test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP Glory Fix Please.

finalbossbgfinalbossbg Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
There should be a fix on the way glory is given.

There should be double glory for beating teams 3-1 or something.

Numerous times my team has dominated and one or a few get NO REWARD for winning 1000-0 etc. That is childish like no other.

So we are suppose to delay the game to get a cap or 2 kills ( if the team comes out of campfire ) to get glory..
Post edited by finalbossbg on

Comments

• Options
    krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I agree with this. I've been in numerous situations where my team has let the other team capture nodes just to make sure we get a decent amount of glory. The way it iis now it's more rewarding to win by a very close margin than to thoroughly dominate the other team.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No I think this is working just fine.
  • Options
    tojoptojop Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If your team is completely obliterating the other, say something in chat, it benefits BOTH teams to allow the losing team to repeatedly capture a node. While I don't have access to the actual formula, I do know that glory gain is tied to your overall point score (individual score, not team). Thus, captures and kills both contribute to glory gain.

/2cents
  • Options
    e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    The system works perfectly as is.

You can't steam roll opponents and expect to be rewarded highly.
    This system rewards good fights not broken one sided ones.

Honestly couldn't praise it any higher.

I always suggest that if we are dominating, we just let them cap points then take them back = more glory for all.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • Options
    finalbossbgfinalbossbg Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well I just need to accept the game isn't built for competitive players. You can't sit here with a straight face and tell me I don't get rewarded because I beat you down too hard, but in order to get rewarded I have to be nice and let them cap flags and stall the game out.
  • Options
    derangedminionderangedminion Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yes, that's exactly what it is. You aren't a competitive player if you think stomping the enemy team with no caps is competitive.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the glory awarded depends on how much the game you played was balanced.
    when you are dominating but you r interested to glory, you should always trade nodes with the enemy team.
  • Options
    thormadn3ssthormadn3ss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    SOo you run probably a full premade and stomp pugs, yet think you deserve more rewards ???? Now if this game let you do actual Premades vs Premades then i would say hells ya for more reward if you stomped them.

-meow
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I was talking about this with my guildmates today and found this thread in google, but I think it's still pretty relevant. I think if a team is beated by 1800 points (aka, completely stomped) no one should get any glory. Would a mighty warrior earn the admiration of his peers by crushing a pack of children? Well.. ok, maybe if his peers were all homicidal maniacs, but certainly not from the general populace of the Sword Coast or the citizens of Neverwinter. So, anyone who thinks they should be rewarded for walking all over the other team is simply wrong. The only reward one should earn in that case is personal satisfaction, but certainly deserve no actual reward.

If you want to earn the glory and admiration of your peers, play fair and balanced matches that allow everyone to walk away with something. As rayrdan said, if the fighting isn't actually competitive, that means the wining team take 1 and 3 and then trades 2 with the losing team until the game ends. The alternative is that even as a winner, you will walk away with very little or no rewards at all.

And that is as it should be.
  • Options
    lemonknuckleslemonknuckles Member Posts: 62
    edited June 2015
    The PvP "system" in this game is pretty rudimentary.
    1. I'd love to see private PvP instances for practice. No 5v5 requirements. Invite who you want and practice what you want.
    2. I'd love to see some sort of ranked system for PvP combat, with an ongoing ELO that moves up and down with each match that would 1) help refine match-making so that casual PvPers stop getting lumped in with the sharks, 2) provide some sort of benchmark or measure of individual and team skill, 3) give some additional meaning to matches other than just the chance to earn glory.
    3. I'd love to see separate queues for PUG and Pre-made Teams, and each player carry separate ranks (see above) for each type.
    4. I'd love to see some leader-boards, ranked divisions, and seasons, with each season carrying opportunities to win exclusive prizes (perhaps prizes are awarded based on what ranked division you are in when season ends).

Yes, this sounds a lot like another game I used to play, and is in no way original. But it is fun.
  • Options
    skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    2v2 Arena was always my favorite. Inherently unbalanced but I don't like getting zerged by 5 people.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • Options
    crispyslinky07crispyslinky07 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The PvP "system" in this game is pretty rudimentary.
    1. I'd love to see private PvP instances for practice. No 5v5 requirements. Invite who you want and practice what you want.
    2. I'd love to see some sort of ranked system for PvP combat, with an ongoing ELO that moves up and down with each match that would 1) help refine match-making so that casual PvPers stop getting lumped in with the sharks, 2) provide some sort of benchmark or measure of individual and team skill, 3) give some additional meaning to matches other than just the chance to earn glory.
    3. I'd love to see separate queues for PUG and Pre-made Teams, and each player carry separate ranks (see above) for each type.
    4. I'd love to see some leader-boards, ranked divisions, and seasons, with each season carrying opportunities to win exclusive prizes (perhaps prizes are awarded based on what ranked division you are in when season ends).

Yes, this sounds a lot like another game I used to play, and is in no way original. But it is fun.

I think 90% of the pvp community would agree with you lemon. . but we all know the pc version of the game is what we will be getting sooner or later... and they completely ignore good post like this one. Its mind blowing how you make a game of this caliber and then ignore your fan base.
    Ant
    < Goon Squad >
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think 90% of the pvp community would agree with you lemon. . but we all know the pc version of the game is what we will be getting sooner or later... and they completely ignore good post like this one. Its mind blowing how you make a game of this caliber and then ignore your fan base.

1: STO has that. (star trek - another cryptic game)
    2: This exists sort of on the PC version, but it doesn't seem to work very well
    3: I WISH
    4: The PC version has a leaderboard, and there's a tournament starting tomorrow and perhaps something called League of Champions, but I don't know much about it.

#1 would go a long way to making PvP useful. It's amazing and disappointing they didn't implement this when the game when live since it had been part of STO for years, and it's even more appalling they haven't added it in the years since despite players begging for it. But, then, doing what players are asking for would make the game fun, and that doesn't seem to be their priority :)
  • Options
    melychath2melychath2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    e11z wrote: »
    The system works perfectly as is.

You can't steam roll opponents and expect to be rewarded highly.
    This system rewards good fights not broken one sided ones.

Honestly couldn't praise it any higher.

That's ridiculous. When you're on a team that is sorely outclassed you can fight to the bitter end and yet receive no glory. That is broken.
This discussion has been closed.