test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Newbie requiring advice

gigthulhugigthulhu Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvE Discussion
Hi, sorry for asking newb questions. I can't seem to find what I need. Not precisely. But if you guys have links to what I need, that'd be nice.

Anyway, my newb question is, is there a guide on how to "progress" in Mod 6?

When I first started playing Neverwinter around Xmas 2013 (I remember because it was right in the middle of Winterfest), there were quite a few guides on how a player should progress. I kinda need advice now that Mod 6 has launched.

I managed to get 2 of my toons from level 60 to level 70 (GWF & CW). However, I'm unsure how to progress. I reached those levels via dragon farming and double xp week, and I've finished Spinward Rise thanks to some help from my Guild Members, but now I'm stuck.

I was told to get the Eternal Set from WoD as the armor scales, but none of my characters can defeat the mobs there. Only my now level 70 CW is able to take on mobs (provided there's no Green Dragonwing + White Dragonwing in the mob). So I'm slowly getting the Dragonfangs needed for her, but none of my other characters can survive.

And now that double xp's over... is there a non-grindy way to level up from 60 to 70?

I'm not trying to be passive aggressive or whatever. I'm genuinely stuck on how to level up once I hit level 60, and how to further progress once I hit level 70.

I'm also told that the "easiest" Dungeons now are VT and Elol? But I can't beat the maps, therefore I can't get the currency to unlock the Dungeons to get the gear to beat the Dungeons.

I realize the best/fastest way to get good gear is to do PVP but is there a PVE way of doing so as I just don't want to do PVP because a) I don't want to drag my party down and b) Let's face it, doing PVP in my current state is pure suicide/masochism. I don't mind losing but knowingly losing just isn't fun y'know?

Anyway. I apologize for venting, but seriously, how do I progress in this game? What's the best way outside of PVP to get good gear? Am I missing something? Am I being given incorrect info and there's actually non-Epic Dungeons where I can get decent gear? Is there a non-grindy way to level up my character once I hit 60/complete Whispering Caverns and I'm just being a doof for not realizing it?

Thanks for any help/advice/links.
Post edited by gigthulhu on

Comments

• wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The scaling dungeons 25-70 are very easy even for undergeared toons and give some nice blue items.
  • gigthulhugigthulhu Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Scaling Dungeons? Sorry, despite being at this game for so long, I'm not very familiar with certain terms. I was actually on a long hiatus prior to Mod 6. So, which are the scaling Dungeons again? Are you talking about stuff like Cloak Tower? Thank you.
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Dungeons that Scale with your lvl. You can see them in queue (Temple of the Spider, Great Wold Den and Cragmaire Crypts). But not the 2000 GS ones, but lvl 25-70 ones
    edited May 2015
    Oh, I didn't realize that. I guess I was given wrong info. I was told that the "easiest" dungeons now are stuff like VT. Thanks a lot, I'll try those.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gigthulhu wrote: »
    Oh, I didn't realize that. I guess I was given wrong info. I was told that the "easiest" dungeons now are stuff like VT. Thanks a lot, I'll try those.

You are sort-of right in that the easiest EPIC dungeons are meant to be VT and LoL. However, I and many other players I know, have had ridiculous lag in VT for some reason. LoL is doable IF you can find a decent tank and healer but you might want to get some decentish level 70 Blues off the AH before you try it.
  • zevathonzevathon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    At 60, go do the tree quests for some 60 greens and a blue helment that are more designed for Mod6 (+HP).

Then do Common Cause daily.

Sharandar's AR weekly has a nice reward too these days, but you want to get used to the 4 new Elemental zones, even though the only one you really need to do is Spinward, which is where you get your MH. However, Spinward's zone can be lag-o-liscious, so find the least populated one; that seems to fix that. By doing all 3x18 Vindication (V-something) at Spinward, you get your fancy new Arti MH. Knox in PE gives you your new Arti OH at 70.

You'll probably salvage any purps you had previously as level 65 blues probably surpass them, but check the numbers. LS and Regen got big nerfs, so they're not as useful in terms of survival. A lot of folks just went to 70 on their BiS Mod5 gear and that will work fine, but again, when you hit Spinward, you'll possibly die a bunch.

Be prepared to buy a lot of healing potions... or just start a DPS Pally or DC. Then you can self-heal after a fight. You can always respec at 70 if you plan to actually group, since they changed the game to be more like other MMOs where party comp matters. I don't think that's a good thing, but it is what it is.
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the advice fellas. I wish going from 60 to 70 isn't such a boring grind though.