test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guilds Need an Update! Hear me out...

mouernmouern Member Posts: 25 Arc User
Hey guys Ninja here again stumbling across some new things I'm certain Neverwinter players will want to see following patch 1.1! I know I and many others are HUGE into guilds. While being part of one or even OWNING a guild is extremely rewarding and for right now suffices the game-play necessary to succeed as a group. Although I've found one MAJOR problem with the guild format.

PLEASE PUT IN A GAME-TIME LOG FOR RECENT PLAYERS IN OUR GUILD: this means that we as guild owners or even guild members need to be able to see the last time people have logged in. The guild bank does an awesome job already of covering deposit and withdrawal history like it should. But having this player log timer in a guild would limit players who were new, joined and guild, and never played the game again thus we can eliminate those who haven't played for a month or longer. As of right now though, we (I say we as in those who own guilds) have no way to be sure if people have played lately or not.

As always let me know what you guys think and keep this thread alive to hopefully see it follow in the next patch after patch 1.1...

On a final note... does anyone know the exact drop date of Patch 1.1? I haven't seen any updates on it yet besides the initiation patch note release! If it has already happened do let me know I just must have not noticed it yet! Thanks everyone.

EDIT: As mentioned by katrena19 (giving credit where credit is due) the addition of a filter when searching for guild members online would be an awesome feature. Also mentioned by katrena19, the addition of a guild CALENDER would be amazing! It could include features of sign-ups for guild events, meetings held by officers, dungeons, skirmishes, world dragons, etc! There is so much potential we see in this game as a community in my opinion. Keep making this game grow guys and gals they're looking towards us for help!
Post edited by mouern on

Comments

• mouernmouern Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I myself am not a guild leader on Neverwinter. However i have been on numerous other MMoRPGs as well as ( get ready for a flashback) way way way back in the days of AOL roleplaying in chat rooms. I personally think that idea would totally benefit every guild in this game. It would help weed out the people who do NOT contribute to the guild or play very often. Of course the severity of the action taken against said people would ultimately be up to the guild leader and his or her lieutenants.

Very true my friend! I use to be a HUGE WoW player and loved the guilds in it because you could see posts from peoples mini bio's... player log/player play times and such and it just allowed you to see what your guildies are and WERE up to and it helped knowing hey they haven't been on all day and this person is SUCH a regular player they may be on soon! I knew several good friends from guilds who would actually go as far as updating their mini-bios (seen by simply selecting or scrolling over their name) to say things like: "gone for lunch be back in 30" or "burritos got my stomach good, give me 15 and I'll be back". I liked knowing the reliability of my guild members was measurable in certain ways!
  • theivinghoodtheivinghood Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To add also a calender to arrange regular nights and sign ups for certain events would be nice or if they just gave us what the PC version had.
  • katrena19katrena19 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would like to Agree here we need to know when our guild members were last signed in as this will help us to keep Our guilds active & not have deadwood in our guilds. this being said I would also like to add maybe you could also add a feature where Members that are playing the game are all on one page instead of having to go through pages to find that guild member to add them to your party :),Also can you Expand the permissions to Allow more Text to be written in the Guild Description at the moment we only have permission to write only 2 Lines.
    mouern wrote: »
    Hey guys Ninja here again stumbling across some new things I'm certain Neverwinter players will want to see following patch 1.1! I know I and many others are HUGE into guilds. While being part of one or even OWNING a guild is extremely rewarding and for right now suffices the game-play necessary to succeed as a group. Although I've found one MAJOR problem with the guild format.

PLEASE PUT IN A GAME-TIME LOG FOR RECENT PLAYERS IN OUR GUILD: this means that we as guild owners or even guild members need to be able to see the last time people have logged in. The guild bank does an awesome job already of covering deposit and withdrawal history like it should. But having this player log timer in a guild would limit players who were new, joined and guild, and never played the game again thus we can eliminate those who haven't played for a month or longer. As of right now though, we (I say we as in those who own guilds) have no way to be sure if people have played lately or not.

As always let me know what you guys think and keep this thread alive to hopefully see it follow in the next patch after patch 1.1...

On a final note... does anyone know the exact drop date of Patch 1.1? I haven't seen any updates on it yet besides the initiation patch note release! If it has already happened do let me know I just must have not noticed it yet! Thanks everyone.
    edited May 2015
    katrena19 wrote: »
    I would like to Agree here we need to know when our guild members were last signed in as this will help us to keep Our guilds active & not have deadwood in our guilds. this being said I would also like to add maybe you could also add a feature where Members that are playing the game are all on one page instead of having to go through pages to find that guild member to add them to your party :),Also can you Expand the permissions to Allow more Text to be written in the Guild Description at the moment we only have permission to write only 2 Lines.

So true. Being able to keep all members that're online in order then flip through pages maybe listed by last time on. Also I really like the other idea mentioned of keeping a calender to arrange for dungeons, etc. for players who are on tighter schedules, work during the day, or go to school so that THEY have a better idea as to when most of their guildies will be getting on. Really good ideas guys I really like where this is going! Keep up with the awesome ideas! Remember, they're listening to us for ideas and more, this is one of the first kinds of games like this on the xbox console so they're looking to us for help!
  • xclusiv3636xclusiv3636 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mouern wrote: »
    So true. Being able to keep all members that're online in order then flip through pages maybe listed by last time on. Also I really like the other idea mentioned of keeping a calender to arrange for dungeons, etc. for players who are on tighter schedules, work during the day, or go to school so that THEY have a better idea as to when most of their guildies will be getting on. Really good ideas guys I really like where this is going! Keep up with the awesome ideas! Remember, they're listening to us for ideas and more, this is one of the first kinds of games like this on the xbox console so they're looking to us for help!

Another feature that the pc had that I sorely miss is being able to add user notes by your name in guild lookup, I.e. "14500 GS vorp, stone, soul". So people in guild know what your rocking for runs or any other note you'd want to put
    edited May 2015
    Another feature that the pc had that I sorely miss is being able to add user notes by your name in guild lookup, I.e. "14500 GS vorp, stone, soul". So people in guild know what your rocking for runs or any other note you'd want to put

For sure! I mentioned something of that sort I believe already but I have seen it for uses like that for people to see what they are/were/or will soon to be up to! Really love the ideas people!
  • bossmchoggbossmchogg Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Guild voice chat would be the best invention ever.
  • waffennachtwaffennacht Member Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    They cant get the bank to work right i really really doubt they'll make anything you guys suggested that actually works. Also has anyone ever got a response from anyone that works on the game?
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There's a guild update coming soon. Named Neverwinter:Strongholds. Some more information will be shared inthe next few weeks. Or so they say. So I guess you guys won't have to wait too long :)
    edited May 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    There's a guild update coming soon. Named Neverwinter:Strongholds. Some more information will be shared inthe next few weeks. Or so they say. So I guess you guys won't have to wait too long :)

That's awesome!!!! That's very exciting news for everyone! Not even half a year old on console and they're already making awesome improvements to a game that has SO much potential. I cannot wait until this well rounded stone becomes a polished rock. I don't know if I'll ever be able to put it down!