test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

chat spammers

xxamaraxxxxamaraxx Member Posts: 18 Arc User
Please put chat seperator tabs for the chat box.... idiots are preventing any1 from seeing anything....its been goin on for an hr already im begging u to plz add that in this coming patch.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rangerman25rangerman25 Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2015
    Agreed...while I love playing Neverwinter...The chat in the graveyard is ridiculous. 72 up 19 up 18 up 17 up blah blah blah...and half the time I cant even tell if a guildie messaged me or not. Also is there a way to scroll back up to see if they did? Cause these random numbers being spammed is getting outta hand. Not even STO had this type of problems
  • Options
    googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yep, it's gone nuts today. I can't chat to my guild members whilst in the enclave it's so bad. Would really like a guild only tab.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Guild only tab? That would be freaking lovely...or at least a way to turn off zone chat. The other chat areas are not near as heavily spammed as zone is
  • Options
    curygreenleaf69curygreenleaf69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They fixed the chat in the Enclave but without block/ignore/filters it is more broken then ever. I have been blocking them on their GT and reporting them to XBOX but that is slow and may do little to fix the problem. Please bring us a block/filter soon. make a video for proof and a name list and have your whole guild report them that might be enough to make a dent.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Complaining to Xbox though is like complaining to Chevy about a Ford car. They cant do much. The fix HAS to come from Cryptic itself for it to do anything. And hopefully Cryptic ACTUALLY READS THESE BLASTED FORUMS. Because curlygreenleaf69 is right. We need ignore/block/filters to regulate chat rather than having to try our best to ignore it. If we had that my first thing I would turn off is Zone
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I do agree for the most part but if MS is receiving complaints enmass they may put some pressure on PW/Cryptic. Mean while I will not be matched with them and they will find it harder to get into games if they are mass blocked not only in this game.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    That is true curly and I do the same thing. Only had to block one player so far and that was because this fool literally doesnt understand his role and is quick to cast blame on others because he lacks common sense..."oh I'm at 25% health...there is 8 mobs over there...lets go attack them." "WAAAAAAAAAA...I wiped...stupid Tank, what were you guarding? Your ***?" I blocked him after the second time he did this and following his second boot attempt to get me ousted. I voted to kick him and the whole group at that time was tired of him as well and one guy actually said "Dont blame him because you are too stupid to heal before you rush in. He's doing a pretty good job keeping them occupied. Not his fault ya suck." But if you know an ignore feature without outright blocking the whole account, let me know.
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Agreed...while I love playing Neverwinter...The chat in the graveyard is ridiculous. 72 up 19 up 18 up 17 up blah blah blah...
    That's awesome though - If I'm popping in to progress my campaign, those folk make it a quick and painless operation.
    It the trade spammers I can't stand. I didn't want your bracers ten minutes ago, and I don't want them now.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Need the ability to create separate chat tabs with our own specified filters, including a few filters for combat log text (damage taken, damage dealt, friendly and enemy damage, healing only, etc).

Whenever I'm given the option I'll typically do one for guild/group/say/tell, one for zone/trade, one for LFG, and one for all chat when things aren't hectic. Combat log filtering would be very nice since we can't run any parsers or DPS meter addons similar to what they'd have available on the PC.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
  • Options
    groovyloopylougroovyloopylou Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    its beyond insane.

You shouldn't be able to spam chat over and over with the same thing (ie #21 up over and over)
    all it does is push off screen stuff you are tying to see. It actually hurts people trying to find active dragons, it moves so quick its hard to catch peoples names to send invites.

linking items in chat should be trade only and the ability to toggle it off so we just don't see the spam. If I want to buy something I will look in the trade house.

A smite/kill button for the folk who beg for valuable items in game for gold would be nice too :P
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    telprydain wrote: »
    That's awesome though - If I'm popping in to progress my campaign, those folk make it a quick and painless operation.
    It the trade spammers I can't stand. I didn't want your bracers ten minutes ago, and I don't want them now.

