test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M6 rewards

mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
To sum it up.

Nerfs aka less rewards:
  • Leadership tasks duration increased
  • Neverember dailies removed
  • GG dailies removed
  • Dungeon chest no longer can be opened without a key during DD
  • Sharandar daily lair chests no longer contain epic/blue item (69 greeny instead)
  • Dread Ring daily lair chests no longer grant 100% chance for epic marks nor contain epic/blue item (69 greeny instead)
  • IWD chests (used to give epic/blue 60 lvl rings, necks and belts) now give lvl 69/70 greenies
  • Mobs no longer drop blue items (has to be confirmed, I personally haven't seen one to drop since M6 release)
  • Dragon Hoard enchantments bugged/nerfed(?)
  • Skirmish farming indirectly nerfed by increased difficulty (a run takes more time -> less runs)

Buffs aka more rewards:
  • Sharandar weekly gives thaumaturge stones equal to 15000 RP
  • New leadership tasks (arguably) give more rewards
  • SCA drop companion gear (ultra nerfed drop rates)
  • New areas drop R5 enchantments
  • Better overflow exp rewards (arguably, since it takes almost 3 times more exp then before, while overall exp rewards were nerfed ~3 times)
M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
Post edited by mehguy138 on

Comments

• d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Mod6 was about taking away, pure and simple. Its like they robbed your house while you are on vacation, taking everything you value. Now you must slowly rebuild all you once had and will likely never get things balanced as they once were. Oh and bugs, they left an infestation of bugs when they were robbing you to make this rebuilding all the more horrible.
  • vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    To sum it up.

Nerfs aka less rewards:
    • Sharandar daily lair chests no longer contain epic/blue item (69 greeny instead)
    • Dread Ring daily lair chests no longer grant 100% chance for epic marks nor contain epic/blue item (69 greeny instead)
    • IWD chests (used to give epic/blue 60 lvl rings, necks and belts) now give lvl 69/70 greenies
    Didn't know about those. What motivation we have to keep running those lairs now? 0.0000001% to get the artifact or companion?
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    and nerf

The gems we make meant to bolster armor no longer works
  • arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Half the stuff in the game doesn't work as intended, they took about all the AD gain the in game away, plus added a huge timers to most of the stuff in professions. Ah never mind just tired of reading and explaining just how bad Mod 6 is.

They should just shut this game down and get it done with, worsts and incompetent staff I've ever seen working on a game, with each module they bring out, they break the game more and more, and with Mod 6 they just broke the game.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    With all the nerf to AD, "gold sellers" will probably get a lot of $. It's like... they wanted to help all those 3rd party sites.
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    But you guys are not seeing the positive sides of things, and why they have done certain things. A lot of it was done to fight against botters and try to reward players more, but it's not easy to do both at once. Whatever solution that they come up with will always make some people unhappy.

The nerfed to AD gain from leadership is needed, as there are so many people with an army of leadership alts (myself included) that generates far too much AD than the sink. Then you get people complaining about ZAX being broken coz it has a 5mil+ backlog and takes over a week to get their ZEN, but now you can see that backlog is slowly decreasing.

Then people complain about how hard it is to get blue marks of power/union/stability, and now they're making them drop from dread ring chest. They probably could have done better by it giving either blue or purple marks, but they love to throw in junk when it comes to RNG rewards.

People also ask for more rewards for actually playing the game. Well they're trying to give more RP drop from all sources, it still needs improvement as it's not enough for the new equipments we have, but it's a step forward.

I completely agree with all these things being broken in this module, especially expensive transcendent items etc. I think they've just created another power gap that is even harder to balance than before. I hope they're working on all the bugs.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    arcanaxe wrote: »
    Half the stuff in the game doesn't work as intended, they took about all the AD gain the in game away, plus added a huge timers to most of the stuff in professions. Ah never mind just tired of reading and explaining just how bad Mod 6 is.

They should just shut this game down and get it done with, worsts and incompetent staff I've ever seen working on a game, with each module they bring out, they break the game more and more, and with Mod 6 they just broke the game.

Thats just how i feel, I read most posts and start to reply and just sigh and think why bother no one at cryptic ever listens, they have their little ideas on how to make money and they don't care what we think or want. Mod 6 was the last straw, I'm just doing my profs and invokes and waiting hoping someone at cryptic will do something to save this game
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    Do you not see, this mod was to appease the whales, and upper 1 % of hardcore players, those are the only ones defending the changes, all the while telling us peons, learn to play, find a guild, if you want run with me, you better know what you are doing i carry no one.

Sorry, but this is no longer a fun game, its like playing DnD with that one bad DM.

T1's are fine to run, T2's are difficult, but there is no reason to run them, the reward for the efforts, to put it plainly, suck and are horrible, 2 whole seals?, a cache of 40 once a day, no ty, ill just be invoking for the time being.

Well some people like to have some challenges (and they have finally delivered that after such a long time of people begging for it), and some will always want things to be very easy, well I guess invoking is one way of playing the game.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    oh and still waiting to hear from support on my no sound issue been over a month
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Taking away the dungeon chest at the end of DD hour was a blatant nerf to players. Plain and simple. It's another way to cut back on AD gained in the game, by players, not bots. Not only is it a headache now to gear up, since you have to buy dungeon keys or take the time to collect seals or if someone is on an extreme budget, wait each day for a new free key.

