test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mob Aggro

rangerman25rangerman25 Member Posts: 84
I am not sure how aggro works in this game but one of my biggest pet peeves is when a player "aggroes" a bunch of mobs and drags them on you.

For example: I was going after a religion cache and had to fight some mobs for it. Well I finally get the mobs dead to have another player who apparently wanted the cache or something drag a whole bunch of mobs behind him and one ran into me as I was halfway through opening the cache and sent me into "combat." The other player positioned himself right by the cache and the second that combat died, took the cache and left.

This scenario has only happened a handful of times but could someone please explain how aggro works in this game as it obviously doesnt work the same in the other MMOs I've played.

And while I know the other "player" wants to be social...not everyone and their dog wants to be in combat 24/7 fighting "your" mobs.

Any input?
Post edited by rangerman25 on

Comments

• Options
    pathaynpathayn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lol. That is just 100% pure ******baggery there. I figure if I hit the mob, the aggro would be on me. However, if I'm a trickster and go into stealth...lol, you're screwed. You just got hit by a jerk, plain and simple. The best advice is to let it go and hope he doesn't come around again.
  • Options
    groovyloopylougroovyloopylou Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    dragging them to the campfires after a dragon fight is my pet peeve. folk tend to sort out quests, inventories and are generally either in a menu or afk and come back to death...not fun!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Oh thank you groovyloopylou, that and another one that really irritates the hell outta me. Charthraxis...the dragon is hard enough to take on just by itself. It pisses me off in the middle of the fight when we now have to contend not only with the dragon but some of the cultists someone brought with them. Please for the love of God, STOP dragging the other mobs from that area around on top of us. Every time I do Charthraxis there is always that one guy who does this. And I agree groovyloopylou it is bs for players to do that.And like I said, I know they want to be social and "share" their kills, but come on.
  • Options
    twinstripeuktwinstripeuk Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Kiting is a pet peeve of mine too - useful during a dungeon when you want the mobs in an AOE killzone, bl**dy annoying when somebody drags them onto a campfire when your refining/queueing professions/answering the call of nature/whatever.

You could always troll them mercilessly and return the favour, but that would make you as big a d*uche as they are..
  • Options
    skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Train. Reminds me of High Hold Keep...
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • Options
    majordogmeatmajordogmeat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    skeld11 wrote: »
    Train. Reminds me of High Hold Keep...

Grrr bark bark Grrrrrr
  • Options
    skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Grrr bark bark Grrrrrr

Deep down I must remember this somehow because it's causing me a slight twinge of fear.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Kiting is a pet peeve of mine too - useful during a dungeon when you want the mobs in an AOE killzone, bl**dy annoying when somebody drags them onto a campfire when your refining/queueing professions/answering the call of nature/whatever.

You could always troll them mercilessly and return the favour, but that would make you as big a d*uche as they are..

I am guilty of kiting against dragons...I get their attention and try and turn the dragon's front attack to the front so I am the only one that would get hit, but unfortunately it also has the tail attack. I stopped doing that when another player pointed that out. I thought I was helping but the tail attack on Charthraxis can be worse than his front breath attack