test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fight To Submission - trigger?

mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2015 in The Foundry
I have some mobs that I want the player to "fight to submission". However, that doesn't seem to trigger the Component Complete event. And, it leaves the player stuck in combat. Is there a way around either of those problems?

I guess worst case is, I could fake it - and spawn a non-combat version of the mobs in, after the combat version is killed...
DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
The Cursed Emerald:
  1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
  2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4
Post edited by mosby1 on

Comments

• Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yep. Component Complete only triggers on their death. Convenient isn't it.

You can make it a story objective and that will complete. That's what I had to do in Gruumsh's Tower of Conquest for a bar fight objective.
  • Options
    harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Yes it works both ways.

Non-Combat NPC to talk to and if discussion fails you can drop a look alike mob in the place of the non-combat one.
    OR
    Combat mob that once beaten can respawn as a more submissive non-combat mob. This one gets trickier since the combat could easily move you away from the spawn location where it was instigated.

Just make sure your naming and mob skins are identical and it will not take away from the story.
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding