test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

One of the rarest companions!

novynwnnovynwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Lightfoot Thief

i realy wanted... i wanted so bad i bought it recently...
3x level based damage bonus sounds enigmatic but temptating...
Gues what... it deals ca 100 (!) dmg to foes nearby, not even to main target.
mobs can hits for 100-200k with a single shot and have milions hp to help them kick your ***, at the same time one of the rarest and most expensive companions kicked my *** of the chair. Im so glad i havent upgrade it to epic, yet!
My level is 70... 3x70=210... n/c

Best regards avoid it and use gateway for other reasons!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Rare doesn't mean good and it's only expensive because the people on the auction house make it so...
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They need to run a complete pass on all companions active bonuses , they didn't upgrade all companions active bonuses with module 6 and now some of them have quite weak ridiculous active bonuses .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Atleast they had the time to nerf all augments companions into the ground:)
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited May 2015
    Wanna talk about bad companions ? How about the Panther which came with the 200$ pack. Currently it's the worst of all striker companions.

It really wouldn't kill the devs to do a quick companion balance pass sometime this year. Especially the older companions need a lot of help.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah my Legendary companion (the wandering scarecrow from masquerade of liars) hits 2k normal hits, and 3k crits. I can hit harder than that with no gear on and a level 40 weapon! I kinda regret making him legendary now. I thought he'd at least be in the 10-15k range with the slowness of his attacks.. I saw his skills, Oh cool. a meele claw attack, and a 15 sec cd stun attack. he must attack reasonably fast since he's single target right?... Yeah.. Not right, Also the +165 to two stats is subpar in the new module. stat giving companions should have these bonuses Doubled or more. (like most boons were)

Also even legendary with 3 companion gear items, he dies in about 3 seconds to a death slaad's poison pit and is too dumb to walk out of it.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    They need to run a complete pass on all companions active bonuses , they didn't upgrade all companions active bonuses with module 6 and now some of them have quite weak ridiculous active bonuses .

They need to run a complete check on:

- armor enchantments
    - campaign rewards
    - pvp rewards - jewelry is still lvl 60 and gauntlgrym items are outdated too.
    - pvp campaign items - still lvl 60.
    - items you may craft using campaigns - still lvl 60.
    - heroic encounters rewards in IWD - lvl 60 junk/non 15+ people ones in WoD - worthless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    - dungeon optional chest rewards to make what's inside worth the price of the key according to the AH and not according to what the devs think it has to cost (unless not using it is intended).
    - the wondrous bazaar items - still lvl 60.

Most of the companion active bonuses are still viable. Maybe a couple of pets need a review but that's only a handful of them. IMHO what's in my list should come first because there are blatant issues making the game less rewarding. Here we're talking about a pet with maybe a 0.5% drop rate chance which is mostly useful as a secondary wererat when yours is out of stamina.
  • Options
    sentineltitaniasentineltitania Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Rare =/= Decent

Lightfoot thief was only rare because All-Mighty-Lord-RNG decided so. But really, it's nothing special at all.

You should've known this. Striker companions are the worst at the moment. The only useful non-augment companions (When summoned, not talking about active bonuses) are the Healing types.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Rare =/= Decent

Lightfoot thief was only rare because All-Mighty-Lord-RNG decided so. But really, it's nothing special at all.

You should've known this. Striker companions are the worst at the moment. The only useful non-augment companions (When summoned, not talking about active bonuses) are the Healing types.

Well pets aren't supposed to play the game for you while you afk with a macro to heal them. Don't use a striker. :)

If strikers get buffed I have the feeling that some made in china automated systems (with a free load of spam afterwards) are going to LOVE it.
  • Options
    grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    They weren't nerfed.

Not nerfed, but bugged. If you upgrade it to legendary, you're lost, because the stone simply vanishes. The "fix" didn't fix it....
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    [...]
    On a side note I still wonder what would be the most effect companions to use with bonding runestones. Just tried an angel recently but when she doesn't use her healing spells when I'm at full health it doesn't get much use (from the bonding passive). Someone else mentioned the lillend since it had 3 offensive runestones and 3 rings (which don't matter with companion gear now). I guess with an offensive spell she can proc the bonding more.

I got somewhat regular procs with the Priestess of Sehanine Moonbow. She's doing her tricks every 6 seconds, does that regularly, and also closes in to melee distance, which gives you combat advantage if you walk around the enemy. And the buff/debuff she does can come in somewhat handy, too, especially when in a party, as every ally profits from that crit chance buff.

It's a kit companion, so a wee on the expensive side for the first one, but acc wide unlock...
  • Options
    freefrothfreefroth Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I got somewhat regular procs with the Priestess of Sehanine Moonbow. She's doing her tricks every 6 seconds, does that regularly, and also closes in to melee distance, which gives you combat advantage if you walk around the enemy. And the buff/debuff she does can come in somewhat handy, too, especially when in a party, as every ally profits from that crit chance buff.

It's a kit companion, so a wee on the expensive side for the first one, but acc wide unlock...

Harper Bard plus bonding stones for the win
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I demand to have Over Sized Space Hamster in lockbox!!!!
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Technically the rarest companions in the game are the Sgt. Knox and Makos companions, with only 5 of each having been released.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not so rare any more and not viable bonus in this module too. Seems like he is bad as active dps companion either, comparing to 70k crit hits of my cambion :d
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Not so rare any more and not viable bonus in this module too. Seems like he is bad as active dps companion either, comparing to 70k crit hits of my cambion :d

Cambion is that strong? Maybe I wont sell mine...
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Atleast they had the time to nerf all augments companions into the ground:)

Augments were not nerfed.

There was some bug/decrease on their base stats but...eh. That's not what you got an augment for, right ?
    Base stats were kinda pointless anyway.
    It's active bonus and what you outfit it with that matters. Which works as it used to. :)
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Technically the rarest companions in the game are the Sgt. Knox and Makos companions, with only 5 of each having been released.

What he say.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!