test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kicking in Epic Dungeons

shatodshatod Member Posts: 56
It is completely out of control...and need to be stop ASAP. Don't lay that group excuse or lay down a link..the fact it if they want a part a certain way..they should do it before they enter a dungeon..several time in the dungeon i was kick just before boss first. This needs to be address ASAP...this is total garbage. Kicking is a action of tiny mind kids...that care nothing but themselves....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    negepicmaggotnegepicmaggot Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think voting to kick should be disabled in final boss on every dungeon....Ive been lucky and have never had it happen to me yet
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The vote to kick should be taking out completely..it garbage and being totally abused! And auto vote should take it place if the person is AFK for extended period....
  • Options
    karlspaklerkarlspakler Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It can be abused, but it needs to be there. Otherwise you risk abuse in the other direction which is worse in my opinion.... afk'ers getting the top rewards. If you want to avoid abuse entirely, join a clan and do the dungeons with them.
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sadly, it does need to be there. I’ve had too many cases where one person was AFK, or disconnected for ages (but still in the party) or was unhelpful/disruptive.
    I do think that maybe there needs to be some control on the feature – letting the target of the kick vote, limited number of kicks per person and requiring a majority ‘yes’ are all things that could be implemented.

Last night two friends and I were doing the drow epic and two control wizards joined us. One was helpful, the other was charging in like a tank, wasn’t helping when we grouped the mobs and kept pulling new mobs. The first wizard had worse gearscore, but the second one was dire. And anyone who’s done that final boss battle knows that second guy was a liability. After the second boss, when he still wasn’t playing ball, we had to apply a swift boot. It sucked, but he wasn’t playing with the team.
    We then got a 12.5gs ranger join the team who immediately tried to boot the remaining wizard. We didn’t let the happen, but nor did we boot the range (rangers get booted all the time, but a good ranger is awesome) and we instead just proceeded ahead to the boss.
    It was a thing of beauty – the ranger gathered and bound the mobs, the wizard aoe’d them and the thief and warlock slammed the boss while the cleric de-buffed her. Nailed it first run, no deaths.

What I’m saying here is that we had to boot the second wizard (for not playing with the team), but it would have been wrong to boot the ranger (like so many do) or let the ranger boot the ‘good’ wizard just because he had low GS or wasn’t the ‘ideal’ class.
    Team work and planning won out, we had a great time and got the job done. That’s how it should be played.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    telprydain wrote: »
    Sadly, it does need to be there. I’ve had too many cases where one person was AFK, or disconnected for ages (but still in the party) or was unhelpful/disruptive.

My friend and I tried doing this. A HR was DCed for well over 30 minutes. My friend initiated a vote kick because, well, lets get someone in that can actually do something. It was declined. 10 minutes later, the HR finally gets in, to which one of the three randoms initiated a vote kick on my friend, which everyone (but myself) accepted. They then proceed to vote kick me because the other GWF didn't want to compete for top DPS or loot with another GWF (he was poorly geared and barely had the GS for the Epic dungeon, while I was decently geared and greatly over the required GS)

I agree with you, but it's a double edged sword. Vote kicking someone who may be a part of the group that just joined is going to cause issues for you or who ever started the vote.
  • Options
    inlove2marrowinlove2marrow Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2015
    It can be abused, but it needs to be there. Otherwise you risk abuse in the other direction which is worse in my opinion.... afk'ers getting the top rewards. If you want to avoid abuse entirely, join a clan and do the dungeons with them.

BUMP ^This right here yo.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    If you read my post the vote should be implemented on AFK...so they wouldn't get top gear. It's the BS kick that need to stop..the entering dungeon or the final boss...maybe all kickers need to pay 1000 astro per kick, and not be able to kick for 24hrs..that would slow it it down....it they want a certain type of team before entering the dungeon..make it before entering....was in dungeon it is as is....and the kicking need to stop period! You don't like the team..leave....don't be a childish moron and ruing someone else time by kicking like a ******!
  • Options
    icescaledragonicescaledragon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    they need to set it up so you can que for a 1 Healer/ 1 Tank / 3 Dps i think it make it way easier then kicking people for over 30min+ just for a tank or healer because all this kicking right when you join is broken and it kinda blows .. or just make it so you cant kick people one after another unless the person is D/C for several minutes
  • Options
    zachwhozachwho Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Or as someone else said, join a guild and run with them. If you're wanting to get carried through content, get guildies to do it. I can't tell you how many times I've gone into a T2 and had someone in there barely meeting the gs requirements, with blues and greens on. Auto kick. I'm not here to carry you, I did my time in T1s and got my gs up. I don't want to be detrimental to my group so I worked on my character. Now I do have the benefit of being a GF and I usually have real life friends that okay a DC and TR with me. But we're not carrying anyone through a dungeon to get loot when they can't put in the minimal time to at least get a set of t1 and unicorn gear.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I know... I'm just saying for other people and so what people can't help others gear up. Most guild are full dipsticks and still won't get people even if you do join them it just for member count. This is the reason why most games these days blow cause it full with people like them...