For players that have gear already, we don't get the free AD at the end to farm dungeons to salvage the gear. Even during the new DD hour, the net gain is 3k AD + 3k salvage but each key is 5k AD. Doesn't work out to be a worthwhile endeavor. Which means they just take out more players in the game.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • khaymanbb1023khaymanbb1023 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    Do you not see, this mod was to appease the whales, and upper 1 % of hardcore players, those are the only ones defending the changes, all the while telling us peons, learn to play, find a guild, if you want run with me, you better know what you are doing i carry no one.

Sorry, but this is no longer a fun game, its like playing DnD with that one bad DM.

T1's are fine to run, T2's are difficult, but there is no reason to run them, the reward for the efforts, to put it plainly, suck and are horrible, 2 whole seals?, a cache of 40 once a day, no ty, ill just be invoking for the time being.

How much money does one need to spend to meet your criteria for a whale? $50? $250? $2,500? More? If someone's dropped around $7,000 does that make them a whale? You can lvl 12 all your enchants, trans both weapon and armor, and you'll still be getting pwn'd by peon mobs. Spending money doesn't get you easier survivability any longer. It just gets you a nice swift mount, and maybe some cool dyes...
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If one ponder why the changes please look at every AD source that got nerfed and the "improvements". It won't take a brain surgeon to notice the ones that you got "better" rewards are all bot's favorite choices but the ones that got nerfed were typically done by real players.
    edited May 2015
    healary wrote: »
    If one ponder why the changes please look at every AD source that got nerfed and the "improvements". It won't take a brain surgeon to notice the ones that you got "better" rewards are all bot's favorite choices but the ones that got nerfed were typically done by real players.

Gotta admit I am not a brain surgeon

But

This makes no sense

Really

None at all

Urlord
  • raydrootraydroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As far as making AD, I believe the dragon Harold's are dropping more loot. I've made 900k AD since Thur.
    edited May 2015
    urlord283 wrote: »
    Gotta admit I am not a brain surgeon

But

This makes no sense

Really

None at all

Urlord

Ask Cryptic then but don't expect an answer. But even without an official answer players should know not many bots do GG and other daillies but most of them do the weekly Shrandar instance and leadership among other enchantment farming. The new changes all benefit them.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    With all the nerf to AD, "gold sellers" will probably get a lot of $. It's like... they wanted to help all those 3rd party sites.

Yet the going rate for spammer ad is going way way down. The game makes ad rarer in mod six which should mean that the spammers can charge more for it. But right now spammer ad is at $6.50 per million ad. Down from $12. per million right before mod 6 dropped.

That tells you that people are leaving this game in massive droves.
    edited May 2015
    Yet the going rate for spammer ad is going way way down. The game makes ad rarer in mod six which should mean that the spammers can charge more for it. But right now spammer ad is at $6.50 per million ad. Down from $12. per million right before mod 6 dropped.

That tells you that people are leaving this game in massive droves.

That's because it backfired. Players are not buying anything with real money if they can't get anything from the game to begin with. Content has been removed. AD can hardly be obtained through playing. What's the point of buying illegal AD?
    edited May 2015
    What is the benefit to Cryptic to help out the bots

It may have happened

But

A plan to do this?

Urlord
    edited May 2015
    urlord283 wrote: »
    What is the benefit to Cryptic to help out the bots

It may have happened

But

A plan to do this?

Urlord

Ask them rather but don't expect an answer. They only have to answer to their BOSS when things go wrong.
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    since someone mentioned professions timers - 9 days for unified elements?! 7 for elemental aggregate?! WHY MUST THIS BE?!
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    15k rp from sharanderp weekly.

Just saying.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    15k rp from sharanderp weekly.

Just saying.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

Oh NOW it's a deal!
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Please add Master of the Hunt reward to your list.

The challenge use to be finish it 7 times during skirmish hour. A week of it and you would get a lesser barkshield enchantment that you could sell for 100k or so profit.

100k profit in a week of constantly playing was not that bad.

Now the challenge is to complete the skirmish once or maybe twice during the skirmish hour, with a well geared group, to get what? A chance at a shard of the worst enchantment in Game?

Make content harder? sure.
    Make rewards worst? No way.
    Choose one, not both.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    healary wrote: »
    Ask Cryptic then but don't expect an answer. But even without an official answer players should know not many bots do GG and other daillies but most of them do the weekly Shrandar instance and leadership among other enchantment farming. The new changes all benefit them.

Sharandar RP is character-bound, which is definitely not favoring "the bots".

And we have seen over and over that Cryptic will change things to hinder bots, even though it makes gameplay worse for players. Stop trying to imply PW is in league with gold-sellers.
    edited May 2015
    Sharandar RP is character-bound, which is definitely not favoring "the bots".

And we have seen over and over that Cryptic will change things to hinder bots, even though it makes gameplay worse for players. Stop trying to imply PW is in league with gold-sellers.

I agree with you

There is no angle at which that view looks good

but

I'm thinken whoever believes that whoever believes they are in league with gold-sellers are just gonna believe that no matter what
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    djarkaan wrote: »
    snip

Since all the skirmishes are way harder and take more time to complete, it becomes an indirect nerf because spending more time per run means less runs in general.
  • nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's still completely discomforting that you don't get a substantial amount of RPs from doing dungeons.