test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please move the need/greed/pass notification

ussula76ussula76 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Please move the need/greed/pass notification pop up window out of the center of the screen...it blocks the view of battle. It has almost caused me to die numerous times and has resulted in me accidentally leaving group (including skirmishes and dungeons) mid battle because the game lags and thinks im trying to leave group instead of roll the need option.

Perhaps shrink the size of the notification pop up windows and move them to the right side of the screen. Then it might also help to place loot the notification is referring to into a "Party Bag" system until the players get a break in battle to take the time to roll on them.

Thanks.
Post edited by ussula76 on

Comments

• Options
    maltokamaltoka Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2015
    Nothing like 2 loot rolls popping while it shows result of a previous loot roll, at the same time the boss falls, while also showing 3 banners for Kobold killer or what ever achievements you get for killing humanoids, all at the same time. Literally cannot see anything on screen. I have died from the bosses adds before, because 99.9999999% of my screen was covered with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> while the fight was still going on.

There should 1 spot for notifications, and even if 100 notifications pop at once, it all cycles through the same section of the UI, in order received. For instance, lower center just above the skill bar, equally tall as the skill bar perhaps.
  • Options
    mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We PC users have been complaining about this for 2 years. If you're lucky you get in a party with players smart enough to not pick up anything during fights. Everyone goofs and picks up by habit every now and then, but some people just don't learn. The best thing to do is to ask party members to wait until after the battle to pick up stuff. If they keep on, then kick them.

But frankly, most of us have lost hope that this part of the UI will ever change. There are lots of UI elements that need fixing, like refining, but it's not likely to happen.
  • Options
    awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    While I agree the loot/roll screens/prompts are beyond obnoxious & the placement is horrendous; the only time it is really an issue is when somebody is looting during combat.

Would seem like common sense/courtesy to avoid picking up (9 times out of 10) trash loot when there is a fight going on.

Hooray! A Rank 4 Enchant, let me pick that up really quick, great idea...
  • Options
    valkyria9001valkyria9001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I completely agree with you here, or they can change it so that you cant pick anything up while you're in combat. You cant open a door or interact with objects during a battle which I'm sure opening a door would be much quicker than bending down to pick up an item in most cases. Otherwise yeah it's completely annoying and gets in the way when you're in the middle of a horde and you can't see anything but some item you're never really going to care about. If not remove it, why not set a policy/rule in the loot options to give you the choice to automatically select need/greed/pass. Like the system you have in place for FW.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mungsu wrote: »
    But frankly, most of us have lost hope that this part of the UI will ever change. There are lots of UI elements that need fixing, like refining, but it's not likely to happen.

This ^. Since at least closed beta. Apparently Cryptic believes this is user friendly UI design.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If not remove it, why not set a policy/rule in the loot options to give you the choice to automatically select need/greed/pass. Like the system you have in place for FW.

Assuming you mean Forsaken World which Cryptic did not develop. Wrong developer.
  • Options
    irplirpl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    leaving the game on accident is the worst especially at the end of DD you literally screw yourself out of free loot because of the games flaw granted it is our fault but the x button shouldn't be the same as the greed. When people pick up loot you have to spam buttons so you can see considering it takes up a 3rd ofyour screen. If you could move the need or greed thing it would be great. Also ask for a confirmation before you accidently leave would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    ussula76ussula76 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    This ^. Since at least closed beta. Apparently Cryptic believes this is user friendly UI design.

really?? why on earth would they think something like the pop up window mini game would be user friendly? its totally counter intuitive and obvious that notifications shouldnt go in the middle of the screen at any point in time, and on top of it to then not change it? its been an ongoing issue for pc for like 2 years now??
    ... ughh *facepalm* what is game design becoming these days?

that being said...i guess it could have been worse...i mean at least they brought some kind of fantasy mmo to the one console finally...
  • Options
    feileacan1967feileacan1967 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What about a small box on the lower left for loot rolls?
  • Options
    amgfailamgfail Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As annoying as this is, it's really only an issue when running with randoms (as friends typically know not to loot during combat). What I *would* like to see though is a prompt asking "are you sure you want to leave your party?" when you mess up and hit back+X to greed roll through multiple loot pop-ups. It's WAY too easy to accidentally leave groups. The fact that the game prompts you when selling an unidentified piece of gear, but doesn't ask if you're sure you want to leave your group, is baffling.
    Snivy - 60 Spellstorm Renegade Control Wizard
    Abigore - 60 Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock
    -XBOX ONE PLAYER ONLY-
  • Options
    ereasernlereasernl Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's so annoying when one roll is done and a new item is picked up at the same time.
    You really can't see a whole lot when that happens, so you have to stop fighting to pass so you at least have some room to see.
  • Options
    xx0dessaxxxx0dessaxx Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've died a few times trying to get the option off of the screen. It's beyond frustrating to see. I'd rather skip and get through the battle than see if it's something I want. At the very least it should be minimized. Three fourths of a screen is ridiculous.
  • Options
    zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The solution is to wait till combat has stopped for the entire team before the loot window(s) pop up.

You can't fix stupid (yes, I'm talking about the little green warriors that are distracted by those shiny green bags). So, the only real solution is to either A) prevent looting until OoC or B) Prevent the window from popping up until OoC.
  • Options
    groovyloopylougroovyloopylou Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tiny point to make...

as a looter I DO wait till OoC, however if main party is hell bent on picking fights with the next set of adds around the corner before I'm finished, well its kinda tough luck if the window interrupts your combat.

you know if you are in a lobby with looters or not, if you are, just take a few extra seconds before charging off :)

People need to fill the belts and sell greens for potions. I personally like to have gold to help out guild mates with everything from first mounts to potions and injury kits. I couldn't do that without looting.

Don't hate on the looters, its part of the game same as every other aspect.
  • Options
    tdgcaputmortistdgcaputmortis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What would be a nice way to resolve this is to allow you to set your own Need/Greed/Pass rules

e.g.
    Need = Gear:- My Level +/- 3, My Class, Rare or Higher: Other:- Rank 5 or above
    Greed = Gear:- My Level +/-5, My Class, Uncommon or Any level, Not My Class, Uncommon or Higher: Other:- Rank 4 or below
    Pass = Everything else

You could even break out "Other" into Enchantment, Rune, Mark, Stone, Potions, Kits etc etc

No need for making selections, no interruptions in battle, everything handled automatically.

Just a thought
  • Options
    kithkannonkithkannon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can not change the system on when you can loot...people would just boot you from party before you share it.
  • Options
    rj32srj32s Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2015
    I'm not sure if its the same in epics as regular game-play, or if you even want to, but you can select loot as "free for all" - It eliminates the rolls, but you might also have some ninja's who steal everything. Whatever is more important to you.

When our guild is in T2's, not so much T1's, we'll give you 1 warning in chat to stop picking up loot during a fight. 2nd time is an automatic kick. Happens quite a bit.