2015
    Please test this on an artifact weapon. I should have clarified. The ones I purchase don't even show up in the item selection under refinement, even though they are in my inventory.
    there supposed to are they lvl 60? the blues i mean.
    edited May 2015
    there supposed to are they lvl 60? the blues i mean.

Yep. I'll double check later just for the sake of it. Here I was thinking this was the norm lol.
    edited May 2015
    Yep. I'll double check later just for the sake of it. Here I was thinking this was the norm lol.

XD if they are lvl 60 and it isnt accepting them write a support ticket and a bug report they can help you the best it might jsut be an account thing or artifact thing that can be fixed real fast. btw using blues isnt a very good way to do it. the ad your using ads up after awhile i reccomend saving your ad like its running out of style cause it will.these double ad things wont last forever and the rich people with ad will hoard it all till they control the economy do you want to be controlled or be a controller?

its your choice im jsut saying whats happened on the pc will most likely happen on the xbox. the best way is lesser dragons hoard enchants. use that as your primary source of rp the use any and all enchants you pick up for your artifacts. thats what ive learned.
    edited May 2015
    XD if they are lvl 60 and it isnt accepting them write a support ticket and a bug report they can help you the best it might jsut be an account thing or artifact thing that can be fixed real fast. btw using blues isnt a very good way to do it. the ad your using ads up after awhile i reccomend saving your ad like its running out of style cause it will.these double ad things wont last forever and the rich people with ad will hoard it all till they control the economy do you want to be controlled or be a controller?

its your choice im jsut saying whats happened on the pc will most likely happen on the xbox. the best way is lesser dragons hoard enchants. use that as your primary source of rp the use any and all enchants you pick up for your artifacts. thats what ive learned.

Thank you for the advice. I'm going to pick up a couple of those over the next week as I've heard they proc a lot.
    edited May 2015
    Thank you for the advice. I'm going to pick up a couple of those over the next week as I've heard they proc a lot.

awesome! one more thing i forgot. theres a 30 sec icd between drops.
  • justxthextipjustxthextip Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    was using 2 1%'s in two utility slots (didnt want to lose more movement than that) and it was a noticeable drop rate, Ive since replaced the 2 1%'s with 2 2%'s and basically every other group of 5-6 enemies seems to drop @ least a peridot, seeing more aquamarine's and lesser resonance stones than before as well. Great investment, and when doing dailies the return starts to show immensely.
  • tellistorterratellistorterra Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    was using 2 1%'s in two utility slots (didnt want to lose more movement than that) and it was a noticeable drop rate, Ive since replaced the 2 1%'s with 2 2%'s and basically every other group of 5-6 enemies seems to drop @ least a peridot, seeing more aquamarine's and lesser resonance stones than before as well. Great investment, and when doing dailies the return starts to show immensely.

long story short, i should save AD to buy more off the AH since i am not that far in the campaign yet. and when i am, invest in more? XD
  • silensphoenixsilensphoenix Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015

As an avid DHoard Enchant user, I simply must agree with him. I run solo for everything except dungeons and helping friends level. I try to leave a very bloody path behind me on my way to wherever I'm going. Over the last two weeks, I have managed to accrue 20 opals, 50 sapphires, 120 aquamarines, 200+ peridots, and uncountable stacks of pearls and both types of resonance stones.

I will be the first to admit that I've been very lucky with these drops and that I've more or less forced the RNG to drop stuff at times, through sheer numbers of kills, but merely having a few of these in your utility slots will really help with refining stuff. Once you hit 60, I highly suggest you drop everything else and slot as many DHoard enchants as you can get your hands on.
    edited May 2015
    As an avid DHoard Enchant user, I simply must agree with him. I run solo for everything except dungeons and helping friends level. I try to leave a very bloody path behind me on my way to wherever I'm going. Over the last two weeks, I have managed to accrue 20 opals, 50 sapphires, 120 aquamarines, 200+ peridots, and uncountable stacks of pearls and both types of resonance stones.

