test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Frame rate issues EVERYWHERE

agrikaanusagrikaanus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
"Frame rate issues on newer maps:
We are working to determine what could be causing this."

Am I the only one to suffer this EVERYWHERE and ALL THE TIME!?

Neverwinter isn't exactly unplayable, but close to it. After 10 mins of stuttering and graphical lag, I start to feel motion sickness. This is on all maps, but only on one of my PC's (the newest/SLI one). No, nothing wrong with the PC, it started exactly at Mod6 launch, and only in Neverwinter. No matter what settings I use, I've spent many hours testing. So due to the graphical issues, I haven't been able to progress far enough to start to suffer the mod properly. Nothing would make me happier than a complete scrapping of Mod6 and reverting back to Mod5.
Post edited by agrikaanus on

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not FPS issues but there is serious rubberbanding in all zones for me. Unplayable at times. I think the servers are on the verge of collapse.

New hamster needed ASAP.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • zevathonzevathon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    With rubberbanding, I see a lot of it when I'm in Spinward. The solution is I change maps to one with the fewest players and that seems to solve it. The max number of characters per map seems to be higher than the server can manage. They should set the number down to 20. I think it's 30 right now. Otherwise, throw some more memory-per-instance out there.

Then there's just game-locking-lag. We've renamed Well of Dragons to Well of Laggins. You can fit 40 in a zone instance via invites. When Draconic Heralds are getting going, we pile 'em on to try and clear all 5 (or more!).

Anecdotally and observationally, it seems when a DC tosses out an Astral Seal, the game freezes. I use both the /reduce_mip 1 and /unlit 1 switches when starting so I don't seem to lock up now or maybe DCs are listening to that one guy with the incomprehensible name spamming the warning via /s to not use it. I only use the word "spam" because he does. He's doing a great job in trying to make the community "work". Kudos to him and his organizational skills.

EDIT: I just remembered doing SoT a couple times last night and rubberbanding like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... yeah, so switching maps is not such an option... but then we all die because if you can't dodge the shotgun blast... at least we're spending gold on bandages? :unsure:
  • agrikaanusagrikaanus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, just to clarify, my issues at the moment are only graphical/frame rate.

As I can't play the game since Mod 6, all I do is invoke and start professions, every day. Once I get past this issue, I look forward to rubberbanding galore, buying scores of bandages and getting one-shotted along with everyone else. :)
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Please that joke with cleric must stop.IS NOT the cleric is not the gf is noone.I Have made runs with gf who didnt use valor without cleric
    and the rubberbanding was disgusting( and still is).SO to defend the dungeons difficulty( which some players want nerf) which is normal as should be when server dont lag doable everything.So cryptic need fix the lag and not nerf dungeons) thanks.
  • adisonmakadisonmak Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    for my case, it was ok at first but as more and more adds pour in, the fps becomes horrible during last boss.

The first thing i adjusted is set the Max lights per object back to 2. while the rest was still on high settings. except the shadows (on medium setting). and i leave it at that after i test run again on same skirmish. framerate went ok compare to previous. probably just me or the setting for this one in particular is very taxing.
  • a3skinnera3skinner Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yep mass latency issues ..appaling frame rate// constant disconnects/ and thats just playing solo with a 50 mb connection and a good graphics card ....gets worse when you team up in places and certain areas are worse than others malabogs castle is virtually UNPLAYABLE
    unless you lower all GC settings to minimal ... your servers are absolutley rubbish
  • madaragataosenaimadaragataosenai Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Game lagging even on ultimate systems,frame rate isue is 2 years old and game still not optimised...PWE only want to get money without doing game better,poor cryptic just their slaves!
    edited April 2015
    New patch today, still the same nauseating frame rate issues. Problem not solved. Still can't play the game.
    edited April 2015
    And still not playable. Thanks for the support...
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I too get Game lagging

But

Everywhere
  • tessamorseltessamorsel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the game is becoming near to unplayable and certainly unfun due to rubberbanding, fps, lag. I am hearing repeatedly from folks that it is on players end, but don't see how this is possible if all are experiencing the issue.
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, it's not my PC either, it worked great on the highest settings before Mod6, and as soon as I logged in after, it started. And my other dozen or so games that I play regularly still work great, as does the other 20 games I have installed. After all, my PC can run 5 instances of EVE Online without issues, 6 months ago, and today. And everything is updated and checked.

The graphic stutter is far worse on the lowest settings, than it ever was on the highest before Mod6 arrived. Almost unbearable, and I still get motion sickness after some time playing. That never happens, in any other games now, or before in any game I've played over the last 25 years as a PC gamer. Except one actually; I suffered motions sickness from playing Wolfenstein 3D. In 1993...

Another patch arrived today, still no change. I'm going to leave NWO for other games now, and stick to professions using the gateway once per day, in case I ever come back. Fly safe!
  • biibiisaibiibiisai Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here. I set everything to low or min, whatever is the lowest setting. I noticed that when I am alone in an area the fps is almost like that in mod 5. Once another person or enemy gets into my view, fps starts getting bad.

In GG, it's like 2. I can't use powers, can't dodge. I can only see what others do to me and see how fast my hp drains.

My video card is AMD Radeon HD 7500G. Is it possible to revert back to what it was like in mod 5? I got the best graphics and least lag back then, better than previous mods too.
  • aelfgarmtaelfgarmt Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Last night after the patch, I found this issue to be minimal, but not completely, fixed. It was playable, for the first time in weeks. Hopefully this is really fixed.
  • bammurbammur Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2015
    aelfgarmt wrote: »
    Last night after the patch, I found this issue to be minimal, but not completely, fixed. It was playable, for the first time in weeks. Hopefully this is really fixed.

Last night I gave up playing. Frame rate was fine, and I don't recall having any issues with that anyway, but the rubber banding was horrendous. Even in solo instances, like the Minsc quests, I never knew where I was going to end up and dodging was near impossible. Last night was the worst it's been for me in quite a while.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    aelfgarmt wrote: »

My frame rate is just as abysmal. It's really noticeable in eLOL, in the scorpion area. I might be getting 5 fps there at best.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured