test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kicking During A Boss Fight

melouche2melouche2 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
I'm a DC with 12.5k GS and I am curious as why this is allowed.

I was just in Castle Never fighting the Dracolich. It was at 1% health and I got booted. How is this remotely fair. I worked just as hard as any of the others on my team and spent a lot of my day doing this dungeon.

I normally don't care if i get kicked but the fact that i couldn't open the chest or roll on the loot is bull****.
Post edited by melouche2 on

Comments

• obliviouslusterobliviousluster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I cant agree enough that this feature is being abused on the console. I played PC for quite some time and I had never had a problem with random kicking. In short, its clearly the console community and their greed. However, it must also be said that the booting feature is there to ensure that bots/afk players or less-than-desirables (e.g. people with gear scores under 11k in Dread Vault) do not have any affect for the rest of party's enjoyment during the dungeon run. Regretfully, I don't think Cryptic/PWE actually cares enough to ensure that their player base has an enjoyable time during the game.

What should take place is some sort of timer or system where players who are booted during the final boss aren't done so without justice. What I mean to say is that there should be a system in place that either A) ensures that players who "agreed" to the kick do not acquire any loot/ cannot open chest at the end, B) that a players who vote to kick during combat must pay a fee (either 10 gold per, or 10,000 astral diamonds per) to ensure that the player has a fair chance at loot, or C) which is less than desirable, that the player(s) who began the kick are also booted from the dungeon should the kick be done during a boss fight.

Its very iffy to say the least, but I believe a combination of A and B would suffice. The idea of the kicking system has more cons than pros, needless to say. Its a very abused system on the xbox one and there should be some sort of system integrated to ensure that all players have a fair shot. Remember, no system is perfect, but something must be done!
    Walk on wandering souls
    For your respite we pray
    Let our humble song clear your hearts of dismay,
    Rekindle the flame in your souls and set you free
    So walk on and become the light that guides the way~
  • mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think a much simpler solution would be to just disable the vote kick system if any player is engaged in combat.
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
  • obliviouslusterobliviousluster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mrtehpuppy wrote: »
    I think a much simpler solution would be to just disable the vote kick system if any player is engaged in combat.

Fair enough. I was merely suggesting alternatives for the "just-n-case" scenarios where an afk player (or trolling player) happens to be present.
    Walk on wandering souls
    For your respite we pray
    Let our humble song clear your hearts of dismay,
    Rekindle the flame in your souls and set you free
    So walk on and become the light that guides the way~
  • mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fair enough. I was merely suggesting alternatives for the "just-n-case" scenarios where an afk player (or trolling player) happens to be present.

I getcha there. My thought process is along the lines of, if it's an AFK player, the party can stop between fights to kick, thus not being in combat. ANd if it's a trolling player, the group can wait for him to die, then kick after he does.
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
  • bhaall5308bhaall5308 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Or make it so you can't kick a person at all after the end boss has been engaged. Just to prevent them from booting someone right after the kill.
  • yllenyllen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is just mean and greedy. I'm not sure how you can stop this happening. As long as there is *some* control over party composition, folks are going to exploit it.

This is about the type of people we have in the community. The way to solve it is to provide controls to help build communities.

If there was a /ignore command, that not only filters chat, but never puts you in a party with people who are /ignored and if players build up ignorelists with nasty people who do this, then slowly over time they'll start to get matched with people who are decent, morally conscious players. And the people who religiously kick at bosses for no reason will start to get on a *lot* of ignorelists, and will find it increasingly more difficult to get into parties and find NW becoming an increasingly lonely place.

Still think there should also be some control over who joins the party. If people are truly after one type of class to join, then we should provide some selection capability rather than indescriminate matching based on GS. We can argue whether its *necessary* or not for forever and a day; it doesn't matter. The fact is a lot of players have preferences for certain classes for semi-legitimate reasons. Some of them loot related (I don't want two CWs in my group since we'll be competing for drops). Personally I don't have a problem with that, but it should be declared up front to save people wasting time.
  • ereasernlereasernl Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bhaall5308 wrote: »
    Or make it so you can't kick a person at all after the end boss has been engaged. Just to prevent them from booting someone right after the kill.

