test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF: MOD 7, anyone made or updated a character ref. for Powers, Feats and Boons?

wolfe0rainwolfe0rain Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Militia Barracks
(mod 6 I ment... Oi...)

I'm in deep need of a better roll than what I've done here. I followed the 2 highest rated ref. sheets for the GWF, and yet I don't do **** in damage compared to my OP friend... nor can I got in and take any damage what so ever... I'm very squishy there. Seems the GWF got dumped on with the making of the pal, not to mention it wasn't made to be a tank in the first place... I should have read into this more, but go figure... someone that uses a FLIPPIN HUGE sword would do HUGE damage right? Might be a bit squishy, but would do a hella lot of damage on base.... boy was I wrong in assuming that eh?

So, in short, does anyone have a good DPS roll-out for the GWF for most damage possible with the additional bit of having a hell'a lot of hp? I know that armor is where we get our HP now, but ... seems I'm still squishy with over 16k item level... very much so. I can't even take non-epic dungeon mobs without dying multiple times even with my OP friend healing me a lot...and popping potions like an candy...
Post edited by wolfe0rain on

Comments

• Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi,

can you give us some infos about your GWF? Feats/Powers? Is it a iron vanguard or a swordmaster? Wot skills do you use?

• Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    wolfe0rain wrote: »
    Seems the GWF got dumped on with the making of the pal

Already was, long before the Paladin came live.
    Yes you deliver much less damage AND you're much more squishy AND you bring much less to a group.

Yes our features are not only bad but mutual antagonists. Yes we've been given things that obviously belong to other classes, such as throwing daggers, running, Iron vanguard.

What is needed is to rework the GWF in a way that when playing it, it feels like you're playing a GWF. It feels like you're playing a Melee fighter. Once you have that, it's just about tweaking the stats.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    lewel555 wrote: »
    Yes you deliver much less damage AND you're much more squishy AND you bring much less to a group.

Less damage? BS. Much more sqishy? No. Outgoing damage from mobs/bosses to hard. Much less to a group? Well...the GWF is ( if you play him good) one of the best dps class. I think you still need dps in mod 6, dont ya?
    lewel555 wrote: »
    Yes we've been given things that obviously belong to other classes, such as throwing daggers, running, Iron vanguard.

Throwing daggers is perfect. Nice damage buff. Iron vangaurd useless atm, cuzz no one needs an off tank and IV makes much less dps than an SW GWF.

@OP:
    Give us some mor infos plz. Maybe we can help you to play your gwf.

• Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would suggest following Lazalia's GWF guide on this forum. My GWF alt has no problems so far with any mobs and it barely has any gear as it was a leadership alt. Using your tab at the right time makes a huge difference.

GWF's do not bring too much to the party other than dps which is good, but currently not as good as a CW that can bring dps, control, and buffs. So far for me, I prefer having a GF/DC/HR/(combination of CW/GWF/TR) for group make up.
  • Options
    wolfe0rainwolfe0rain Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ok... Apparently you missed the point of this... I was trying to see if anyone had any advice on completely rerolling my character.

As atm, I'm 70, and having to be rezzed 2 to 3, or more, times during a regular dungeon run or just normal mobs can cause me to have to be rezed... Icewind is kicking my butt...I MUST be with my paly friend or else I WILL die... over and over and over.

Powers will take some time to get pix of, but feats and character screens are eazy enough, here:

Here's some pix.
    CharacterNWbefore_zpsqbw2wyg3.jpg
    FeatsNWbefore_zpsls3miynd.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    onegaki101 wrote: »
    GWF's do not bring too much to the party other than dps which is good, but currently not as good as a CW that can bring dps, control, and buffs.

A gwf is only for DPS and every good GWF makes much much more damage than a CW. Most CWs still thinking they have to do DPS and so they dont use/take boons/sets to push there CC abilities. A good CW knows he have to control. We need classes for CC and we need classes for dps. GWF is a typical dps class. The "bad luck" for a gwf is that he have to avoid to many times, cuzz the incomig damage from mobs are much to high. The outgoing damage from mobs/bosses must reduce a bit,so unstoppable provides us from dieing. Thats all the GWF need (GFs too ^^, too many with huge hp gets one shot). A running GWF makes no dps...and ofc they MUST fix the unstoppable bug. In the ToS vid from Lazalia you can see how anyoing this bug is. I got this bug so many times. But cryptic got other things to fix and much more important things ( like a hat skin..no comment).

• Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Take no offense dear OP, but this is an utterly bad build and I find it hard to wonder why you're doing not as good. One of the most efficient ways to tank is to actually kill **** faster. Intimidation is DEAD, it's no longer viable and will get you murdered. As much as I hate to say this, Destroyer is the only viable tree at the moment, and you have to accept it to do good. Start by slotting enchantments to your missing items, as much HP as you can for defense. You have no armpen, that means no damage since you can't even start scraping the mobs DR. Gemmed shirt and pants, save up for those, they don't cost much. Get an augment, take your pally friend and start farming t1's to get better gear. You have plenty to do.

I can personally help and train you if needed, contact me in-game if you wish.
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    your undergeared as heck and still have more power than my power stacked hr. ****.