test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP Questionaire

falkenblackhandfalkenblackhand Member Posts: 310 Arc User
So many things can be said about PVP in this game. Everyone has their opinions about what should and should not be allowed. Not everyone agrees with everyone else either. I want to know your opinions on PVP.
Is it balanced?
Is it fair?
Does it work as is?
Should battle potions be eliminated from PVP?
How much Tenacity is enough when developing a gear set?
Should Shadow puppets be allowed if all other companions are not?
Is the matching system fair?
Does it work?
Soulforge enchantment or enchantments of any kind, fair or no?
Does it seem like the game favors certain class combinations when matching?
Whats the best class?
Whats the worst?

Feel free to add to the list of questions. I look forward to seeing the answers.
-Falken Blackhand (Co-Leader) Of The Forsaken Reborn
LVL 70 Hunter Ranger Pathfinder/Trapper
Post edited by falkenblackhand on

Comments

• rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So many things can be said about PVP in this game. Everyone has their opinions about what should and should not be allowed. Not everyone agrees with everyone else either. I want to know your opinions on PVP.
    Is it balanced?
    Is it fair?
    Does it work as is?
    Does it work?
    Whats the best class?
    Whats the worst?

Feel free to add to the list of questions. I look forward to seeing the answers.

Is it balanced?
    No way, they left bugs in from PC mod 5 that were considered broken and OP
    Is it fair?
    See above, though with the more limited gear on Xbox I'd assume its a bit better than PC atm
    Does it work as is?
    It works.. but so does a $300 pc. theres a different between working, and working WELL
    No
    Truth be told tenacity is a bad mechanic. A passive %dr in PvP to all characters that is even would be better, and the PvP gear could have some other benefits instead of essentially causing new PvP players to be killed over and over because they have not yet been able to farm PvP gear, either that or have an intro quest at max level that gifts a basic PvP set
    Shadow puppet is an important part of The SW class, much more so for damnation spec, it's not a companion. but part of their damage, and only lasts for a set number of attacks unless fully specced into it. think of it as a passive damage skill.
    Not sure what it would be like now, but I'd assume its a lot better than PC
    Does it work?
    Well. are you getting into PVP? then yes it does
    Some enchantments are inherently stronger than others, which is less fun, but they are fair in the sense anyone can obtain them (although 1% chance on pres wards is massively unfair compared to 100% for a 1k zen item)
    not really, it just puts people people who are in the queue together
    Whats the best class?
    Depends on your idea of "best"
    Whats the worst?
    Depends on your idea of "worst"
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • firesforever2firesforever2 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It Is massively unbalanced, 1 or less rogues you loose, 2 rogues is win if others only have 1 or less, if you have group of 3 rogues your team will dominate. No other class matters in pvp, is probably why there are so many rogues.
  • fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    It Is massively unbalanced, 1 or less rogues you loose, 2 rogues is win if others only have 1 or less, if you have group of 3 rogues your team will dominate. No other class matters in pvp, is probably why there are so many rogues.

You are..... how do I put it in a nice way, misinformed?
  • robertdiazrobertdiaz Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2015
    Is it fair?

Not at all.

Yes.

Yes. Warlocks need all the help they can get.

Not at all.

Not at all fair. Soulforged especially gives such an advantage against those who don't have it that I'd say it's game-changing. Sure, you can beat people that have it if you massively outplay them. I could beat people 2 on 1 while at 5% hp if I massively outplay them (or I should say if they make a massive amount of mistakes). That doesn't mean I wasn't at a huge disadvantage.
    Whats the best class?

Devoted Cleric & Rogue. I'd say it's about a tie between them because a DC's heals vs a rogue's infinite back-capping potential make them close in the ability to carry games.
    Whats the worst?

Warlock by far. Right now they are like a mediocre DPS with virtually no helpful utility for their team. They get easily destroyed unless the opponent is AFK or completely new to PVP or possibly has their controller disconnect. Sure, they can put an annoying DoT on me or deal some burst, but they just lack the utilities to be truly effective in PvP. Any other DPS is better and more useful for many reasons, especially Rogue / CW / HR.

Ultimately I wish there was a mode where a player's gear / enchantments / stats were all equalized somehow, so that a player or team's skill played the biggest part in winning a match. PvP gear could give different sorts of advantages such as gaining more glory / rare items / astral diamonds / other rewards for winning matches.

I also wish there were other gametypes or maps, such as Team Deathmatch or Capture the flag or Team Elimination.

The PvP could be really great in this game if they just added more to it and made some changes with balance.
    Britney Spears Hunter Ranger

twitch.tv/xx_alucard
    edited May 2015
    fukiiyu wrote: »
    You are..... how do I put it in a nice way, misinformed?

Nope even I have a rogue alt for level 60 pvp, just like you obviously do ;)

It's no secret at this point.
  • fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Nope even I have a rogue alt for level 60 pvp, just like you obviously do ;)

It's no secret at this point.

Um I obviously have what? A TR Alt? No I have 0 Alts and 1 TR.

What secret?
    edited May 2015
    fukiiyu wrote: »
    Um I obviously have what? A TR Alt? No I have 0 Alts and 1 TR.

What secret?
    Surprised you not been banned for having such an offensive forum username