Why not both?
    - No kicks if any player is engaged in combat.
    - No kicks once the final boss has been engaged, so there's no kicking after everything is dead and thus being out of combat.
  • reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    The fact that the game launched without a staple feature is really annoying. The option they really need is a manual requeue by party leader after someone leaves, so you have the option to invite a friend or guildmate instead of automatically picking up a random.

It's really counterintuitive and it's clear they rushed the development of a lot of the game's features and mechanics.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
  • jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2015
    Taking away the anonymity of those who initiate and partake of the voting out so that it is easier to block and report them would eventually reduce the amount of times it happens.
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Are you sure it was a kick? Is it possible you just had a poorly timed disconnect or accidentally quit the group? I didn't think you could initiate a kick vote during combat.
  • renownedz3r0347renownedz3r0347 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The same thing happened to me just now as a trickster rogue, me being a guy who is on his alternate character, my main being a GF with 13.5k GS. The boss dies and I get kicked right as loot drops. So I don't get a shot at loot, no seals and no opening the chest to have chance at the armor that I'm playing for to acquire and I have it recorded for all the world to see.
  • vintagevivvintageviv Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A few nights ago I was doing Karrundax with 3 friends - me on CW, GF, DC, and a TR. We had a SW placed with us in the queue in the beginning and they disconnected when we were on the lap to the final boss. We never did kick them from group knowing the game is really fickle with connectivity and eventually their name fell off the list. The 4 of us went in to the boss and a Rogue joined when Karrundax was around 60% health. We were busy fighting and frankly, none of us cared that he joined late. We actually joked that he just had the best luck ever. After a min or two he started begging us in chat not to kick him and that he just wanted a shot at the end chest. I found time to reply that he was welcome to the group and no one was kicking him for any reason.

After the boss died he came out and helped us clean up trash mobs, instantly passed on the shard of whatever enchantment that dropped from boss, grabbed his chest and promptly rolled out.

After reading all the posts on these forums and Reddit about people getting kicked, I have resolved never to kick anyone for trivial reasons. I never did it to begin with, but did let my guild know we are not getting into this foolishness. We are not going to be a part of that classless crowd that kick people for the lulz, competition or whatever first world excuse they come up with. If we get into a queue that has no Cleric or tank or whatever, we just leave, regroup and re-queue. My gaming experience is not more important than any one else's. They're just trying to enjoy the game, just like I am.

TLDR: Wheaton's Law
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    It's actually been going on since launch and people pointed it out then too, in fact it was an ongoing issue in BETA they just didn't have a community that actually cared enough and were vocal enough to do something about it. Now though they're having to deal with the big boys who don't play that game with the console player and are required to fix it especially if it gets wind back to MS. So we'll see what happens next.

PC players have been complacent too long.
  • newmfinnewmfin Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was pissed tonight, I went all the way to the end of the spider queen t2 dungeon dying once because I was the last alive and everybody was running back to the fight( I main a HR). We get to the end and we got rid of an AFKer that was idle for about 5 min(I personally allow a longer time cause sometimes stuff happens). We get a second TR, okay we try and wipe (I was again last alive). Boom kicked.

So I normally just brush it off but not tonight. First thing I went to friends and changed the filter to recent players and sent a message to one of the,
    Me: "are you effin serious I am giving you a bad rep for that nonsense "

Him:" um wait, what"( I think he was surprised I messaged him)

Me: " you kick me after one wipe when I was the last alive and doing my job"

Him:"your the ranger right?"

Me:" yup"

Him:" we didn't mean to kick you, we mention to kick the orther tr for not listening"

Long story short I told him it takes three votes and they all must be daft if 3 guys meant to kick someone else but voted yes. So I spent the next 2 hours queuing and getting booted until I finally just shutoff the Xbox. What a wast of my time all night. I am pissed, it's not like I am being carried if anything I am carrying. I always finish top 1or a close 2nd in damage and always 1st in kills.

In my opinion what's going to kill this game is the que system, if it takes all night to MAYBE finish 1 dungeon if you're lucky then why play. And yes I am in a guild but tonight 2 guys were levelling alt toons, a couple got fed up and played destiny (yea I know 💩) and my 2nd in command was so pissed from last night he took the night off.

Sorry guys just needed to vent
    End /rant