test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help Needed, this can't be it????

adgedubadgedub Member Posts: 28 Arc User
Ok, I need some help.

Got my character to level/rank 17 now, the character is a 'Great Weapons Fighter' but my character to put it bluntly is <bleep> :mad: all he can do is swing his sword or do that spinning thing? But I see other players in battles doing crazy firing things and big rocks pinging out the floor around them and crazy stuff like that, Some of these players are quite low level/ranks too? What am I doing wrong?

Can someone just give me some real newbie advice on how to beast my bloke up a bit so he can do some good moves? How and where i find these things? Any advice welcome.
Post edited by adgedub on

Comments

• Options
    pufpuffpasspufpuffpass Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2015
    Hey man, figured I'd drop by here. I currently just rolled a GWF, he's level 23. I have a level 60 cw. Now my CW does cool moves like you said. Can summon an ice tornado, freeze people, someone a rock n roll it until it explodes. That kinda stuff, but he's a mage class. Its the magic that looks cool.

Now my GWF, yeh he swings his sword alot, but he swings it mostly into top damage in dungeons! He's a beast. He is supposed to swing his sword though. I don't know the skill names off the top of my head, but the first additional at will you can learn (wicked strike I think), yeh that hits multiple targets. Add that to the first RT at will, which also hits multiple people. Your guy hits the majority of the mob your in. Your first encounter , sweeping strike, is another great wide attack move.

As for the two other encounter spots, I'm currently trying moves. But for now I like skill that knocks an enemy prone, and the move that gives you life back. They do massive damage on single targets, and the ability to gain life and knock the big guy prone can really help you at times of need. Sorry the moves are vague, still new to GWF. But with those skills, I have been out DPS TRs and CWs in current level dungeons.

Also, spam your RB skill. Use the passive that grants you the bonus determination in combat, and the passive that grants you Daily regen while using determination. Spam use RB and your daily. I use the Earthquake daily move for mobs, and spinning daily move for bosses.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Sounds like I've picked the wrong character, This Great Weapons guy is boring.. I wanted to be able to shoot things around. I've seen someone spring these massive rocks out the floor, or this guy firing these big green things and laser beams about?? I wanted to be able to do that.

Can I change my character race or fighting style without starting again? As took me ages to get to rank/level 17, and don't want to lose my Zen/Astrals either?
  • Options
    fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    adgedub wrote: »
    Sounds like I've picked the wrong character, This Great Weapons guy is boring.. I wanted to be able to shoot things around. I've seen someone spring these massive rocks out the floor, or this guy firing these big green things and laser beams about?? I wanted to be able to do that.

Can I change my character race or fighting style without starting again? As took me ages to get to rank/level 17, and don't want to lose my Zen/Astrals either?

You choose a Great Weapon Fire expecting to "shoot things around" and "fire these big green things and laser beams about" ???

Hahahah I'm so confused but nonetheless, no you can't just change your class now.

Yes, you can change your race with a race re-roll token but they currently do not work on the XBox.

Took you ages to get level 17? Hmm maybe read a guide on leveling on the internet because getting to level 17 should not take "ages".
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    fukiiyu wrote: »
    You choose a Great Weapon Fire expecting to "shoot things around" and "fire these big green things and laser beams about" ???

Hahahah I'm so confused but nonetheless, no you can't just change your class now.

Yes, you can change your race with a race re-roll token but they currently do not work on the XBox.

Took you ages to get level 17? Hmm maybe read a guide on leveling on the internet because getting to level 17 should not take "ages".

I thought it would be more like darksiders 2, so thought being a Great Weapon Fighter would have some wild moves, but he really doesn't
  • Options
    fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Watch some YouTube gameplay videos of each class to find out which one you would like to play.

If you want big green laser beams then GWF is not for you.
  • Options
    silver44swordsilver44sword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just wait till you hit later levels...man O" man alive will you start too see some awesome-crazy skills and feats flow from that character; this all depends on your settings though, but primarily until about mid twenties the GWF can be kinda stale. Technically this can be said about all the other classes to like the ranger class; which besides switching stances leaves only a few combat options.

On the pc version I have a 60 lvl GWF dwarf that isn't tagged out yet but he is a bruiser in his own right.

If you aren't completely satisfied you might have to RESET ur powers/feats or reroll another GWF to tune it right.
  • Options
    zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Flourish: Single Target Encounter - You'll dash forward a bit, stabbing the enemy from different sides at least 7-8 times (if not more). This stuns the enemy

Restoring Strike: Single Target Encounter - swing your weapon at the enemy, in an uppercut fashion, healing yourself for a percentage based on the the damage dealt

Indomitable Battle Strike: Encounter (mostly single, but can hit multiple enemies in front of you, you'll unlock this at 50 points) - Slam your weapon in front of you, dealing massive damage to the enemie(s). Should be used as an execution encounter (when enemies health is low). Killing an enemy with it will mark all enemies, lowering their damage resistance.

Crescendo: Single Target Daily - hit a single enemy multiple times from all sides, following up with a single massive blow that caused the enemy to go prone.

These three Encounters and Daily, alone, are what make a GWF fun and Titan like. They also have that Darksiders-ish like feel to them, if you're still wanting that. Put your lazer beams aside. They won't be needed with this class.

I will say though, if you want something more complex and you want more range than melee, than Control Wizard or Scourge Warlock would be a better option. If you want a hybrid melee/range class, Hunter Ranger is it! I, for one, love my GWF, but he does feel a bit monotonous with very little complexity. I love complex rotations that require some strategic layout (for the most part) over just mindlessly smashing buttons.
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I picked a great weapon fighter assuming that a 'great weapon' would be something like a AK-47 or 12-gage or some laser rifle. All I can do is use this dumb sword, which isn't really that great at all. Despite clearly being an MMO (one based on Dungeons and Dragons, at that) I still thought it'd play like a totally different genre. This MMORPG plays too much like an MMORPG, and that really confuses me.
    Do I get a grande launcher soon, or what?
    adgedub wrote: »

Snark aside, if you start again you can transfer your diamonds to your new character.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.