Example T1 Crypts/Cloak Tower are easy runs if you dont have gear lowest Epic Dungeons ... Others Epic Dungeon you should have a few Purple Pieces
  • Options
    jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited April 2015
    You could get rid of vote kick, no one decent would ever join the queue, all you would ever see in chat would be requests for the popular classes with a required GS higher than what one would have to actually need the loot.

EVEN WITH vote kick this happened on PC because chat is easy there. Pretty much the dungeon queue would be all bads unable to get a party through the chat system.......careful what you wish for.
  • Options
    nfldpatriotnfldpatriot Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Got kicked last night at the end boss for Castle Never after doing the dungeon from the beginning. It was replacement players that kicked me after we had a few quitters. Losing your well earned save point on an end boss should not happen. In this case players that earned the save point should not be kicked or should be given that save point in another instance if kicked.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    zachwho wrote: »
    Or as someone else said, join a guild and run with them. If you're wanting to get carried through content, get guildies to do it. I can't tell you how many times I've gone into a T2 and had someone in there barely meeting the gs requirements, with blues and greens on. Auto kick. I'm not here to carry you, I did my time in T1s and got my gs up. I don't want to be detrimental to my group so I worked on my character. Now I do have the benefit of being a GF and I usually have real life friends that okay a DC and TR with me. But we're not carrying anyone through a dungeon to get loot when they can't put in the minimal time to at least get a set of t1 and unicorn gear.
    Well the blue and green line is utter BS,....hey did you know artifacts come in green at first, and are better the n the tier 2 stuff! And the healer and tank <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is pure garbage...we ran karrudax yesterday with 2 gf 2 cw, 1hr...and beat it....mostly to prove those that cry tank and healer have no skill!
  • Options
    gaanjaa81gaanjaa81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    shatod wrote: »
    And the healer and tank <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is pure garbage...we ran karrudax yesterday with 2 gf 2 cw, 1hr...and beat it....mostly to prove those that cry tank and healer have no skill!

Its not about ''needing'' a tank and cleric, its about ''wanting'' them, having them in a party normally makes things a lot easier, quicker and smoother.
    Devoted cleric rule number one = We cant cure stupidity so no heals for fools ^.^
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    gaanjaa81 wrote: »
    Its not about ''needing'' a tank and cleric, its about ''wanting'' them, having them in a party normally makes things a lot easier, quicker and smoother.
    Joining a queue should be as is..if you want a certain set up...create group before joining a queue...going kick happy to get what you want is just hitting someone else enjoyment of the game, and that it BS
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    shatod wrote: »
    Joining a queue should be as is..if you want a certain set up...create group before joining a queue...going kick happy to get what you want is just hitting someone else enjoyment of the game, and that it BS

