test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can anyone please tell me how to dye weapons ?

horrthurrhorrthurr Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I know that it is possible somehow...
Post edited by horrthurr on

Comments

• Options
    rovadixrovadix Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2015
    if people post answer here cryptic will fix it xD
    but yeah i would also like to know how to do it, please send pm
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's a shame we can't dye weapons. As far as I'm concerned there can't be enough customization in a game. If it makes you feel any better, the visual of effects your weapon enchantment will probably hide the color of your weapon anyways. What, it doesn't make you feel better? Yeah, me neither...
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    khimera906 wrote: »
    It's a shame we can't dye weapons. As far as I'm concerned there can't be enough customization in a game. If it makes you feel any better, the visual of effects your weapon enchantment will probably hide the color of your weapon anyways. What, it doesn't make you feel better? Yeah, me neither...

there was a way, involving a trick, and what makes it even more frustrating, is that they adhered to the "primary" "secondary" and "accent" categories - i could dye the main blade of a GWF sword a different color than the accent blade, and the hilt a third color - all seen through the weapon enchant.

then it was removed and no workaround - at least they allowed OPs shields to be...uh...NOT DYED...THEY CAN'T DYE SHIELDS, NO NEED TO LOOK INTO IT SHIELDS ON OP CANNOT BE DYED, YOU HEAR.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Since Mod 2 - you can't. End of story.
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    a) I dyed mine after that.
    b) you missed the screenshot someone posted yesterday of their dyed level 70 artifact.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    miomans0miomans0 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    shhhhhhh only devs are allowed to customize weapon so they can reintroduce some of them as "new" transmutes and to gives weapon transmutes more value.
  • Options
    greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited May 2015

lol. Love how most of the community is so unaware. Good, good.
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lol. Love how most of the community is so unaware. Good, good.

One person = most of the community? I know things have gotten bad with module 6 but I don't think it has got quite that bad yet.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    One person = most of the community? I know things have gotten bad with module 6 but I don't think it has got quite that bad yet.

Oh you think so?

I want some of that optimism of yours, I'm serious.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    You could choose to enlighten some of those people.

Then my post would be deleted... what's the point then?
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    a) I dyed mine after that.
    b) you missed the screenshot someone posted yesterday of their dyed level 70 artifact.

...sweet.

Admittedly, I somewhat gave up on that sometime pre Mod 4, as the enchantments dominate weapon colour once you're brought them to R9 or R10 - unless you can work around that, too.

What i did know was that dyes from older times would carry over during transmutations - with somewhat unpredictable results. Still, with my graphics settings my weapons always are 90%+ clad in the weapon enchantment signature colour, so why bother...