I will be the first to admit that I've been very lucky with these drops and that I've more or less forced the RNG to drop stuff at times, through sheer numbers of kills, but merely having a few of these in your utility slots will really help with refining stuff. Once you hit 60, I highly suggest you drop everything else and slot as many DHoard enchants as you can get your hands on.

Now you wouldn't happen to have any spare DHoard Enchantments, now would ya? XD loljk
  • mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Gear crafted from professions are not able to be refined. You more than likely purchased items that other players have crafted.
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
    edited May 2015
    mrtehpuppy wrote: »
    Gear crafted from professions are not able to be refined. You more than likely purchased items that other players have crafted.

This would explain it.
  • liefglindeliefglinde Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've gotta say that these enchants are very frustrating to use on Clerics (and, I imagine, GFs). I ran with a CW friend who had 2% chance while I had 4%. He found 5 items while I didn't find any, and I assume that's because I wasn't really directly killing enemies. I wish that the game would take into account the fact that not all classes are meant to rack up kills.
  • mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've gotta say that these enchants are very frustrating to use on Clerics (and, I imagine, GFs). I ran with a CW friend who had 2% chance while I had 4%. He found 5 items while I didn't find any, and I assume that's because I wasn't really directly killing enemies. I wish that the game would take into account the fact that not all classes are meant to rack up kills.

I too ran into this dilemma (currently have 6% worth of Dragon Hoard). Best way around it is to try to get away with slotting Daunting Light and throwing that down a few times when stuff is almost dead. If you're having trouble healing while running DL I'd recommend picking up the MH armor set, it'll help you out if your struggling. OR you can just solo stuff to farm refining stones.

Regardless of that little workaround though, I agree, classes not focused on DPS get shafted by the dragon hoard mechanics. I say we riot.
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
  • friedarmenianfriedarmenian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My return on investment has been exploding since getting a second hoard to 2%. All I do is trash mobs in icewind Dale heading to the Dragon or the zone with all the zombies wandering aimlessly. Being a GWF allows me to stand in the pile and Two wide swings produces oodles of refinement. At least a drop per pile of six enemies feels like.
    Huh....I thought Ballsdeep was a location in Lord of the Rings.

Xbox Avatar=FriedArmenian
    Level 60 GWF=Buckaroofury
    edited May 2015
    My return on investment has been exploding since getting a second hoard to 2%. All I do is trash mobs in icewind Dale heading to the Dragon or the zone with all the zombies wandering aimlessly. Being a GWF allows me to stand in the pile and Two wide swings produces oodles of refinement. At least a drop per pile of six enemies feels like.

Are you talking about PC? because i can't access Icewind Dale on Xbox One
    edited May 2015
    Oh that feeling when an Opal drops...in all its purple glory!
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, those classes will suffer in groups because you have to get the killing blow to trigger the Dragon's Hoard, but you should still be able to farm refining stones when running solo. In fact, I like farming them solo anyway even though I'm a TR. I just go to Whispering Caverns and run loops killing everything for 30 mins to an hour and get a whole bunch of refinement stones.
    Oh that feeling when an Opal drops...in all its purple glory!
    I get really excited when those drop in dungeons. I always think it's gear at first... but it's just an Opal. Still great, but I still feel a little let down when I find out it's not an epic gear drop.
    edited May 2015
    ^isn't an Opal more worth it that an epic gear. wait scratch that... epic gear = more AD..
  • beoshabeosha Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ^isn't an Opal more worth it that an epic gear. wait scratch that... epic gear = more AD..
    I don't think it matters. All the drops from the dragon hoard enchantments are bound to your account, so you're not going to be selling them. They're free RP, and that's it.
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    beosha wrote: »
    They're free RP, and that's it.
    That's plenty. Since I slotted my Dragon's Hoard enchantment I'm starting to feel like I might actually be able to get my artifacts to legendary before I die. It seemed almost impossible to do it before.