i agree, hence why i only run with specific group of friends :P
    Devoted cleric rule number one = We cant cure stupidity so no heals for fools ^.^
  • Options
    ueturuetur Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In my opinion the problem is less with the vote to kick system and more with the Queue system. Getting kicked at a boss fight is a rarer event but getting kicked right after joining a Queue is pretty commonplace. I usually wait for friends before using a Queue system.
  • Options
    alclemistalclemist Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    anyone else getting kicked a lot in the Lair of Pirate king? Every dungeon i find I get kicked its getting pointless the voting thing is a slim chance for me anyways.. but The pirate king one is the only trouble i seem to be having. I got all purple and the Gear score is close to 10k I'm a rogue.. I think rogues get bullied the most. Once pitcher 3 comes I'm done with this trash lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    both voting and queue systems sucks ... they need to be fix ... giving people to vote to kick anytime they want really sucks
  • Options
    spazorbitspazorbit Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There needs to be a balance with the kicking but most of all the que system itself, a GWF should not be put in a dungeon that needs a healer or tank, a fresh group that just joined the dungeon should not consist of 2 GWF, 2 hunters, and a Warlock. There is 0 balance in the que system and that is whats causing the issue in the first place. They need to fix the balance of the que system, assign each class to it's actual role like in WoW and that would cut out 90% of the bs kicking that is being abused right now. Honestly, unless they fix these two major things, the xbox version will fail fairly quick.
  • Options
    gfyssnakezgfyssnakez Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Look, it's simple. Groups need healers and tanks. You cannot hope to defeat these final bosses without them. How can a group survive without someone to take care of all the ads around the boss, and to keep everyone from taking so much damage. If I join join a dungeon and they don't have a healer or tank I just leave and find a new one. Best way to make sure you stay in a dungeon is to party up with others. Get yourself in a group with a GF and DC.
  • Options
    theassistmantheassistman Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i am soooooo tired of **** players thinking that its insane!!!!!!!!!!!!! you DO NOT NEED a tank or a healer to defeat ANY DUNGEON AT ALL!! the kicking in this game is ridiculous cause you have a bunch of people that know nothing about the game whatsoever just "thinking" they need a healer or a tank and kick , kick , kick til they get one. you dont! all you need is 5 good skilled players that know how to play their class well and are good. i just ran 3 dungeons with my group. i am a very good cw with a gs of 11k we had me another cw with a 9k gs, 2 hunter rangers with 9.5k gs's and 1 tr with a 9k gs. not even really well geared players at all. so 2 control wizards, 2 hunter rangers and 1 trickster rogue. we did pirates lair and not one of us died once the entire dungeon and even on the main boss fight. we even beat the pirate king in under 30 seconds! then we did the frozen dungeon. once again beat it easily and only dies on the 1st run of the final boss due to lag spike. then we did the caverns dungeon. ran threw it like cake! no healer, no tank at all and beat 3 dungeons with ease! so please for the love f god just get good at your class. know your role. know how to play your role. know how to have good team synergy and stop the kicking. its like people just need a crutch to lean on in a healer or tank and just cant be good players. its not that hard. just help your team and do your job. the useless kicking has got to stop! once again i repeat. you do not need a healer or a tank all you need is 5 good skilled players that know what they are doing and built their classes to help the team not themselves. this is not a solo game it is a team game so make sure that what you are using is team friendly and you will breeze thru dungeons.
    Check me out on YouTube youtube.com/user/TheRealAssistMan or by googling or searing The Assist Man on YouTube.
    youtube.com/user/TheRealAssistMan
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    i am soooooo tired of **** players thinking that its insane!!!!!!!!!!!!! you DO NOT NEED a tank or a healer to defeat ANY DUNGEON AT ALL!! the kicking in this game is ridiculous cause you have a bunch of people that know nothing about the game whatsoever just "thinking" they need a healer or a tank and kick , kick , kick til they get one. you dont! all you need is 5 good skilled players that know how to play their class well and are good. i just ran 3 dungeons with my group. i am a very good cw with a gs of 11k we had me another cw with a 9k gs, 2 hunter rangers with 9.5k gs's and 1 tr with a 9k gs. not even really well geared players at all. so 2 control wizards, 2 hunter rangers and 1 trickster rogue. we did pirates lair and not one of us died once the entire dungeon and even on the main boss fight. we even beat the pirate king in under 30 seconds! then we did the frozen dungeon. once again beat it easily and only dies on the 1st run of the final boss due to lag spike. then we did the caverns dungeon. ran threw it like cake! no healer, no tank at all and beat 3 dungeons with ease! so please for the love f god just get good at your class. know your role. know how to play your role. know how to have good team synergy and stop the kicking. its like people just need a crutch to lean on in a healer or tank and just cant be good players. its not that hard. just help your team and do your job. the useless kicking has got to stop! once again i repeat. you do not need a healer or a tank all you need is 5 good skilled players that know what they are doing and built their classes to help the team not themselves. this is not a solo game it is a team game so make sure that what you are using is team friendly and you will breeze thru dungeons.

