test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Screen burn in?

urdicaurdica Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Hello,
Would be great if you could add an option to auto-dim the static HUD elements or enable text transparency.... I got some nasty screen burn in on my plasma TV from my character's name always being in the same place.

Thanks!
Post edited by urdica on

Comments

• eroticdoomeroticdoom Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah I had that issue few years ago modern plasmas have an orbit option that shifts screen up , down , left and right by a few pixels. other options are after extensive gaming watch a film ( with no black borders ) , or leave it with a static ( non tuned channel ) for half an hour.
    " I reject your reality and substitute it with my own "
  • urdicaurdica Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the help. I did actually enable pixel orbiter and have been using my TV's 'screen washer" to get rid of it (almost gone now), but it would be nice if I didn't have to worry about this. If they could implement UI scaling this would also help because I could move things around a bit. I have also been using the 'display area calibration' setting in the game options to move things around as a workaround. Even Xbox Minecraft has a UI dimming option...I would think that something like this would be possible for Neverwinter as well. I'm sure these kinds of UI issues are just due to the transition from PC to TV, but let's hope they can address them.