test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Temptation Warlock's healing in PvP - viable or not?

ashkherashkher Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Nine Hells
So, I'm playing a Temptation build for a while now. My GS is still not very high (around 11.3k), but I manage. I like the mobility Eldritch Momentum provides, the damage is still good enough to easily melt things down and it's actually surprisingly easy to keep people up in PvE. PvP, however, is where things get a bit tricky, hence the thread.

The thing about healing in PvP is that things are much more hectic, fast paced, mobile. It's not just about standing near your palls, because they can be in many different places - you have to decide who needs help and then stay close to them - which is the first limitation, esspecially when your basic defense is your mobility. People are also often getting focused and Temptation warlock lacks the ability to easily answer this with a focused healing - we have no direct heal, obviously, our heals are limited by opponents availability. Many of our skills are also DoTs, which can have a negative effect on healing done (sometimes they won't reach their full damage potential before the adversary gets mowed down by other players). Last but not least, we can't get people's HP up between the fights - no way of supporting their own regeneration (or lack of it).

Right now, I'm mostly playing in PUGs (it's gonna change, but it is what it is, for the time being) and because of reasons pointed out above, I'm not entirelly sure how useful my healing really is to the team. Before I fully commit to the build, I would like some feedback from more experienced Temp locks, both those playing in PuGs and premades. Possibly also players of different classes, who know good temp locks and play with them often. How good of a healer you feel you (in case of warlocks) or they (in case of others) are in PvP?
Post edited by ashkher on

Comments

• praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Honestly because most of your healing in the temptation tree comes from life steal, I wouldn't think it'd be very good for pvp, where life steal isn't considered that important of a stat (at least in my opinion, and I am by no means a pvp main or a top tier pvper). That being said the buffs that you can get from the tree are good and have a nice balance of defense and offense that would be good in pvp.

here's an example temptation spec that I think would be good for pvp, you still have a bit of healing from life steal but most of what I picked was for buffs and debuffs.
    http://nwcalc.com/sw?b=cn4:2hwcg:5m9s,13jiu5i:6u000:60000:b5z51&h=1&p=hlb

Hope this helps
  • martinabc321martinabc321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Could you tell me what stats you are focusing on. Lifesteal/Power/Crit ?
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'll give you an update on mod 6 SWs if you wish, I realize this is an old thread
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • martinabc321martinabc321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Please do I can't find much on Temp Warlocks
  • pycon929pycon929 Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2015
    If you're trying to compete with DC and OP then just stop and save yourself the rage. Although templock in GG is kind of amusing when surrounded by the barracks dudes.