test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

why new module???

lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
why bring us new module ? this announcement just feels like a slap in the face. half of current content is unplayable. i will repeat my self:

half of the current content is unplayable!!!

so basically news mean is: hi guys yeah we know this module is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but hi we dont really care about fixing it and make it fun, we just move on , we dont care about bugs, we dont care about crazy lag, we dont care about ppl unable to do the feats respec, we dont care about hard mob that make players do exploits to finish dungeons. we just move on .

will the new modules be better? i dont know, i sure hope so i really do hope so.

but just like southpark episode about that oil company says: we are sorry.... we sorry....we sorry...but we dont really care...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tsokushintsokushin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Fixed that for free. Next time I'll change you 100AD^.^

At least, if you bothered to read the information instead of playing with colors...

To be honest, the April 23rd patch was extremely lackluster and was slated to be the "big patch" covering a lot of the things not in the original mod 6 release.

This week's patch will probably make or break the patience and trust of the players.
  • Options
    lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Fixed that for free. Next time I'll change you 100AD^.^

At least, if you bothered to read the information instead of playing with colors...

dream on man dream on....
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well...they only announced the module because Wizards Of The Coast was making an announcement about their plans for Underdark so they had to say something. Notice we haven't had an official announcement for Mod 7 yet and this was for Mod 8 with almost no details.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    people always make the same mistakes.cryptic HAS to release their modules alongside WotC, it's not up to cryptic to decide that.
    That has nothing to do with bugfixes. We already know that they release new modules each 3-4 months, and that's not going to change.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I could explain the reasoning in a few long paragraphs, but it is better summarized in this statement: The show must go on.

Development on new content (which is done quite a time in advance) cannot stop because there are existing issues. They must both be worked on in a development cycle. It was also made quite clear in the announcement that they are still working on m6 issues.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lemonchill wrote: »
    we dont care about hard mob that make players do exploits to finish dungeons.

Exploiting is a choice. As is learning to play. So it's really up to people to make their mind and up to cryptic to patch the holes at some point.

Also new content never hurts. Now that I can defeat T2 final bosses quite reliably without relying on cheats, I must admit that i'm a bit bored, and that farming seals of the protector seems quite uneeded. T1 gear is good enough and the grind for protector's gear doesn't seem exciting.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    people always make the same mistakes.cryptic HAS to release their modules alongside WotC, it's not up to cryptic to decide that.
    That has nothing to do with bugfixes. We already know that they release new modules each 3-4 months, and that's not going to change.

^This . . . is the answer you were looking for . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's fun to read knee-jerk reaction threads.

@OP: Because they are required to release a new Module every three or four months. Because their modules coincide in content with Wizards of the Coast's D&D offerings, which this game is based on. Because Wizards of the Coast is *ANNOUNCING* their new module, Cryptic felt it wise to also announce their coinciding module at the same time (still more than six months away, by the way).

So, "why new module?": BECAUSE IT IS WHAT IT IS. LOL
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There isn't even a concrete release date announced. It just says "in 2015". It's just a presumption that the release date will coincide with the release of the PnP D&D module.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm pretty happy because current mod is inexistent. I just hope they'll bring some real content.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    I'm pretty happy because current mod is inexistent. I just hope they'll bring some real content.

3 *reworked vanilla dungeons* and a different version of Whispering caverns map where you enter by a different doorway , oh and 1 new set of armor each = mod 8

Mod 7 sounds like guild base nonsense despite such content in every other mmo I have ever seen it in being popular for no more than 10 minutes before people stop bothering with it ,and maybe some pvp thrown in guess we'll see xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Exploiting is a choice. As is learning to play. So it's really up to people to make their mind and up to cryptic to patch the holes at some point.

Also new content never hurts. Now that I can defeat T2 final bosses quite reliably without relying on cheats, I must admit that i'm a bit bored, and that farming seals of the protector seems quite uneeded. T1 gear is good enough and the grind for protector's gear doesn't seem exciting.
    go beat ecc legit and come and say that again.
  • Options
    grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Prepare yourself for Mod 8:Neverwinter-Underdark and the new map "Whispering Caverns mirrored"! Also the new dungeons Drizzt Tower (Cloak Tower) and Castle Stronghold (Castle Never)...

Sad thing is, this isn't even far from possible -_-
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • Options
    nylatlthesecondnylatlthesecond Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So, @OP:
    You do realize that not everyone works on the same thing at Cryptic, right? This is true for most, if not all, games in existence. There's people who work on art, people who work on storylines, people who work on actual coding. Likewise, there's people working on bugfixes and server stability and the like. And there's people who work on progression towards new Modules, new classes and things that go with that. This is like asking a community manager to fix the lag. Just because they work there doesn't mean that they can fix everything at a whim. It'd be awesome if people could do such a thing, but they can't.

As such, just because there's new content being announced, doesn't mean that the bugfixing stops, far from it. Sure, the stability issues will probably take priority over the new content. Even WotC would (or should) understand that.

As for the "repeated" instances, that's an entirely different thing, and most of them were done for a good reason.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It can be anything in the "new" modules. It can be only bug fixes. It can be new things. It can be just nothing but old things in the name of the "new" modules.

The fact that there is nothing except the names of the new modules points to the announcement is simply an assurance (seems like tentative but not definitive) that it is still most certainly Cryptic will partner with WotC for 2 more modules.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    3 *reworked vanilla dungeons* and a different version of Whispering caverns map where you enter by a different doorway , oh and 1 new set of armor each = mod 8

Mod 7 sounds like guild base nonsense despite such content in every other mmo I have ever seen it in being popular for no more than 10 minutes before people stop bothering with it ,and maybe some pvp thrown in guess we'll see xD
    grabmoore wrote: »
    Prepare yourself for Mod 8:Neverwinter-Underdark and the new map "Whispering Caverns mirrored"! Also the new dungeons Drizzt Tower (Cloak Tower) and Castle Stronghold (Castle Never)...

Sad thing is, this isn't even far from possible -_-

Could've been funny if it wasn't so sad. Also possible a new Vampire class - mirrored TR with the same looks and crazy imbalanced OP powers so people would throw their money at the screen.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    why new module???
    Why not Lol

I start to feeling boring here,
    it why we need immediately a new module! :P

1. I'm lv70
    2. I got all my Boons
    3. I got all my Artifact Equip
    4. I have all Enchantment that i need
    5. I have FULL lv70 Gear only
    6. and so on..

I already finished M6 since 2-weeks lol, there nothing more to do here for me.
    Currently the only thing i do is PvP and some HE's run that's all. (after a while it's boring)

- HYPE: Can't wait for the New Mods and new stuffs Coming!! -
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    xgrandz02 wrote: »
    Why not Lol

I start to feeling boring here,
    it why we need immediately a new module! :P

1. I'm lv70
    2. I got all my Boons
    3. I got all my Artifact Equip
    4. I have all Enchantment that i need
    5. I have FULL lv70 Gear only
    6. and so on..

I already finished M6 since 2-weeks lol, there nothing more to do here for me.
    Currently the only thing i do is PvP and some HE's run that's all. (after a while it's boring)

- HYPE: Can't wait for the New Mods and new stuffs Coming!! -

Because if its released so soon, so little and so buggy you'll be as bored as you are now twice as fast.

That's why not...
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    New Mods are good...

They will fix Mod 6

I hope they don't inflate the old areas again in any new mods

New areas should be the higher levels not the old ones

And

Please be sure the rewards reflect the difficulty