test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

hourly specials gone

attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
all day today, there's been no half hour for professions, hour for skirmish bonus AD, hour for PvP or hour Dungeon Delves bonus chest.

what gives? They ARE coming back, right?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I had noticed and was wondering, too.
  • ladysctyxladysctyx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    attorn97 wrote: »
    all day today, there's been no half hour for professions, hour for skirmish bonus AD, hour for PvP or hour Dungeon Delves bonus chest.

what gives? They ARE coming back, right?

Some explanation would be nice... We have had hourly events since launch, to just take them away without mentioning a reason seams kinda messed up. Is it a bug or were they never permanent?

PLEASE GIVE US AT LEAST A LITTLE INFO ON THIS ADMINS
  • waffennachtwaffennacht Member Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    I sadly been playin since day one and knew not of this hour event
    Edit: unless thats why i was randomly getting AD while doing my dailies. I have only been doing AD collecting for the DLCs and today i will finally get my first
    edited May 2015
    I sadly been playin since day one and knew not of this hour event
    Edit: unless thats why i was randomly getting AD while doing my dailies. I have only been doing AD collecting for the DLCs and today i will finally get my first

Yes, that is why you were getting the Ad. There are several events, most last an hour, professions does not. During these hours you get AD for doing the events includes skirmishes, Dungeon Delves, PVP. Some hours or half hours do not have an event. This likely due to the slots being filled by Gauntlgrym (sp.) and Foundry events which we do not have on Xbox.

On the in game menu screen lower right corner will tell you the current event, if one is active, and the upcoming.
  • mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is just a guess, But I figure the hourly events were removed because they conflicted in some way or other with the Call To Arms. For those that were on when Call To Arms first launched, it's launch broke the queue so the event was taken down until it could be fixed. I'm guessing part of that fix removed the hourly events. If those hourly events aren't back by the time the Call To Arms ends though... I say we riot! Or.. you know... just feel a little sad and move on.
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
    edited May 2015
    mrtehpuppy wrote: »
    This is just a guess, But I figure the hourly events were removed because they conflicted in some way or other with the Call To Arms. For those that were on when Call To Arms first launched, it's launch broke the queue so the event was taken down until it could be fixed. I'm guessing part of that fix removed the hourly events. If those hourly events aren't back by the time the Call To Arms ends though... I say we riot! Or.. you know... just feel a little sad and move on.

CTA went up Thurs after testing on Tues, Hourlies worked fine. Hourlies did not break until Friday.
  • mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zephyriah wrote: »
    CTA went up Thurs after testing on Tues, Hourlies worked fine. Hourlies did not break until Friday.

Well then! Uh... there goes my theory. Any mods care for an official statement?
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
  • mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hmm surely it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that we are getting double Astral diamonds in celebration for the duration of the weekend could it? Maybe some people should check the news every once and a while
  • waffennachtwaffennacht Member Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    zephyriah wrote: »
    Yes, that is why you were getting the Ad. There are several events, most last an hour, professions does not. During these hours you get AD for doing the events includes skirmishes, Dungeon Delves, PVP. Some hours or half hours do not have an event. This likely due to the slots being filled by Gauntlgrym (sp.) and Foundry events which we do not have on Xbox.

On the in game menu screen lower right corner will tell you the current event, if one is active, and the upcoming.
    Thank you for such an informative answer :)
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My guess: an attempt to balance AD gain.
    The Call to Arms counts as a Skirmish, which means in a skirmish hour you get 1000ad. I can run 6-9 CTA in an hour - which is 6000 to 9,000. We also had double diamonds this weekend, which would have seen people making 12,000-18,000 an hour.
    If I'm right the events will return when double AD stops.

If not, I'm sure weekly maintenance will see them back.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • ladysctyxladysctyx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    telprydain wrote: »
    My guess: an attempt to balance AD gain.
    The Call to Arms counts as a Skirmish, which means in a skirmish hour you get 1000ad. I can run 6-9 CTA in an hour - which is 6000 to 9,000. We also had double diamonds this weekend, which would have seen people making 12,000-18,000 an hour.
    If I'm right the events will return when double AD stops.

If not, I'm sure weekly maintenance will see them back.

Good answer... I hope you are right. I just hate when popular games (not just MMOs) do unpopular things in game with no explanation whatsoever. If they feel that the current event would screw up the integrity of the ebb and flow of in game fiscal system then just say that because they are helping us out by keeping prices somewhat low in the zen market (economics 101: demand of zen would exceed the supply because the extra AD would drive the price up.)