If you are doing the campaign, I see your point, but for the ones not doing the campaign, this is actually pretty annoying cause no one else can see what is being said. An example:

LFG Ghost Stories
    18 up
    18 up
    77 up
    77 up
    19 up
    19 up... Now we all see the numbers but no one can see that someone is looking for a group cause the chat window is so small that it pushes it all the way up. And for the people not doing the campaigns this is annoying cause you have to expand the chat all the way up to handle all of it at once which sometimes causes more issues than helps. And I havent found a way to scroll back up to see what was said. Now you put a filter on...for say zone:

LFG: Ghost stories
    Trade: Dragon Icon 5g

You dont see Zone meaning now you can see that someone is looking for a group without seeing the numbers being spammed 100x over and you can still see Trade Chat and Guild chat etc. So yes I can see their use in the campaigns but for the rest of us, all we see is someone spamming numbers and most dont even know what they mean. I didnt until earlier today.
  • Options
    mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Need the ability to create separate chat tabs with our own specified filters, including a few filters for combat log text (damage taken, damage dealt, friendly and enemy damage, healing only, etc).

Whenever I'm given the option I'll typically do one for guild/group/say/tell, one for zone/trade, one for LFG, and one for all chat when things aren't hectic. Combat log filtering would be very nice since we can't run any parsers or DPS meter addons similar to what they'd have available on the PC.

Nail on the head here. PC version has the ability to create additional chat tabs and set which text gets filtered into them, so why can't we? It doesn't seem to be like that would be a massive coding project for some devs. Course, if i had to choose between getting this and getting an Xbox specific Neverwinter Gateway webpage... I'd take Gateway anyday....
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I'd take not being able to see all the numbers spammed to the point I want to tell the players to STFU any day XD
  • Options
    iceviper220iceviper220 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    @ every 5 secs you get the point
    Characters~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    IGN:Ryuke-GWF-lvl 43
  • Options
    icescaledragonicescaledragon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    wow all people do is cry in these topics
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Did you see the topic!?!? duh
  • Options
    edited May 2015

The point of these is for other players who are irritated with something that is going on in the game can express it. So do you come here often to express displeasure in something or merely to troll others?
  • Options
    goonersimongoonersimon Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You can change the chat channel so it is only in Guild chat, or group chat etc..

Open chat, press select button so chat pane is selected and then change channels with RB LB.
  • Options
    draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What annoys me about the dragon spam is that often the zones they are spamming excessively are not available to change to or are full. In the case that they are options to change to, no one can see the "inv me to dragon" due to the crazy spam. Its counter productive.

Maybe limit the ability to post the exact same message more than once every minute or 2. IDK
  • Options
    ratedchaotic1ratedchaotic1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ya the chat is crazy, but you can scroll up. Open chat menu with LB and down dpad. Then double square button on controller.
  • Options
    kodiakduckkodiakduck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You can change the chat channel so it is only in Guild chat, or group chat etc..

Open chat, press select button so chat pane is selected and then change channels with RB LB.

That's only who you're typing to.
  • Options
    feileacan1967feileacan1967 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yesterday 14 people in the chat channels posting symbols to tick people off. Many folks reported them to xbox, but I seriously feel ARC should be monitoring the channels or at least give us a report player option.
    Heck for reporting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and hate speech character names alone we need that option.
    It's waaay out of control, and kids in fact do play this game.
    Xbox will only look at things if there are a ton of complaints on one person.
    This needs fixed now.. not down the road.
  • Options
    inlove2marrowinlove2marrow Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2015
    eb6.jpg?1307463786
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    what was it...last night I noticed that some players would say

88 up
    88 up
    88 up....I think they got it the first time....then you have the ones who spam chat with stupid symbols or every single minute about some Dragon Bone gear no one is interested in. Please put FILTERS IN
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    yea filters would work wonders with this problem especially for trade chat also......all that grey
  • Options
    silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just wish for the ability to stop the chat if I need to go scroll up and click on a name.. It's so frustrating attempt to click something specific while it's moving..
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just wish for the ability to stop the chat if I need to go scroll up and click on a name.. It's so frustrating attempt to click something specific while it's moving..
    I totally agree. That's just poor design, and something that bugs me in every app/game I see it happen. New text should be appended to the bottom without auto-scrolling. I put scrolled to a specific position for a reason, so leave it where I put it.

Another thing that needs addressing ASAP is being able to mute people and/or chat channels. We need more filter options than just Default, Social, and Log. I want to be able to mute Zone, LFG, Trade, etc. and just have group and guild channels.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well we can only hope when the big update comes ~crosses fingers~ if they don't I'm gonna cry myself to sleep.....