test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wizzards at end game pvp

dscontroladodscontrolado Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Library
hey! Im back from a pause of 6months

Atm im not doing so well with wizz (lvl60-69 pvp).

Im here to ask you if a wizz at end game can 1vs1 the other classes
Post edited by dscontrolado on

Comments

• dscontroladodscontrolado Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Want to ask you if Life steal is good atm and whats the name of the ''best'' gear for pvp
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just playing around a bit, CW feels like it is in a good place.

In my opinion, i would say the best PVP classes are:
    1 unkillable Daily spamming DC (unkillable without multiple players focusing CC)
    2 TR with Impossible to Catch & Smoke Bomb + stealth + dodges Good for whittling down opponents.
    3 CW/HR - great ranged damage. CC is more of an interupt now, but roots are pretty good.
    4 GWF - great spike damage, option to run away from fight (depending on build)
    5 GF/Pally - slow to kill

If lifesteal procs great, but health stacking is probably best and then make use of the spawning potions.
    I'm using PVE gear & all I can say is its not the best.

If you haven't put your shield on tab, bite the bullet and do it. Just about anything can tear you to shreds without shield.
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for your reply :)
    I think im gettin owned because of the diference of my old gear (lvl60 gear 6months ago) to the lvl 65 pvp gear that some players have.

However is kinda hard ( impossible ) to catch a rogue.
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for your reply :)
    I think im gettin owned because of the diference of my old gear (lvl60 gear 6months ago) to the lvl 65 pvp gear that some players have.

However is kinda hard ( impossible ) to catch a rogue.

Very hard to catch a rogue, but you can at least make them run from time to time by yourself.
    May want to put Storm Pillar as your 2nd at will & just spam it if you know one is near. Fully charged, it at least works like a rogue detector. You have to grossly outplay a TR to beat them 1v1, but there are a lot of really bad TR players.
  • matheusdinizsrmatheusdinizsr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    CW is very fun on pvp

You can do great if you have nice skills. But you will always lose to TR
    edited April 2015
    I have to say with the stunning roots, HR comes out above CW.
    But still in a good place.
    edited April 2015
    I have to say with the stunning roots, HR comes out above CW.
    But still in a good place.
    Even at end game pvp? Did they get buffed or what?
    When i quited nw months ago it was the worst class
    edited April 2015
    Even at end game pvp? Did they get buffed or what?
    When i quited nw months ago it was the worst class

Its a new module, new level cap, and some new feats/encounters. So yea, I would say we got buffed from months ago.
    There is still 2 - 3 classes we are cannon fodder to in 1v1, but we are in a much better place than we have been excluding the brief moment of glory at the beginning of mod 4 I think it was.

Also, if your not using Spell Twisting for PVP, you are probably doing it wrong.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i personal dont use spell twisting i am full renegade .aaaaa and enjoy the exploit spell twisting with the artifact:).
  • nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    But you will always lose to TR

Any class will.
    Yesterday my PUG for GG was an all-TR. I tried with my CW but well, you're here some place, you hear the "poof" of a TR Tab. And you wait for the incoming insta-death. So I reroll-ed a TR like everyone.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
    edited May 2015
    Actually, at this point I don't know which I would rather face, a TR or a HR.
    In a one on one face off, a good TR will kill a CW one on one and probably take almost no damage in the process.
    An HR using the below options feats will do the same by stunlocking the CW from 100% to 0 health. Each stun is very brief, but they chain together so fast you can't do anything a lot of the time. In PVE gear, you don't move or do anything at all, you just set there and die. I have 2 pieces of the new PVP gear, and occasionally I can get off a Disintegrate or OF between stuns before being put back into stunlock.
    It has the equivalent of Spell Twisting, stuns on root via class ability, and stuns on crit via feat & class ability interaction (combine this with LM set which is are all crits). It basically spams all 6 encounters nonstop (including Fox's Cunning to dodge a incoming attack if there is one), while applying stuns on crits & 2 or more of the encounters.

HR PVP Setup

Hindering Shot/Hindering Strike (Encounter - applies weak & strong grasping roots)
    Fox's Cunning/Fox Shift (Encounter - dodge next incoming attack & Dash between targets with brief immunity to dmg/cc)
    Marauder's Escape/Marauder's Rush (move into combat with weak attack & move out of combat & gain ap) - other encounters can be used

Crushing Roots (Class Feature - weak grasping Roots now also Dazes the target for .125 sec & srong grasping roots dazes the target for .25 sec)

Trappers Cunning (Trapper Feat - Crits havea 25% chance of applying weak grasping roots)
    ForestBond (Trapper Feat - Applying Grasping Roots reduces cooldown of powers by 5%)
    Swiftness of the Fox (Trapper Feat Melee encounters cd of ranged by 15% & vice versa)
    Thorned Roots (Trapper Feat - Strong Grasping Roots are now Thorned Roots dealing 200% of weapond dmg per sec)
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Spell Twisting Feat: This feat no longer resets cooldowns on powers that it should not. yupi finaly bb.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Actually, at this point I don't know which I would rather face, a TR or a HR.
    In a one on one face off, a good TR will kill a CW one on one and probably take almost no damage in the process.
    An HR using the below options feats will do the same by stunlocking the CW from 100% to 0 health. Each stun is very brief, but they chain together so fast you can't do anything a lot of the time. In PVE gear, you don't move or do anything at all, you just set there and die. I have 2 pieces of the new PVP gear, and occasionally I can get off a Disintegrate or OF between stuns before being put back into stunlock.
    It has the equivalent of Spell Twisting, stuns on root via class ability, and stuns on crit via feat & class ability interaction (combine this with LM set which is are all crits). It basically spams all 6 encounters nonstop (including Fox's Cunning to dodge a incoming attack if there is one), while applying stuns on crits & 2 or more of the encounters.

HR PVP Setup

Hindering Shot/Hindering Strike (Encounter - applies weak & strong grasping roots)
    Fox's Cunning/Fox Shift (Encounter - dodge next incoming attack & Dash between targets with brief immunity to dmg/cc)
    Marauder's Escape/Marauder's Rush (move into combat with weak attack & move out of combat & gain ap) - other encounters can be used

Crushing Roots (Class Feature - weak grasping Roots now also Dazes the target for .125 sec & srong grasping roots dazes the target for .25 sec)

Trappers Cunning (Trapper Feat - Crits havea 25% chance of applying weak grasping roots)
    ForestBond (Trapper Feat - Applying Grasping Roots reduces cooldown of powers by 5%)
    Swiftness of the Fox (Trapper Feat Melee encounters cd of ranged by 15% & vice versa)
    Thorned Roots (Trapper Feat - Strong Grasping Roots are now Thorned Roots dealing 200% of weapond dmg per sec)

yer....

im halfling with valindra set and some other ctrl resist stats.. still basically get perma stunned/ dead...
    edited May 2015
    Previous post

There may be another bug involved in getting all of the quick procs.

Below taken from another post

Slot Constricting arrow, binding arrow, and longstrider shot + crushing roots. Make sure you are trapper with the cooldown reduction from melee-ranged.

First you need a weapon enchant that ticks damage. perfect plaguefire works well.

Go into melee and cast gushing wounds. Go back into ranged and enjoy shooting constricting, binding, and longstrider as if they were at-wills. Every tick of gushing lowers ranged cooldowns so your 3 ranged skills are up 24/7. Combine that with crushing roots and you have perma daze with the highest burst and dps output of any class.