test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

First dungeon experience after 1600 rating

unangwataunangwata Member Posts: 183 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvE Discussion
So my GF finally got 1600 rating and got ready to do first epic dungeon. I put tanking powers into my bar and que into dungeon. Got 80k hp, not much and my DR sucks, twice lower than i used to have at 60.
I see first group of monsters, since i'm tank i'm going to attack. I used Lunging Strike (adds 50% more damage resistance for 3 sec) and... BAM i am dead in 1 sec.. didn't even have time to press Shift to block.. and doesn't look like extra 50% damage resistance helped either.
I said 'goodbye' politely and left the group. I guess that's it with tanking for me.
Post edited by unangwata on

Comments

• Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Welcome to mod 6 ... get used to it :)
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lol I hear you man!

That was EXACTLY what I've saw when I first went into T1 after hitting 70 - and I was kinda prepared reading about the dungeon diff. on the forums.
    You need to seriously change your way of thinking going to Mod 6 dungeons. As a GF you DON'T want to aggro everything, this will kill you in nanoseconds without a serious protection from your DC or a controller.

But stay in there man...it will get better as you progress with the gear and everything.
    It's hard at the beginning but over time you will adapt and it will be challenging...but not impossible.

Now T2's...well, that's a whole different story lol
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Unless playing MMOs is innate knowledge you'll die many times before becoming a good, skilled player. Giving up or not is up to you though.
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I see this happen quite frequently actually when I queue for random dungeon groups, especially in Kessel's for some reason.

I usually play a cleric or CW, but the best tanks I've seen always wait for the group before launching an attack, and when they do start to engage the enemies, they invariably have their shield up until they can launch a safe attack i.e. either when the empowered astral shield is up, or the mobs are frozen or stunned so that they don't retaliate, or there is a break in their attack.

However, good tanks do keep aggro well, don't let themselves get surrounded by mobs (avoids their combat advantage), step out of red zones, and are able to absorb a few hits here and there so that the cleric can heal them.

The buffs/debuffs from your encounter powers and from the party can go a long way as well.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    recommended gear level for a dungeon is ~min req x 1.5
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Avoid suicide rush in first place, dead tank has no use.

Reckless GF playstyle is more likely to work with Devotion OP healer which can perma heal with Cure Wounds at 100k+ hps rate. Bonding/Echo heal mechanics allow OP healer focus almost exclusively the tank. Still burst kill, unless Steel Defence is active, no healer in world can prevent it.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• Options
    edited May 2015
    actually dying on pulling aint that bad, after that mobs are ccd to death and tank is not really needed :D its just the first second so ppl can set up their cc train
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    We'll if you're a tank - these days - and are rushing ahead to grab aggro and than kill yourself in seconds, than yeah...:)
    One should always wait for the other team members, it's a party, team play - none should play as rambo :D

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Another thing is - I would LOVE to get a dual spec option. Boy that would be almost too good to be true lol
    Having a Conq all DPS one for solo play, and a turtle Tact/Protector spec for dungeon crawl would be just amazing !

I'm willing to donate a chocolate cake if anyone can do stuff like that :cool:

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    kemi1984 wrote: »
    Another thing is - I would LOVE to get a dual spec option. Boy that would be almost too good to be true lol
    Having a Conq all DPS one for solo play, and a turtle Tact/Protector spec for dungeon crawl would be just amazing !

I'm willing to donate a chocolate cake if anyone can do stuff like that :cool:

ppl are asking for it since alpha :D

but if they added it then they would sell less respecs
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Silence !!!!! I still want one :cool:

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    recommended gear level for a dungeon is ~min req x 1.5

That's impossible.
    GWD only had 8k GS requirement, yet everyone wanted 15-20k+.
    Your equation is wrong.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    That's impossible.
    Your equation is wrong.

legit never required such ridiculousness..

you could even do these at 8 gs.. but frankly it was almost impossible to have less then ten even on new players back in mod 4/5.

The old t1s were quite doable by any class combination in the 12k range.. those people who wanted tons and tons of gear score wanted to also run to campfires and skip all content to just get to the end to farm it.
  • Options
    ravenanravenan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Few tips.

Before starting pulling use ITF to move faster and buff team. Mark and shield up. When all mobs do there attack you can sse Fighters Recovery and ET to get agro and heal up. Party may go in and you shield up. Always face mobs in other direction than your party.

When u are using KV you must rotate mobs to the position when u are on 1 side mobs in middle facing you, and party on other side. Always facing your party becouse when some1 behind u get hit u will go down from kv hiting you in the back.
    Main : GF - Lord Kruk
    Steel and Magic
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    That's impossible.
    Your equation is wrong.

i stated recommended, not what some morons(many of them now crying about mod6 difficulty) were asking.

it was doable @ required gear level, but at 1.5 it was whats needed for an efficient run without stress. ofc later a bunch of other bonuses were added that dont affect gearscore so it was even easier
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    harlokjaiharlokjai Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I basically just want to ask, is there any penalties for partying with someone who is higher level than me?

I can't actually post a new thread, any idea why? My character is only lvl 8, is that too low to post in forum?
  • Options
    pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There will be many deaths between 1600-2500ish to start out with, but they are passable. Good Luck!
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • Options
    estilioestilio Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am amazed by the posts. The community excepts this kind of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> game play? Don't get me wrong I like the game but DPS race encounters are silly and frustrating. Don't have a gear score rating of 1600 if you die instantly. The community should not except this. Don't comment about how it works for you if your already well established with gear and everything you need to survive. I just started playing and have a gear score of 1778 which is enough to do the instance. I have 95,000 hit points and I die in one hit every time. Game is broken.
    ÆSTIL
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    estilio wrote: »
    I am amazed by the posts. The community excepts this kind of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> game play? Don't get me wrong I like the game but DPS race encounters are silly and frustrating. Don't have a gear score rating of 1600 if you die instantly. The community should not except this. Don't comment about how it works for you if your already well established with gear and everything you need to survive. I just started playing and have a gear score of 1778 which is enough to do the instance. I have 95,000 hit points and I die in one hit every time. Game is broken.

Don't get hit then.
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Dodge or die is seriously bad game design, especially in a game with tanks and healers. Some people seem to love it though thinking it takes more "skill" or somesuch nonsense.
  • Options
    strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thats just 1 reason I don't care for this game anymore. I have more fun playing the old Neverwinters Nights then I do this grind. I will do profestions and collect ad. But playing has been ruined for a single player with the mod before mod 6. Its to bad to, cause it looked really good and played good, until then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).