test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Confusion About My CW!

trustissues1trustissues1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Library
I've recently started playing Neverwinter about a month ago. And I'm absolutely fascinated with this game.
However I ran into a problem that I can't seem to figure out myself. I've been rank 60 for a couple weeks now, and I'm currently using the Ancient Court Magister's weapon set. I just completed my entire Tyranny of the Dragon campaign and I'm not sure if I should trade my set bonus which is +450 recovery for an Artifact weapon.

The ONLY Artifact weapon that I deem useful would be the Chilling Eye of the Golden Dragon. My main at-will is Chilling Cloud considering I like the AoE damage of the 3rd strike. But why would I sacrifice my set bonus with the Ancient set just for an additional Chill Stack? My rotation I use for trash/dailies is Icy Terrain, Steal Time, Sudden Storm, and Chill Strike in mastery slot. And none of them powers are buffed by Chill Stacks. So why should I even switch. And please don't tell me because it can be upgraded to legendary. There's only a minor difference in the stats other than the effects of the Artifact weapon.

So will someone be nice enough to explain which would be better? Should I switch rotation to powers that are buffed by Chill Stacks? Stick with my Ancient set? I'm really not sure and I'm sure some of you experienced CW users would shine some light on this topic for me.
Thanks for reading!
Post edited by trustissues1 on

Comments

• illestgliderillestglider Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm not sure about your build but I have more recovery than I know what to do with. Because of diminishing returns it is not wise to waste resources by building your recovery up too high. I am still working on getting the artifact weapon So I'm uncertain of it's overall potential in comparison to other orbs, but I don't think the set bonus from the ancient weapons is not that big of a deal. I run the high vizier and "of the shore set." Cant imagine what I would do with another 450 recovery.
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    More weapon damage

More Power

More Crit

An extra offensive enchantment slot.

The buff to Chilling Cloud.

Set bonus w/ Talisman (when released = +250 Crit/Recovery)
  • trustissues1trustissues1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm not sure about your build but I have more recovery than I know what to do with. Because of diminishing returns it is not wise to waste resources by building your recovery up too high. I am still working on getting the artifact weapon So I'm uncertain of it's overall potential in comparison to other orbs, but I don't think the set bonus from the ancient weapons is not that big of a deal. I run the high vizier and "of the shore set." Cant imagine what I would do with another 450 recovery.

My recovery is only at 3.2k, the soft cap is around 3-3.5k. I'm not running the High Vizier set, I much more prefer Shadow Weaver.
    That's just my personal preference. Shadow Weaver gives decent power, crit, and recovery. Whilst HV leaves you with under an insanely low amount of critical. Also, I'm not a big fan of waiting 20 seconds just for the cooldown of EoTS. I'd rather continuously hit crits without relying on EoTS. And slotting critical is hilarious.

Although, I came to my conclusion. I decided to go with my Artifact Weapon.
  • trustissues1trustissues1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    awrex1977 wrote: »
    More weapon damage

More Power

More Crit

An extra offensive enchantment slot.

The buff to Chilling Cloud.

Set bonus w/ Talisman (when released = +250 Crit/Recovery)

Talisman currently isn't in-game. Also, the buff is pointless. Considering I use no encounters that are effected my Chill Stacks. Other than occasionally CoI. The Crit/Power is useful, but as of now that's about it. Upgrading it to legendary will take ages.

But I've decided to go with the Artifact considering recovery isn't a big issue.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My recovery is only at 3.2k, the soft cap is around 3-3.5k. I'm not running the High Vizier set, I much more prefer Shadow Weaver.
    That's just my personal preference. Shadow Weaver gives decent power, crit, and recovery. Whilst HV leaves you with under an insanely low amount of critical. Also, I'm not a big fan of waiting 20 seconds just for the cooldown of EoTS. I'd rather continuously hit crits without relying on EoTS. And slotting critical is hilarious.

Although, I came to my conclusion. I decided to go with my Artifact Weapon.

Also, when used correctly, HV translates into roughly a 30% damage boost for you AND your teammates. There's absolutely nothing that comes even close to boosting your DPS as much as the HV four piece bonus.

30% is about the equivilant of an extra 6000 power. If the bonus of the HV set allowed you to stack up to 6000 extra power (and gave that buff to your teammates), would you take it over the SW? You'd be crazy not too...
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1