test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Community Complaints ...

perchloricperchloric Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Being semi-new here I was curious about if there have been cases where Dev/Cryptic decisions that players didn't like and complained about caused a change to happen?

i.e. have there been cases where the community complaining about something actually got it reversed or changed?

Edit: Other than actual bugs of course.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• perchloricperchloric Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I ask because:

If yes: what did the community do to get change to actually occur on things that they did not like?

If no: well, we take the game as given when we log in, warts and all, or we leave and stop playing I guess since community concerns/complaints/dislikes are not going to cause change to happen.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't think they completely ignore the complaints if it is constructive. with the announcement of underdark they clearly state that they are working on the issues of elemental evil ... these issues was picked up from constructive criticizing. just screaming and bad mouthing has no purpose, but pointing out thing you would like to be improved are recorded and looked at

It might not always have the result we would like, but they try and that is all we can ask for. Some complaints are just people complaining about things that happen because of gamer exploits. Like the lag during dragon runs.

An instance is designed for a max of 30 players with the overflow meant to prevent players like those in PVP or dungeons to have a place to return to. Now players overload an instance to 40 and complain when they get lag. The lag is not the developers fault but exploiting the systems fault(I have had a successful run with 30 players that use AS and prism). the only thing that can now be done is reducing the maximum number from 30 to 20 with a overflow of 30 ... that will get a real complaint out of the players though.

To sum up : I believe the do listen a quick fix however will just cause problems and sometimes fixing a problem will cause a boatload of other problems so they rather stick with the lesser of 2 evils.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• jganthjganth Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You would need a baseline to measure change with - basically associate a thread or a series of threads to an actual change log item in the game. As end users I don't think we have access to or will ever be given metrics to the priorities of their backlog items. That's too much visibility for any developer to be comfortable with!
    edited May 2015
    jganth wrote: »
    You would need a baseline to measure change with - basically associate a thread or a series of threads to an actual change log item in the game. As end users I don't think we have access to or will ever be given metrics to the priorities of their backlog items. That's too much visibility for any developer to be comfortable with!

I can just imagine if my clients get to see my error logs or todo list.:)
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Break The Spirit empowered buff for example that gives 10% dmg per stack has not been working ever since mod 3, its been reported so many times now :/

OpenWallet.jpg ?
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The announcement of Mod 8 just made my in-game life easier for two reasons.

a) I'm not gonna sweat over T2 armor sets, they might be rendered obsolete as soon as it his, so I'm gonna take it reeeeeeal slow and get whatever piece drops while doing any sort of dungeon run (got the elemental assault armor drop last night), not even gonna mind about seals, too little every time.

b) I ain't refining any artifact/artifact weapon past purple, or will do so just by using whatever enchant happens to drop since there's a 99% chance (judging from what happened these last weeks) they'll even be useless to re-refine the new gear the might introduce.
    But again...not get crazy over refining them.

40% of the current RP on the previous gear to put as RP in the new, was absolutely horrendous and disgraceful.

It should have been 100%...some people payed (luckily not me) real world money to get their stuff up to legendary and lost 60% of their money's worth..which is just wrooooooooooong!

Previous attempts of people, warning/complaining about upcoming changes, appeared to have hit a brick wall.
    Check the preview shard forum.

The only thing that would bring significant change would be for people to stop buying Zen till some major issues get fixed....but that'll be the day hell freezes over.
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mynaam wrote: »
    I don't think they completely ignore the complaints if it is constructive. with the announcement of underdark they clearly state that they are working on the issues of elemental evil ... these issues was picked up from constructive criticizing. just screaming and bad mouthing has no purpose, but pointing out thing you would like to be improved are recorded and looked at

It might not always have the result we would like, but they try and that is all we can ask for. Some complaints are just people complaining about things that happen because of gamer exploits. Like the lag during dragon runs.

An instance is designed for a max of 30 players with the overflow meant to prevent players like those in PVP or dungeons to have a place to return to. Now players overload an instance to 40 and complain when they get lag. The lag is not the developers fault but exploiting the systems fault(I have had a successful run with 30 players that use AS and prism). the only thing that can now be done is reducing the maximum number from 30 to 20 with a overflow of 30 ... that will get a real complaint out of the players though.