your so hardcore man, real bro....
  • Options
    azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    it is funny, as GWF I keep getting kicked from dgs. Yet, when given a chance I never failed any dungeon. I got about 10~11k gs (pretty ok for a sentinel tank gwf). my build is pretty effective pve and pvp (mostlypvp) but i can do even castle never no problem. yet if i try to pug I get instant kick .
    I have seen the same party stays like five hours kicking people and refuse to even try with me in their groups. lol
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options
    azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gwf can tank too, if iron vanguard sentinel. can build good aggro and and can outdps any tank gf by up to 3x more. yet ppl kick gwfs because all the others gwfs around there dont know how to play and gave the class a bad image.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options
    vintagevivvintageviv Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gfyssnakez wrote: »
    Look, it's simple. Groups need healers and tanks. You cannot hope to defeat these final bosses without them. How can a group survive without someone to take care of all the ads around the boss, and to keep everyone from taking so much damage. If I join join a dungeon and they don't have a healer or tank I just leave and find a new one. Best way to make sure you stay in a dungeon is to party up with others. Get yourself in a group with a GF and DC.

I respectfully disagree. A skilled group can handle all T1 and most T2 dungeon without the need for a healer and tank. My guild did several Epic Frozen Heart and Epic Spellplague with only one or the other, or even neither. It can be done. People need to 1) "git gud" and 2) stop limiting themselves with this manner of thinking. What do you do if the healer or tank goes down mid fight? Run around in a panic?
  • Options
    cybergutscyberguts Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This has just happened to me in an Epic Frozen Heart.
    Killed the final boss, with minions still coming. We couldn't open the chest as minions were still spawning....

The kids playing were going "oh, that guy that did 17million damage (me) kick him as he's made the game glitch with his high damage"

Though and behold, I was kicked without getting the final chest :mad:
    Erdan Darksbane - Lvl 60 Soulbinder Fury SW
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gfyssnakez wrote: »
    Nope. One or the other class is helpful, but neither class is required to finish any dungeon. In fact, I'd rather not have a GF in any run (but I won't kick one just because of that) because encounters end faster with more DPS classes (and GWF can do double duty DPS/Tank too). The fastest T2 and T2.5 runs I've done have been with at least four DPS classes (2 CWs, a TR, and a SW is best). I'd even trade a DC for a GWF (especially if the SW also heals).
    vintageviv wrote: »
    I respectfully disagree. A skilled group can handle all T1 and most T2 dungeon without the need for a healer and tank. My guild did several Epic Frozen Heart and Epic Spellplague with only one or the other, or even neither. It can be done. People need to 1) "git gud" and 2) stop limiting themselves with this manner of thinking. What do you do if the healer or tank goes down mid fight? Run around in a panic?

Hear, hear! I'm not sure where this notion that GFs and DCs are required is coming from, but it's simply not true. NW is not a Trinity MMORPG.
  • Options
    zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    After finally hitting 60 on my Hellbringer Templock, my group didn't even need to bother recruiting a healer for our dungeon farming yesterday. I have enough life steal to keep my alive. Combine that with the Temptation feats and paragon capstone, I was able to provide effectively enough group healing for my entire party that we all forgot we didn't even have a DC in the party.
  • Options
    rangerman25rangerman25 Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2015
    Tanks are helpful in dungeons, as are healers, that being said. I have done several dungeons where we dont need either or. If you want to run a dungeon, stock up on the best healing potions you can. In the absence of a healer they work wonders. We do need the vote kick option and every MMORPG has them and they arent going anywhere. What we do need is players with common sense. One dungeon I ran last night (I am a tank) we had this one DPS player literally kept trying to bullrush his way through the dungeon and would pull mobs like crazy at 25% health. He wiped twice and said "way to go stupid you stupid Guardian. What were you guarding? Your ***?" Like I can magically keep him alive at 25% health. I mean come on, tanks are not God...we can only do so much. Needless to say I voted to kick him not for his insults but because he was a moron plain and simple. He tried to have me kicked twice before that...three guesses why. I love running the dungeons I just wish some players would learn to play their roles and learn that if you try to take on a fresh group of mobs at 25%...85% chance you're gonna wipe. And thank god the vote kick is there for use against these idiots