test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Greater Mark of Power

pycon929pycon929 Member Posts: 50
edited May 2015 in PvE Discussion
So I did Dread Spire wanting to get a Greater Mark of Power for arti upgrade, and I only got a blue one...

Is this new or am I missing something? The quest clearly states you will receive a "epic" mark.
Post edited by pycon929 on

Comments

• lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i can confirm no epic marks of power union or stability any more from weekly dread ring area mini dungeons.

not only that but would u care to explain w you sell lvl 60 epic old ger at a lvl 70 area??? whats the point?
  • pycon929pycon929 Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2015
    I was having a good morning too hoping to get a epic mark for my artifact. Ruined
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They left many things unfinished in M6. One of them is the rewards info when you take the quest. I got one yesterday so it's still possible to get them. It's just not a guarantied drop anymore.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ahh, just checked: they have not updated the weekend dialogue from Sgt. Knox. He still says you will get the greater Marks for running each lair.

However, when you choose one of the lairs and hover over the tooltip for the Treasure Trove reward it clearly states that on "Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday" you will receive lesser Mark of Power/Mark of Power/Greater Mark of Power", depending on the lair you choose. So it is a chance -- and a pretty high one -- to get the greater Marks, not guaranteed anymore.

I just bug-reported this in game.
  • pycon929pycon929 Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2015
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    BTW, for the op, if you are looking for a greater mark of power, i will be more than happy to help you out, look me up @shadw2012

Appreciate the offer brother, but I just caved in and went and bought some. I really feel bad for new players coming into this game blind now. It's definitely not a game for casual players anymore.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    Yeah that! I'm pretty sure I've read that greater marks aren't guaranteed to drop anymore somewhere in patchnotes. Probably they haven't changed tooltips of NPCs yet.

Because no one reads the tooltips right there in the game they are playing, but everyone reads patchnotes buried in a forum somewhere. :rolleyes:
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,353 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The blue one was hard to get before. I have tons of purple one and I used to be forced to go to AH to buy the blue one.
    Blue one was a lot more expensive than the purple one before.
    I guess it is changed now. Fortunately, I have not wasted my purple.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***