To sum up : I believe the do listen a quick fix however will just cause problems and sometimes fixing a problem will cause a boatload of other problems so they rather stick with the lesser of 2 evils.

Lag:

ELOL: 5 man instance, every day, at scorpions and lostmauth fight 99%
    ESOT: 5 man instance, Boss fight like ALL the time ?
    KESSEL: 5 man instance, Post Mod 6 I've had only one...I repeat...one successful fight devoid of lag, the rest is bungee jumping as soon as we enter the boss fight.

So...come again ?
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    perchloric wrote: »
    I ask because:

If yes: what did the community do to get change to actually occur on things that they did not like?

If no: well, we take the game as given when we log in, warts and all, or we leave and stop playing I guess since community concerns/complaints/dislikes are not going to cause change to happen.

Very good question man.

Very often I feel, that this game is beta testing. Even if we consider test shard, we can't just go to GM - shop to take for free all items and test it. I don't give a fvck to help dev's with 70 lvl not working skills/feats if I have to lvl up there. Same with enchants testing and so on.

Prolly they read it (we know, cause they removing our posts very often) and ignore it.
    Real issues are not fixed, they work on non important things (like dwarf noses in elven armour, or colours of mobs in gaultgrym). Who cares about some colours?

GWF wants to be tanky a bit to survive and give huge dmg, CW wants to control and give dmg, GF wants to be a rock immune and able to survive everywhere, etc. But people cant use their skills and are FORCED to abuse bug, cause in legit way it's simple not possible to kill.

ps. I've heard, that some ppl made eCC without AP gain/fae bugs. I really want to see dev's who is doing it.
    No mention about pvp, cause devs have no idea how it works. So simple they can read, but don't understand.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

edited May 2015
    I was not defending them on all lag just stating that the lag on well of dragons is due to player exploit.

• discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lowendus wrote: »

b) I ain't refining any artifact/artifact weapon past purple, or will do so just by using whatever enchant happens to drop since there's a 99% chance (judging from what happened these last weeks) they'll even be useless to re-refine the new gear the might introduce.
    But again...not get crazy over refining them.

40% of the current RP on the previous gear to put as RP in the new, was absolutely horrendous and disgraceful.

It should have been 100%...some people payed (luckily not me) real world money to get their stuff up to legendary and lost 60% of their money's worth..which is just wrooooooooooong!

I'm not investing anything into the new artifact weapons at all. lose 60% of the RP I put into getting my Golden Dragon's tooth to legendary? Nah. the different in stat points can be made up more efficiently by investing in enchants. I'd get about 300 points of damage and a little extra ArPen at the cost of around 2.9 million RP, you say? AND I get to spend more AD on unlocking (maybe) a boost to an at-will that i already have, that came free of charge on the bow I already have? thank you, no.

Also, I'm not seeing any HR survivability fixes, so I suppose I can't spend any money on my main, who is essentially the only character I do that with any regularity for. I'm saying I'd like to spend money on this game, but someone seems to be bent on making my favorite character to play into a worthless little pudding that can either switch all of her encounters to the defensive ones and not do enough damage to finish a fight before I'm killed, or go offensive and not have enough defense to get off a full rotation before I get splattered by trash mobs.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • fenchimpfenchimp Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just found this.

http://steamcharts.com/app/109600#3m

Might not be completely relevant, but **** there's been a sharp decline the past week or so.

The fact is, regardless of whether or not they've done it before, the dev team came out with far too little faaar too late.

Sure this might have helped them with mod5 bugs, but for the abomination they just released, breaking the game entirely and then saying "Just hang with us another few months guys, we'll fix it" without so much as a road map is flat-out negligent.

I know a lot of people play it off of Steam, but that seems to be a pretty good basis of what's going on with NWO's community.
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Being semi-new here I was curious about if there have been cases where Dev/Cryptic decisions that players didn't like and complained about caused a change to happen?

i.e. have there been cases where the community complaining about something actually got it reversed or changed?

Only thing I can think of is Refining mechanics (e.g. ability to refines stacks) And it came after so much time, so even 8 years old kids learned how to use mouse recorder ...

Maybe Tiamat waiting room change, not that it did something, but just was some reaction to mass-complain about a problem.
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited May 2015

We lost our 3-2 stats belts after community uproar. So yes, the user base is capable of bringing about change. (The $ paying base)