test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whatever happened to Warlock class - insta death?

damsel1988damsel1988 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Nine Hells
I have been away for just a few months and today came back and first played my wizard and was glad to be back remembering what a cool game this is.

However, oh horror, I next went to play my Warlock and get virtually killed instantly every time, despite a very high level good companion and the shadow with me as well. This is getting to be rediculous.

If this is Warlock I dread to think what else has been happening to this game whilst I was gone. My wizard was good enough but also not like I remembered it, which was very powerful. Now I was quite lame but attributed it to having been away.

PS it works as intended and that is why we are called the "nine hells" like kinda "go to hell"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Warlock is the squishiest most vulnerable class by far - was in Mod5 and still is in Mod6. Stack at least up to 10% lifesteal and spec for soulbinder with shadow walk and borrowed time slotted for mobility and self healing. Avoid getting hit the best you can, fire away and let liesteal do the rest. For PvE a lifedrinker weap enchant can work wonders and keep you alive except to one-shots. Built up well, survival is not so terrible anymore.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• azli82azli82 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    damsel1988 wrote: »
    I have been away for just a few months and today came back and first played my wizard and was glad to be back remembering what a cool game this is.

However, oh horror, I next went to play my Warlock and get virtually killed instantly every time, despite a very high level good companion and the shadow with me as well. This is getting to be rediculous.

If this is Warlock I dread to think what else has been happening to this game whilst I was gone. My wizard was good enough but also not like I remembered it, which was very powerful. Now I was quite lame but attributed it to having been away.

PS it works as intended and that is why we are called the "nine hells" like kinda "go to hell"

gear up new item , build your Hit Point near 85-100k
    Build your Power around 10k-12k for damage and healing ability
    Lifesteal around 25% - 33%
    Health Regeneration around 5.5% - 8%
    Incoming Heal bonus around 15-30%
    Build up 4k Armor Penetration or more for 40% damage resilience
    Focus Con + Cha . More HP and More critical chances
    Build up Damance Resistance atleast 12%
    Build up Deflect at 5.5% chances .
    Build up critical chances at rate 35-39% or more to 45%

SoulBinder / Tempation Tree .
    More HP more survival for warlock to tank lvl 70-73 mobs .

Barrow Time class primary - Heal sparks , deflect chances , bonus damage , life steal ( 4 in 1 benefit ) -if 30'spark
    Dark Prayer secondary backup features - will give bonus justs incase your HP drop at 50% and below . its help to increase your defense around 12.5% damage resistant and lifesteal will increase 4% .

U should know to handle warlock well , u have 100% hit point , when battle your hp will drop to 50% and below 50%. All this kind of situation u should have feat/boon/ and companion to help u in current HP situation .

For example :

Once below 50% hp dark prayer will active to help you on resistance9(12.5% damage resistant) and lifesteal
    Once below 50% hp critical chances from companion will active at rate 10% for u
    Once below 30% feat "desperation restoration" will help u to boost healing ability almost 15%
    once below 35% hp , companion honey badger will help guard 10% damage resistant

so this current situation for warlock already been manage well when your hp drop like water .
    u must do damage to gain HP back , harrow storm / BoVa and Dreadtreft . Must do short distance shadow slip to get 30% damage resistant if u wait CD from encounter . Shadow Slip/Walk is short/long mobility give u damage resistant by simple pressing a shift button . But go it in short distance(since BoVa active) . Slice enemy using harrow and open BoVa( feat +10% less damage from monster) . and DT( increase buff resistant too when u spray out the line . u can be good tanker + semi dps + survival warlock + good solo on field .

SB build - Tempation ( Dragon Born )
    HELLBOI (HELLBRINGER) LVL 70 (SW)
    THE BEST TEAM IS ALWAYS LEAD THE BEST YOUR BUILD .
    THE BEST WEAPON THAT WE HAVE IS TEAM MATES , NOT YOU .
  • pycon929pycon929 Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2015
    azli82 wrote: »

Love the whole non-chalant aspect to this. I'm sure every NW player coming back from months of hiatus can just log in and make this stuff happen. Calm down dragonborn. We don't all invest thousands into video games.
  • vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    azli82 wrote: »

SoulBinder / Tempation Tree .
    More HP more survival for warlock to tank lvl 70-73 mobs .

Barrow Time class primary - Heal sparks , deflect chances , bonus damage , life steal ( 4 in 1 benefit ) -if 30'spark
    Dark Prayer secondary backup features - will give bonus justs incase your HP drop at 50% and below . its help to increase your defense around 12.5% damage resistant and lifesteal will increase 4% .

U should know to handle warlock well , u have 100% hit point , when battle your hp will drop to 50% and below 50%. All this kind of situation u should have feat/boon/ and companion to help u in current HP situation .

For example :

Once below 50% hp dark prayer will active to help you on resistance9(12.5% damage resistant) and lifesteal
    Once below 50% hp critical chances from companion will active at rate 10% for u
    Once below 30% feat "desperation restoration" will help u to boost healing ability almost 15%
    once below 35% hp , companion honey badger will help guard 10% damage resistant

so this current situation for warlock already been manage well when your hp drop like water .
    u must do damage to gain HP back , harrow storm / BoVa and Dreadtreft . Must do short distance shadow slip to get 30% damage resistant if u wait CD from encounter . Shadow Slip/Walk is short/long mobility give u damage resistant by simple pressing a shift button . But go it in short distance(since BoVa active) . Slice enemy using harrow and open BoVa( feat +10% less damage from monster) . and DT( increase buff resistant too when u spray out the line . u can be good tanker + semi dps + survival warlock + good solo on field .

SB build - Tempation ( Dragon Born )

Dude. temptation build is TERRIBAD in mod 6.

Buut, what's great is the second tier feat from its tier path that ups your lifesteal when you have sparks.
    That, plus artifact offhand feature for borrowed time that gives you deflect when you spark up, plus about 10.6% LS from equipment is how I survive with my measly 68k HP. I figured out sort of a heuristics for hard mobs (EG thayan servitors, because of their ranged attack) too - slap first with essence defiler to build up one-two stacks, THEN slap in WC plus Dreadtheft.

Basically, once you spark up with this feat combination, you can survive a LOT. And I don't have hugely great gear - ilvl somewhere like 1550. Well, I play damnation spec - the puppet helps to distract from me and actually kills stuff more than me now.
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    pycon929 wrote: »
    Love the whole non-chalant aspect to this. I'm sure every NW player coming back from months of hiatus can just log in and make this stuff happen. Calm down dragonborn. We don't all invest thousands into video games.

Yeah, you know, some of us play for free for, you know, fun. I keep seeing these uber builds and wonder how long they had to grind or how much they had to pay for them.....
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sorry Damsel, but our class has not been treated very well. Promises have been made to make things better, and we have a new development head and community manager. But it doesnt seem like any polices by the company towards this game are changing.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    go for SB-fury (I do) or play broken SB-Damnation tree with puppet dealing crazy 600k hits, as i read
    borrowed time - big selfheal, vampire sparks near +4% LS (not 1,5% tooltip is wrong), offhandbonus +15% deflect

few seconds ago i went eLOL, no pots in my bag, no tank no heal in the party, only 2 GWF always dead on the ground
    most probelms do have the melee classes GWF and TR, from all range DD´s i think CW can tank lots of damage, but warlock can heal up very fast, as hunter can (not sure about that class) so its more or less " last man standing" in some fights, when all other classes are "well done"